Search results

1. johnl

ASL Tournament List

I recall some time ago seeing a list of all of the (known) ASL tournaments with location, dates, etc. Is that still out there somewhere?
  2. johnl

Dummy Squad or HS

Can a ?? dummy represent either a squad or half squad. IOW can a real hs move into a 1s foxhole with a dummy?
  3. johnl

A15.431, A20.4 Guard Goes Berserk in MPh

C; it will then eliminate the prisoners in AFPh and return to normal. ....Perry MMP
  4. johnl

Board 47 Stream

Rule B201.1 (My bold) 20.1 A stream is a gully containing a small rivulet. A hex such as 13P4 con- taining a thin meandering blue line enclosed in a layered white, brown, and dark green background which extends through two hexsides of the hex is a stream hex. 13G4 and I6 are not stream hexes...
  5. johnl

Adding VBM Bypass Overlay to QC Bar

When I drag the VBM Bypass Template/Overlay from Draggable Overlays to my QC Bar I get an Armored Bulldozer instead. Using 3.6.19/6.6.6. I haven't checked previous versions but will if needed.
  6. johnl

Sparrow Force Scenario SSR SP2 Wind Force

Does "at the start of a Game Turn" mean at the start of EACH Game Turn and that you only roll the Wind Change for possible Gusts? In other words, T1 - No Wind, T2 - Mild Breeze, T3 - No Wind, T4 - Mild Breeze, etc This makes Drifting Smoke really only affect Advancing Fire as it's placed at...
  7. johnl

Sparrow Force J228 Flying Samurai

Just finished J228 Flying Samurai. This is the first Sparrow Force scenario we have played using the full Sparrow Force map. We went to the end of Australian Turn 8 CCPh - shown. Result - tie in VP - Japanese win by rule. Rated Must Play on ROAR. Thank you Mr Rogers!
  8. johnl

Berserk Charge and Unknown Units

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but I can't see anything in the rules that tells me a berserker entering an Unknown enemy unit's hex will cause loss of enemy concealment even though A15.431 implies that it does. A12.15 specifically excludes berserkers and the concealment loss table says a...
  9. johnl

Cavalry FPF

Per A13.351 If the Cavalry unit fires into its hex in the AFPh is the FP halved once as FPF or halved and halved as FPF+AFPh fire? We played it as only halved once.
  10. johnl

Melee with Broken MMC & GO (pinned) SMC

We had a little trouble figuring this one out. See pic. The Japanese is the ATTACKER Does the pinned 8-0 provide +1 cover to the WD MMC as a "Covering unit"? If no because of pinned status would it provide cover if unpinned? Would the SMC provide cover if it decided to fight alone? If the...
  11. johnl

Play Aids Divider?

It seems that I once saw a play aid sheet or divider where you could track turn phases, weather, maybe PF usage and VP, etc. It's not in my big ASLRB. Did this (if it exists) come in a module or Action Pack?
  12. johnl

Board 52 Glitch

When board 52 is converted to PTO (light jungle) the road that normally goes through V5 is not converted to a path. Hex V5 is a brush-road hex originally. G.1 specifies that all brush-roads are paths in PTO. No biggie as we are using a path draggable overlay.
  13. johnl

A5.5, B8.6, B8.61 Tunnel Stacking Limits

A. One location, allowing up to 3 SE in the tunnel. ....Perry MMP
  14. johnl

2-way Tunnel Movement

Can units of the same side enter a Tunnel from each end in the same MPh and exit from the opposite ends in the same APh as long as they don't exceed the Tunnel stacking limit specified in A5.6? Yes. ....Perry MMP
  15. johnl

Tunnel Stacking Limits

The only reference to Tunnel stacking limits is in B8.61 "A tunnel may never be overstacked, and units in a tunnel may not portage more than their IPC nor push a Gun." This doesn't state what the stacking limit actually is (at least I can't find it). So, can a Tunnel contain units both coming...
  16. johnl

GT 'Haystack' Terrain

Is this terrain on the GT map (K5, L6) supposed to be Kunai? just Open Ground? something else?
  17. johnl

Japanese HS Transparency

Japanese HS can be both hidden and broken when in a Cave/Cave Complex. They're transparency makes both the good order and broken HS difficult to decipher. Also, it's not possible to hide DM counters. We're getting around this with labels so it's not urgent. Hidden GO HS Hidden/broken HS
  18. johnl

Broken Units in Cave Complexes

Per G11.77 a broken unit can rout to a Cave but can it continue into a Cave Complex? If not, is a Tunnel the only way a broken unit can enter a Cave Complex?
  19. johnl

Gavutu LOS (ASL149)

The Gavutu beach is defined as slightly sloped and Level -1 but with no Crest Line to the Hinterland. So are the plan tree tops on the beach at Level 0 allowing a LOS from J18 to the building in J15?
  20. johnl

Multiple Cause Bog

We are having a discussion as to whether this situation causes 1 or 2 Bog rolls: A tank moves into a hex containing both Debris and Wire. D8.2 EX describes a tank taking 2 bog checks for exiting a stream into Woods. However D8.21 referencing the bog table would seem to combine the wire and...