Search results

1. Sven

A10.51 Direction

Hello, In a recent game, my opponent said that the Exception in the last paragraph of A10.51 allowed him to rout a broken unit into open ground out of a single-hex building. I said that it does not--the exception only permits routing out of a building hex into an open ground hex if the next...
  2. Sven

AFV Platoon Movement and Infantry Armored Assault (D14.333)

Game underway now; sorry if this thread exists elsewhere. Question: Armored Assault by Infantry and AFV Platoon Movement can be done together. The question is can two separate stacks of normal, Good Order infantry (i.e. not human waving, etc.) move simultaneously with the two AFV's using...
  3. Sven

VASL RO/RB map versions

Sorry if this has been asked/answered elsewhere: Are the most recent versions of the RO and RB VASL maps the ones with the "v651" at the end? Thanks! --Sven
  4. Sven

TAP 1 Balkan Suicide OB question (A25.11)

Getting ready to try Total Axis Pack #1 Balkan Suicide this weekend. I am the German defenders, and a question came up about their OB: True or False: All the German units in the OB are Wehrmacht, except for the (8) 4-6-8 squads, which are specified as SS due to SSR 3. I think that this is...
  5. Sven

B23.41 AFV in Building

Setting up for a tournament scenario, and I had a question--which I'm 99% confident I know the answer to already, but it doesn't hurt to check.... True or False: An OT AFV (in this case a Carrier) may not enter a building (per B23.41), but it may set up in one (assuming no contrary SSR's...
  6. Sven

A2.5 Entry: Is the Force with me...?

2.5 ENTRY: All forces scheduled to arrive on a certain turn must enter the mapboard on that turn—although if capable of movement in the APh, entry may be delayed until then. Getting ready to play FrF 77 Ghostbusters, and I have a question: The initial German OB consists of 8 Squads, and 8...
  7. Sven

HS Firing SW (A7.352 and 3)

For some reason I'm having a brain fart on this one: A half-squad with an LMG fires the LMG (only) in defensive first fire at a non-adjacent enemy unit, and retains rate of fire with the LMG (so no first fire marker is placed). Can the half-squad then switch and fire its inherent FP (only) in...
  8. Sven

A12.2

Some disagreement in our current game (underway now) about this sentence in A12.2 "A concealed vehicle in the LOS of a Good Order enemy ground unit (regardless of range) loses its concealment if hit on a To Hit Table, or by at least a “PTC” result vs its vulnerable PRC...." True or False: A...
  9. Sven

VASL scrolling problem?

I am running VASSAL 3.6.2 and VASL 6.6.3.1. Since installing the latest version of VASL, I have encountered an occasional problem with it scrolling up or down. With no warning and no keyboard input, the screen will suddenly scroll all the way to the top of the map, or all the way to the...
  10. Sven

CH Stonne Map: Water Tower Question

In the Stonne pack (2nd ed), it states the following about the water tower hex (F13): "The water tower has a Rooftop Location (B23.8) and a normal stacking limit (A5.1) of one squad/equivalent." Does this mean that the Rooftop Location has a stacking limit of one squad/equivalent? Or does it...
  11. Sven

A9.21 Field of Fire (MG CA question)

"9.21 FIELD OF FIRE: Normally, a SW may fire in any direction with no detriment due to the facing of the counter. However, if a SW MMG/HMG in a woods/rubble/building hex fires and is entitled to another shot, it may continue to fire during that phase only inside the CA of the prior shot.... If...
  12. Sven

Chapter H British 2-inch mortar carrier Question

Can the British 2-inch mortar carrier fire its mortar loaded onboard, or does it need to be unloaded before it can fire? Here's part of the note (66 in Ch H): † The mortar may be Removed dm.... While Removed, its ROF and all other specifications conform to that of the 2-in. mortar counter with...
  13. Sven

Finnish Scenario List

Howdy Folks! I had a couple of questions about ASL Finn scenarios: 1. Is there some way to get a current list of all ASL scenarios (official and TPP) that involve the Finns? 2. What is the current status of the HP project? (sorry if I missed any recent posts on this). Thanks very much...
  14. Sven

P2.3 Slopes and D9.4 Vehicle Hindrances

Greetings! This question came up over the weekend while playing BtB7 "Blood on Hill 192": An offboard observer at Level 2 is correcting an SSR/FFE into a Level 2 hill hex Location. The Level 2 hill hex Location is on an up-slope, and the LOS from the observer to the hex crosses the up-slope...