Search results

1. xenovin

FrF78 VC question

The VC reads: "The German win at game end if they Control Hex FrfAJ5 and/or 62Y2". My opponent and I playing this at Winter Offensive had a question on the ambiguous "and/or" and played it as "and" but wondering what others think. Why would this confusing requirement even be in it? If or...
  2. xenovin

WO 2020 begins

The riffraff have snuck in and started rolling dice
  3. xenovin

AP 100 Coal in Their Stocking

John and I played AP100 Coal in your Stocking with a radom dr giving me the German defenders. The VC provide an interesting challenge for both sides as the US gains 2 VC per turn per each of the five stone building hexes on the board and the Germans gain 3 VC for each stone building at the end...
  4. xenovin

any How to Make VASL Counters tutorials out there?

Working on a project and need to make infantry counters. I know blank ones exist so wondering how do you edit them to include the attributes. I also want to use existing tanks and guns and maybe change the base colors and make a few new ones. any help appreciated. Thanks.
  5. xenovin

embryonic PTO ASL rules 1989

Got this from the estate of Fish Conner as one of the play testers. I found this very interesting but it could just be my historian background kicking in seeing what was proposed and what was finally developed years later. Who wants their war dogs?!
  6. xenovin

Boards 10a/b & 11a/b?

OK, packing away Action Pack 14 with its Board 12 a/b and was wondering what happened to Boards 10a & 11a. After looking around for stuff I thought I hadn't entered into the collection I'm guessing these haven't been released yet! If I'm wrong, please let me know.
  7. xenovin

ASLOK 2019 photos

Thursday morning start of the minis
  8. xenovin

Red October Campaign Game II

For those not on Facebook, Dade Cariaga argued that the Russian player has no chance and will lose by the end of Day 2. for details on his argument, see his blog post here: https://dadecariaga.blogspot.com/2019/09/asl-rocgii-hopeless-case.html He challenged anyone to make a case for the...
  9. xenovin

Hundsdorfer's Klementi Voroshilov blog is back

Tim has his blog back with a bunch of new scenarios, interesting background histories, and ASL analysis. Check it out here: https://klementivoroshiilov.blogspot.com/
  10. xenovin

2003 GS ASL article contest

Sorry for the necro, but I just found this thread and wondering if these articles were ever published anyplace? http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/2003-asl-article-contest-winners-announced.9785/
  11. xenovin

ASL 215 Red Devils: Can the US win?

Played this one last weekend as the Communist Chinese and not sure how the US can hold out past Turn 4 never mind win this scenario. The US has six fixed unlimbered 155 SPA guns across two boards, a somewhat strong headquarters unit that has to set up within three hexes of 44M6, and a perimeter...
  12. xenovin

Desperation Morale website down.....but for how long?

down at the moment so hopefully just a temporary thing.
  13. xenovin

New Geo map at next ASLOK

Posted on the Facebook by Shelling. Too bad GS seems to be going the way of the ASLML as much more seems to be posted to social media sites. Anyway, looks pretty funky!
  14. xenovin

LSSAH 44 Shot and Roared Question

Do the Germans really move first? With a forward "defense", the SS jump, VB freeze, and mostly destroy the Canadians on Turn 1 before they can even unpack their DM equipment. The other option is having the Canadians set up along the northern edge followed by moving through HMG fire lanes...
  15. xenovin

T-34-57, ROF 0, 1, or 2?

Hive mind, I need to SSR a counter to represent the T-34 armed with a 57L gun (or 57LL?) in 1941 so I'm using a T-34 M41 (but they had radios as a bonus) and wondering if the higher rate of fire 57L would have a ROF of 0 (like most T-34s) or a 1 (or 2?) with the higher rate of fire? These were...
  16. xenovin

Any interest in a Starter Kit scenario design contest?

Not sure if there is any interest in doing this or not. suggest only using the components of Starter Kit #3 so that either SK1, SK2 or SK3 type scenarios can be developed. based on the boards and counters, a rural 1944-45 time period seems appropriate. I know the SK St. Goar Assault contest...
  17. xenovin

When you just can't find that perfect board

This was in one of the old Aussie scenario packs
  18. xenovin

Free Starter Kit 1 level scenario

I put this up on Facebook but if you are not on it, here you go. You can have two players for the Germans so a 3-player type scenario. Enjoy!
  19. xenovin

What ever happened to Kevin Kenneally?

He had 10,000 posts and now never seen again. The last I heard from him he was moving on from his consulting job but saw he’s been at some of the Texas ASL events. Did he retire into the internet free zone?
  20. xenovin

Wild Bill Wilder/First to Fight’s: Fighting for the Freedoms: Operation Enduring Freedom #2

This is a review of Wild Bill Wilder and First to Fight’s “Fighting for the Freedoms: Operation Enduring Freedom #2 (or EF2). EF2 should really be called the battle against Isis. The pack comes with nine pages of rules (more like guidelines, Rrrrr) covering medics (pseudo US commissar...