Search results

1. esparver73

Ersatz VASLeague 2022

Played "ROMA2 Second hand news" with Björn Lorenzen and had a great time playing with him and also having a nice warm chat. The scenario is quite good, with many open options for both players, with the Germans having to exit units to score and the allies having to kill to score, so both sides...
  2. esparver73

Red October CG Victory Conditions

And O9.1 says that Storage Tanks are not a building for any purpose, so they can't count as generic building locations. O9.3 says that Gutted Storage Tanks are exactly like Storage Tanks except their height is 1 instead of 1.5 and their TEM is +3 instead of +1, and is not reduced by...
  3. esparver73

Red October isolated area

Mind you, all the "right side" is the Russian side and the "left side" is the German side.
  4. esparver73

Red October isolated area

We've finished a Red October campaign scenario and drawn its perimeter. The result is a large German isolated area of type C and I want to be sure it's well done. There are Russian units in EE5 and EE15 that draw the red perimeter to each other, and then on their way. No German unit or control...
  5. esparver73

That refers to Victory Conditions Locations, which are used to determine the day's winner. I mean Strategic Locations, which are used to draw the perimeter. The problem is that Gutted Storage Tank Locations are listed as Victory Conditions Locations but not as Strategic Locations.
  6. esparver73

Shouldn't Gutted Storage Tank Locations also be Strategic Locations? If they aren't, then they can't be used to mark the Perimeter (O11.6052), but they must be controlled to count for victory points, so it's a little confusing, the Russian sector in that zone has no other Strategic Locations...
  7. esparver73

Victory condition building turned into rubble

No problem with the enemy denyinga building. The problem is if you deny them yourself unwillingly and make impossible your own victory conditions.
  8. esparver73

If the victory conditions are based on capturing locations instead of hexes or whole buildings, it should also be taken into account the possibility of reducing three building locations into a single rubble location, due to a high-caliber gun or a DC.
  9. esparver73

Irrigation ditches kindling/spread numbers

Ok thanks, did not find it.
  10. esparver73

Irrigation ditches kindling/spread numbers

Rule Q1.8 (from Pegasus Brideg) says that The Kindling/Spread numbers of other terrain in an Irrigation Ditch hex are reduced by two. Is that correct? Woudn't those numbers be increased by two instead of reduced, to represent terrain soaked with water? I can't see why being in an irrigated hex...
  11. esparver73

Ok, that's what I was thinking. There's nothing in the rules to prevent it so if the SSR don't take it into account it could be sleazed. Not that it's straightforward, but sometimes things happen.
  12. esparver73

If a scenario does not specify that victory building locations turned into rubble during the game still count as victory locations, how is that usually handled?
  13. esparver73

LOS from rooftop over a factory

Ok, I was reading too much into it. In the P2.3 example there is a LOS from Level 3+3/4 over an obstacle height of 3+1/2, so clearly half a level is enough. Thanks.
  14. esparver73

Maybe it wasn't a factory then... There was a situation with only half height above the obstacle and I wasn't sure if there was LOS, if a full height was needed. Is there a rules reference?
  15. esparver73

Does a unit in a 2.5 height rooftop have LOS over a 2 height factory?
  16. esparver73

Does level 1 bocage block LOS from a hill?

Bocage is a height 1 obstacle in an hexside. Does it block LOS from level 1 hills as any height 1 in-hex obstacle would do? I know that from an upper level there would be a blind hex in the next hex, but not sure how to handle LOS from level 1. Also, if the bocage hexside (in level 0, height 1)...
  17. esparver73

AFV fire with Riders

That’s what I was looking for. The general rules allow it but some specific vehicles do not. Thanks.
  18. esparver73

AFV in Fortified building and in Factory

Can an AFV enter a Fortified building, does it ignore the fortification? Also, is it different in a Fortified Factory hex? What if it has a friendly entrance?
  19. esparver73

AFV fire with Riders

If an AFV with Riders fires its MA without turning the TCA, do they Bail Out or anything?
  20. esparver73

Can a DC detonation affect friendly units?

I've always played that all the friendly units in the firer location are attacked by a thrown DC, as usually the target location contains only enemy units, but I've realized that friendly units in the target location would not be attacked by a thrown DC, even though the wording on A23.6 is the...