Search results

1. W

Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

I use PDF Expert on iPad, and it does all those things.
  2. W

We'll definitely call out major content updates. Almost all the corrections, so far, have been minor typos. The next version fixes the instances where parentheses or brackets around hyperlinked rules references inadvertently picked up the red color, and updates the advice for those who'd prefer...
  3. W

The Mac's built-in "Preview" app doesn't handle PDFs very well. I recommend downloading a dedicated reader, like Acrobat or Foxit (both are free). BTW, all the chapter dividers appear a second time in the eASLRB as Appendix 7, and there, the "horizontal" pages are pre-rotated.
  4. W

Sadly, that's unavoidable. Almost all the graphics in the ASLRB are bitmaps, not vectors, so they'll never scale perfectly. Still. most of the graphics in eASLRB look pretty decent scaled up as high as 400%.
  5. W

I wrote some code today that I believe fixed this. Stay tuned.
  6. W

eRulebook, Pocket Chapter H and errata update (for those not on FB)

As Scott notes, the eRB text scales well; I find it perfectly readable on an iPhone. The pocket Chapter H (and the eRB) will now have errata incorporated, as well.
  7. W

Journals Now Available as PDFs

We can't change the watermark placement, but if there's a case where it's completely obscuring critical text, I may be able to shift something around on the scenario card a bit.
  8. W

Myself or anyone from MMP, particularly Scott Blanton.
  9. W

Ugh. Let us know if there are any scenarios that are particularly hard to read, and we'll see if we can do something about it.
  10. W

ASL Annuals in PDF format

There are a lot of PDF readers out there, some more sophisticated than others. If you're struggling with the file, try downloading Adobe's official Acrobat Reader (it's free). There is no password on the file; the file is just confusing that particular reader.
  11. W

Twenty seven of the scenarios in Journals #1-10 were later updated and included with other ASL products. There are 144 scenarios in the collection that aren't available anywhere else. Official errata was incorporated into all the scenarios in the electronic Journals. Updated Scenarios (new...
  12. W

Opportunity Fire - when to use?

<I>I'm not a big fan of searching. It is usually easier to simply move into the hext to try to strip concealment. It is necessary sometimes to search (PTO comes to mind), but when I do it it is the automatic loss of a HS, or I roll 6 and nothing happens.</I> Fair enough--though...
  13. W

Opportunity Fire - when to use?

Opportunity Fire can be very effective when used in conjunction with the rules for Searching. Basically: You're on the offensive. Your kill stack is staring at a concealed enemy stack. You declare Opportunity Fire with your kill stack and then move a convenient HS up adjacent to the enemy: 1)...
  14. W

Which direction for publishers

First, I don't see evidence that ASL is dying. ASL could very well be the "healthiest" wargame around. I can't think of any other board wargame that has as many tournaments, clubs, or such a large third party industry. That may be, but "healthiest" isn't necessarily healthy. As I understand it...
  15. W

Which direction for publishers

I agree that ASL is slowly dying, largely because of the grognard mentality that's overrun the product line. This isn't MMP's fault--it started years before AH gave up the ghost. While I still love it, I have to admit that the game has become unwieldy and teaching a newcomer how to play is an...