Search results

1. ScottRomanowski

Save map ... menu selection not working

I'm using VASSAL 3.7.8 and VASL 6.6.7. When I select the "Save map as PNG image" or "Save map contents as plain text file" from the map window pull-down menu, nothing happens. This is happening on both my desktop and laptop. I haven't added any new extensions since they were last working. Is...
  2. ScottRomanowski

Trailbreak and Immobile / Immobilized

I asked Perry answered
  3. ScottRomanowski

ATT through Pillbox CA

Posted for Robert Hammond: My Sherman fires HE using the ATT vs a German squad in a 1+3+5 pillbox through the pillbox’s CA. I am referencing rules B30.112-.113. QUESTION: If the MA of the Sherman secures a hit using Area Fire through the CA, does the +3 CA or +5 NCA TEM apply to the IFT DR...
  4. ScottRomanowski

eASLRB v2.07 released

I just got the email from Wargame Vault. Go download!
  5. ScottRomanowski

MOL and PTO

Posted on behalf of Robert Hammond: Q. Pursuant to rule A22.611, first sentence, a MOL ". . . attack is not [allowed] through an orchard or a woods hexside. . .". In PTO, "woods" become Inherent Terrain Dense Jungle hex [EXC: possible not with Light Jungle]. It is possible to have a Palm Tree...
  6. ScottRomanowski

Starter Kit Expansion Pack #3 counter errata

I asked and Perry answered "It doesn’t matter in SK."
  7. ScottRomanowski

Changing VCA on a woods-road (revision to previous Q&A)

Posted for Robert Hammond: There is a PerrySez on B13.41 & D2.11 (see Klas's compilation v30) Robert wrote: "I read Jim Bishops' article on vehicles in woods (dtd 9 March 2022). I was troubled by his answer for an AFV on a woods-road changing its VCA. "Jim stated the AFV would pay 2 MP for...
  8. ScottRomanowski

Human Wave Question

Posted for Robert Hammond: My Russian opponent has declared a HW. He has moved via Impulse Movement his HW Units and expended 7 MF. He then moves his HW Units and expends their 8th MF to enter an Open Ground hex. I then declare a D1F on a 4-4-7 squad as it expends its 8th MF. The IFT attack...
  9. ScottRomanowski

Extreme Winter (E3.741) and Finnish-colored, Russian-made SW

Posted for Robert Hammond: Pursuant to rule E3.741, "The B#/X# of all weapons [EXC: DC] decrease by the following amounts (A.11 applies) during Extreme Winter: Pre-April, 1941 Russians: 1” QUESTION: When a Finnish unit is using a Finnish-colored, Russian-made MG in Extreme Winter, does rule...
  10. ScottRomanowski

Claiming WA in the MPh without moving

Three rule portions to point out: First, rule B9.322, fourth sentence, "Claiming WA is voluntary . . ., and can be done by a unit at five times: during its . . . MPh/APh (either as part of, or before/after MF/MP expenditures) . . .".; Second, rule B9.322, sixth sentence, "Claiming/forfeiting WA...
  11. ScottRomanowski

Boats + Searchlights

Another posted for Robert Hammond: Rule E5.123, first sentence states Passengers in a boat may be placed in the Cloaking Box. Rule W10.24, first sentence states all Cloaking counters in an Illuminated Location in the target hex are replaced with their contents. QUESTION #1: Are Passengers in...
  12. ScottRomanowski

Marsh + Flooded River + Ground Snow

Posted for Robert Hammond: A marsh hex adjacent to a SSR designated non-frozen flooded river hex and Ground Snow is present, does the marsh become a flooded river hex or an Open Ground hex? A. The Marsh becomes River which becomes Ice because of the Ground Snow.
  13. ScottRomanowski

MOL Attack - Defensive First Fire + Final Fire

Posted for Robert Hammond: Three questions about MOL. The Finns have MOL Capability (A22.6). There is a Finnish 1st Line 5-4-8 squad ADJACENT to a Finnish 2nd Line 4-4-7 squad. Both Finnish squads are in Good Order, not Pinned, not CX, and in brush. A Russian 4-4-7 squad non-assault moves...
  14. ScottRomanowski

Trench Movement Uphill in (Deep) Snow

More Q&A from Robert Hammond: There is a Trench at a level one Open Ground hex and a Trench at a level two Open Ground hex. Both Trenches are ADJACENT and connect to each other. QUESTION #1: If an Infantry squad is IN the level one Trench, moves from the level one Trench to the level two...
  15. ScottRomanowski

112 Out of Cowardice

Posted for Robert Hammond: In SSR 2, second sentence, it states, "A Mechanical Reliability DR is also required by a Motion vehicle at the beginning of its MPh. . . ". The way this is written, this would apply to the four Hungarian vehicles on Hungarian Turn 1 while these four vehicles are all...
  16. ScottRomanowski

Cowering and ROF

I'm trying to find the rules in ASLSK#1 that match full ASL's. If a unit with a MG Prep Fires and rolls a 1,1, it cowers and is marked with a Prep Fire counter. But it also kept ROF and I can't find anything in the ASLSK#1 rules that says the MG can't be used again! Where is the ASLSK rule that...
  17. ScottRomanowski

Random arrival probabilities FYI

I don't know if anyone has done this before. I expect someone has because it's so simple. Many scenarios have reinforcements that arrive on a dr ≤ the Turn number. If they arrive on a dr < the Turn number, simply add one to the turns below. When are they expected to arrive? Over a large number...
  18. ScottRomanowski

G2.22 and Brush

A PFZ factor is used to convert a jungle hex to a PFZ Vineyard hex (B36.21). A vineyard hex is treated exactly the same as brush (B12.7). G2.22 specifies an interior dense jungle hex is one surrounded by "six other woods/brush/marsh hexes". Q. Does the PFZ vineyard "brush" hex (or brush hexes...
  19. ScottRomanowski

Advancing beneath an entrenchment after HIP ambush

Another from Robert Hammond, with (what we hope) is an explanation for Perry's short answer. A Good Order American squad during its MPh enters a Kunai Location that contains a HIP Japanese 1st Line squad IN a Trench. The American squad was CX at the start of its MPh and spent MF points 3 and 4...
  20. ScottRomanowski

Dense Jungle hexside vs PFZ Vineyard Counter

From Robert Hammond: QUESTION #1: Is placement of shellholes in woods / jungle considered to be Terrain Altering? QUESTION #2: Does shellhole placement in woods / jungle also remove the woods / jungle along all woods / jungle hexsides of that hex? QUESTION #3: Is placement of a PFZ Vineyard...