Search results

1. David Goldman

3 weeks to the March 11 start of the eASL OPEN

There is still plenty of time to register. The 2024 eASL OPEN will be 7 rounds two weeks each round. Attached are: A. Registration form B. Scenario List Rounds 6 & 7 each have one scenario from Twilight of the Reich. If the TotR maps and overlays are not available, there will be alternate...
  2. David Goldman

Return With Us To Those Glorius Days Of Yesteryear

From an on line inflation calculator: $100 in 1989. $248.26 in 2024 The math works out fairly close. Look at the ASL 1989 prices.
  3. David Goldman

German 88

In front of the Palm Springs Air Museum. A museum well worth visiting.
  4. David Goldman

TotR Boards/Overlays?

I know it is a lot of work, but I would like to include TotR and WO15 in the 2024 eASL OPEN which starts 3/11/2024. Any chance the boards and overlays will be on VASL by then?
  5. David Goldman

Last Of Merrill's Marauders

RIP: Russell Hamler, Last of World War II’s Merrill’s Marauders, Dies at 99
  6. David Goldman

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

Woo hoo! I'm pre-order #2
  7. David Goldman

2024 eASL OPEN Starts March 11, 2024

Thank you all for your comments and discussion.
  8. David Goldman

2024 eASL OPEN Starts March 11, 2024

The 2024 eASL OPEN will be 7 rounds two weeks each round. Attached are: A. Registration form B. Preliminary Scenario List C. Tournament Rules There is one TBA in each round. I reserve the right to substitute any scenario on the Preliminary List (although I doubt that more than one or two...
  9. David Goldman

Novice Tables At Tournaments?

In addition to all the previous comments which are sound observations, you will learn more and see the obvious and sometimes not apparent interactions of rules and tactics only by playing against a more experienced gamer. Don't fear being a newbie. I have yet to see a grognard who won't take...
  10. David Goldman

ASLOK XXXVII - Official TD AAR

"but...I wasn't that visionary." Bret, You are an ASL God. All seeing and all knowing requires a higher classification... :)
  11. David Goldman

MY 2023 ASLOK LIST

Ray, See you and all the ASLOK maniacs two weeks from tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
  12. David Goldman

For open gaming, how about Saturday, Oct 7? Something fairly lengthy. Reply to private email...

For open gaming, how about Saturday, Oct 7? Something fairly lengthy. Reply to private email: frango1000@sbcglobal.net David Goldman
  13. David Goldman

MY 2023 ASLOK LIST

I'm getting to the point in my ASL career (and age, almost 74) where I will leave it to others to compete in the minis (and the Grofaz). I intend to attend and look for a week of friendly ASL games. To that end attached is a list of scenarios I will be happy to play. I would suggest that a...
  14. David Goldman

Room Share At ASLOK

Have a room mate now so if you are still looking search elsewhere.
  15. David Goldman

Room Share At ASLOK

I have already booked a room. Arrival Monday, October 2, checkout Sunday, October 8. If you want to share the room, private email me at: frango1000@sbcglobal.net
  16. David Goldman

If You Are Ever In South West Pennsylvania

9 More Pictures
  17. David Goldman

If You Are Ever In South West Pennsylvania

There is a terrific little WWII display in Connellsville, Pennsylvania. That town was an important railroad stop for troop trains who got off while the train was refueled and watered. The troops were fed at the canteen run by the volunteer women from the surrounding area. Fayette County...
  18. David Goldman

MMP Journal 14 - Pre-Order is UP!

My Journal 14 arrived today, hooray more ASL crack!
  19. David Goldman

Final Results 2023 eASL OPEN

Congratulations to all who participated in this year’s eASL OPEN. 1st Place Steve Pleva 2nd Place Rob Wirthlin 3rd Place Jonas Bjorkqvist The tie breakers for 4th place were: 4th Place Rich Domovic 243 points 5th Place Juan Santacruz 241 points 6th Place...
  20. David Goldman

Final Results 2023 eASL OPEN

Congratulations to all who participated in this year’s eASL OPEN. 1st Place Steve Pleva 2nd Place Rob Wirthlin 3rd Place Jonas Bjorkqvist The tie breakers for 4th place were: 4th Place Rich Domovic 243 points 5th Place Juan Santacruz 241 points 6th Place Paul...