Search results

1. dieneuner25

Default for FRU/FRD?

Thanks, Gentlemen! You all made good points especially about the road movement rate. I'll suggest to my regular VASL opponent that we drop our "house rule" (per A6.1/D2.3) and keep the fraction!
  2. dieneuner25

Default for FRU/FRD?

Has anyone seen errata (or a clarification) from MMP that sets the default for rounding when units enter "having expended half of their inherent MF/MP" and the setup instructions for SSR do NOT specify FRU or FRU? Case in point is J85. Some like G29/192 specify FRU, but I've encountered this...
  3. dieneuner25

Contested Lands (1948 Arab Israeli) module

I was surprised MMP decided to take ASL into the Arab-Israeli conflict because it offers little if anything new for the system. (The same argument can made against KTFW, I realize.) But defining "new" is tough. Other than terrain, HASL modules don't offer anything new. That made me ponder the...
  4. dieneuner25

Drop Zone: Sainte-Mère-Église

Wayne is correct. Excellent research since 1986 (when ASL 17 was published) answered most questions about the use of captured French tanks in Normandy, but as the link he provided explains, some remain. The identity of the AFVs supporting Ost-bataillon 795 is a thornier problem (and mixed in the...
  5. dieneuner25

The reply, "The maps don't go as far as la Fiere...that map/module will be after the Chef du Pont map/module" promises two follow-up modules, so I'll have to wait a while to see how the scenario designers addressed the OoB of Panzer-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs-Abteilung 100. First we'll see how they...
  6. dieneuner25

I hate to admit it, but I'm reading the rest of this thread just for the cow jokes. Some were very clever! Did MMP say follow-up module or modules? (More is better...)
  7. dieneuner25

Would You Buy New Deluxe Boards?

I looked here hoping to find reactions to the new DASL boards in WO 18. Was this conversation continued in another thread?
  8. dieneuner25

Journal One - J9 scenario errata?

I can't find any official errata for J9 (reprinted as 147 in Rising Sun, which I don't yet own), but the scenario card says "Only hexrows P-GG are playable" yet the red shaded area shown on the map diagram is clearly covers more than 17.5 hexrows AND the map image posted in the Scenario Archive...