Search results

1. Stever

DZ: Sainte-Mere-Eglise Bocage Gap Question

Yes it is Open Ground beneath the MMC.
  2. Stever

A10.51 Interpretation

There are 2 ways to interpret a sentence in A10.51 and I have seen both ways used. Just curious what is the proper interpretation. "Upon reaching a building/woods Location not ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, a routing unit must stop and end its RtPh in that building/woods Location even if...
  3. Stever

Thanks Klas for the response, it put me on the right path. I think I was overthinking this as the answer is quite clear in A6.1, which is much more of a basic rule than I was looking for.
  4. Stever

AT first look at the maps, me and my opponent thought the brown markings on bocage were just paths but now after reading the SSR's we realize that they are actually gaps in the bocage (SM2.1). Regular rules (9.3) say that if the LOS goes through the gap, then only a non-moving unit gets the...
  5. Stever

Forgotten War Q & A.

I reviewed the Note #22 but it only referred to the AP To Kill number. I can't find anything there regarding the HE Equivalency. It makes sense that it would be a 12 as it uses a larger shell but C8.31 says it is still just an 8. I believe the C8.31 table needs an update to reflect the BAZ50 but...
  6. Stever

Forgotten War Q & A.

From what I can read, when a bazooka fires at infantry in a stone building or behind a stone wall, and you achieve a hit, you use the chart C8.31 for HE Equivalency. C8.31 says all BAZ use 8 HE Equivalency. I can't find an update in the FW charts and I am looking at the latest version of the...
  7. Stever

Forgotten War Q & A.

The BAZ 50 has a firepower # of 12. When would this be applicable? The charts and rules don't seem to updated for this SW on that part. The HE Equivalency still shows an 8. The HEAT To Kill Table has been updated for the BAZ 50. I know an ATR can fire without the To Hit directly at infantry, but...
  8. Stever

A12.15 Detection & Human Wave/ Bonzai

Thanks Jim, your logic with A8.312 makes total sense.
  9. Stever

A12.15 Detection & Human Wave/ Bonzai

When a Human Wave/ Bonzai unit enters a hex containing 3 concealed units does A12.15 Detection apply, except for the going back a hex portion? That is would one use random selection to determine which unit(s) lost concealment or would all 3 units lose concealment automatically?
  10. Stever

Bocage and Gullies

Thanks for all of the thoughts and references. I had searched for a Perry Says but did not find it. It's good to know that it is out there. As a further question, I wonder if Ken Dunn (the Scenario Adapter) or any of the other play testers of SM1 could pipe in and let us know how they treated...
  11. Stever

Bocage and Gullies

Can the 7-4-7 in NN11 see the 4-6-7 in QQ11? This is on the Saint Mere Eglise map so bocage is in play. I am not sure that a unit in crest status of a gully can claim wall advantage.
  12. Stever

ASL SCANDINAVIAN OPEN 2020 (February 26th - March 1st)

There are pics on that terrible place called facebook.:unsure:
  13. Stever

CASLO XXIV - Fredericton NB 15 - 17 May

Depending on how the train schedule worked out, I could possibly grab him in Moncton on my way to Fredericton.
  14. Stever

Questions about Winter Offensive

I am flying down to Winter Offensive on Wednesday and just trying to figure out what I should bring in regards to ASL gaming. I am trying to travel light so I was hoping to get away with just rule book, charts & dice tower. Will there be lots of local players with larger kits and I will be fine...
  15. Stever

FT 215 Questions

Thanks Paul & Lionel.
  16. Stever

FT 215 Questions

I am getting ready to play this tomorrow and I have a couple of questions recarding the special rules. "2. The German player may setup one MMC (and any SMC/SW stacked with) HIP. Germans may Boresight." What is the signifcance of the statemment "Germans may Boresight"? Is this just a...