Search results

1. R

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

I wonder why the broken ML of the Russian Assault Engineers is 9 in TOTR while in VOTG and FB it is 8?
  2. R

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

My opponent did the exact same thing when we played this last year. What a fiasco that scenario was. Being HD in the wadi didn't stop my halftracks from quickly dying in only a few turns.
  3. R

Any Easy Easts?

I found it in the Internet Archive (web.archive.org) but not sure if I am allowed to post that URL.
  4. R

Any Easy Easts?

The Front in Flames. Four turns, low unit count, infantry only. It used to be available as a download from MMP but I can't find it now.
  5. R

Special OPS Issue #11

I've had some modest success selling the included games in the magazine on BoardGameGeek to offset the cost of the magazine.
  6. R

Thoughts on Scenario E Hill 621?

Yep, showed that article to my buddy about a month ago suggesting we consider one of those variants. Our playing of Hill 621 was years before Journal 13 was published.
  7. R

Thoughts on Scenario E Hill 621?

Don't pull two red chits like I did. Hard to stop the Russians with no OBA.
  8. R

ASL scenarios featuring close relatives

Okay, not a relative but a former neighbor who lived across the street from us on our cul-de-sac. One winter day I was out shoveling snow when the old Polish gentleman came back from walking his dog. "Sure is cold out, Mr. Severin" , I said. "You think this is cold, you should what it is like...
  9. R

Will the cost of suitable venues hasten the demise of ftf events?

Huh, Nice. As a matter of fact there is a Ramada almost next door to an American Legion hall. Only one restaurant within walking distance. Only two miles from the Cleveland airport.
  10. R

Will the cost of suitable venues hasten the demise of ftf events?

I seem to remember that the Middleburg Heights location gave Mark the meeting room for free as long as enough rooms were booked.
  11. R

J204 Raff's Army question

I'm going to be playing this on Tuesday. SSR 2 mentions "American Guns" but I only see one in the American OB. So is 1 the correct number in the OB and the SSR maybe should have said "The American Gun"?
  12. R

ASLOK Feedback - How much does an airport shuttle matter?

Now that I know how much convention space you need, I might pop over to those places and see what they have. Also, I'll think about other possibilities. I was the one who suggested the Middleburg Hts. location to Mark where ASLOK resided for some years.
  13. R

ASLOK Feedback - How much does an airport shuttle matter?

I'm curious if you checked the accommodations of the three or four hotels at the I-480 and Great Northern Blvd area?
  14. R

‘Best’ large scenario?

U23 Rehearsal for Crete was like playing three scenarios simultaneously. Just played AP56 Quagmire a few weeks ago and that also had three separate battles going on across the playing area.
  15. R

Is this a legitimate use of a DC Hero?

Let's say a DC Hero doesn't have enough MF to enter the target building containing the enemy squad. G1.423 says a THH can advance in the APh. If the DC Hero can advance in, can he still detonate his DC in either the APh or the CCPh? (The Hero doesn't have enough MF because the squad expended 2...
  16. R

Forgotten War scenarios

Is that available online somewhere?
  17. R

Why no glider tanks in Russian OB?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20221020-the-tank-that-could-fly-into-battle
  18. R

How old is the oldest ASLer who still plays?

ASLOK suggestion for Bret: Senior Mini Tournament. I'm 74 btw.
  19. R

Forgotten War scenarios

There might be two.
  20. R

Memories of Bill " Fish " Conner, part two

I remember Fish laughing about how he got a brand new postal vehicle and on the first day he spun out on a wet road and wrecked it. He was kind enough to give a one of his Chute Five dice towers which I used for years until I dropped it. One time I traded him my working Apple II + computer for...