Search results

1. von Marwitz

New members introduce yourself here!

I recognized your avatar in this new post of yours and thought: "Nice! He hasn't been around for a long time!" Welcome back and my best wishes to your health. von Marwitz
  2. von Marwitz

Quotes

God is dead. -Nietzsche Nietzsche is dead. -God
  3. von Marwitz

VASL Scenario Setups?

This is right. And as far as I know, the VASL setup files which are available do not provide the VC and SSR, so the "original" scenario card is still required. At least this is the case for all VASL setup files which I have created. von Marwitz
  4. von Marwitz

VASL Scenario Setups?

I agree. von Marwitz
  5. von Marwitz

The rarest ASL item?

Doh! Right there... von Marwitz
  6. von Marwitz

The rarest ASL item?

Which of these counters are supposed to be the Chaplains? von Marwitz
  7. von Marwitz

Quotes

Never argue with the long haired general. ;) von Marwitz
  8. von Marwitz

Gyrostabilizers

Makes absolute sense. I like this approach. 👍 von Marwitz
  9. von Marwitz

Bishop Says...

Absolutely! VASL is just awesome for Night. A few years ago, I played 6 Night scenarios in a row to learn it and to get the feeling for it. It was fun! But unfortunately not enough, to anchor the rules in my mind. Today, I would have to start over. Night "unlocks" another area of ASL. And not...
  10. von Marwitz

Main section

This is, indeed, unfortunate. von Marwitz
  11. von Marwitz

Chat window text lines

If some people don't like line numbers and others do, wouldn't it be an option to add a checkbox to a future version of VASL which has the effect of either showing or hiding them in the Log Window? von Marwitz
  12. von Marwitz

Main section

Meh. I can't help to have a hunch that this idea is primarily intended to impose "premier" prices on modules. As a player, I would support the opposite path: Keep Core Modules' contents limited to exactly what is needed thus keeping the price down. The more stuff is bundled or "premiered"...
  13. von Marwitz

Either/Or Game

ANZAC vs. IJA. Many of the US vs. IJA scenarios are just tons of firepower chipping away at Japanese hunkering down and hoping for the best to have some forsaken HS alive at game end for the win. ANZAC vs. IJA has often more balanced firepower, making the game more interesting and allowing for...
  14. von Marwitz

Gyrostabilizers

Good question. It comes up rarely, but as far as I remember, I do so when it would make a difference for an effect after the vehicle has been hit. von Marwitz
  15. von Marwitz

VASL versus ASL or Advanced_Squad_Leader

Indeed! You have to pronounce the "s" like in Sylt, not like (an) insult. So easy... :D von Marwitz
  16. von Marwitz

Your favorite thread on Gamesquad

🤣 I have not followed the recent debate about the "Grant Gun", but I remember triggering a thread about the very same topic a number of years ago and even reaching conclusions... Some questions reemerge every now and then. And not for the worse, because typically when they do, one has forgotten...
  17. von Marwitz

Main section

Splendid idea! Let's elaborate - how about this one: 🔞 The "MMP should make black SS counters (only) canon and add precision dice to modules while mandating chess clock use to speed up play, all the while the IFT be dropped and the IIFT (without CTC) being defined as standard - and for good...
  18. von Marwitz

Your favorite thread on Gamesquad

The very same. Hands down. It is sad, that Paul Weir is no longer with us. He had a truly encyclopedic knowledge of AFV, that appeared to be almost "magical" - as evidenced by his "familiar" cat resting on his shoulders on this GameSquad avatar. Rest In Peace, Paul. von Marwitz
  19. von Marwitz

VASL-6.6.8 is released

In the VASL v6.6.8 release notes it says you should use VASSAL v3.7.9 (the current one as of 3. April 2024) or newer. von Marwitz
  20. von Marwitz

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Updated to new VASL v6.6.8, VASSAL v3.7.9, and took the time to refresh all the Extensions that weren't up to date. All fresh & shiny now! von Marwitz