Search results

1. chief2000

elevations - lighter to darker

Maybe my eyes are starting to get buggy with age but is the general rule that the lighter the color on the map, the lower the elevation? I.e. lightest green level 0, a shade darker, level 1, etc. (unless defined by the module or the SSR? I know this is basic, but I am trying to figure out...
  2. chief2000

winter maps for Kampfgruppe Peiper modules?

Has anyone designed winter maps for these modules? I know that the regular boards can be winterized in VASL but what about these?
  3. chief2000

Ideas from The Last Hundred Yards

Having purchased and played LHY, I was just wondering if anyone thought that the initiative and coordination rules might be suitable for adapting to ASL. Seems to me an easy add-on without ruining the elegance and realism of the system. Comments, anyone?
  4. chief2000

Purchase advice - Red Factories

On Ebay, the maps, scenarios, chapter O, scenarios and overlays are all available separately for purchase. I already have RB so apart from the maps, what would be the most important first purchase? Can't buy it all at once. Can I get along better for now without the addition to chapter O or...
  5. chief2000

We mourn the loss of Christopher Dean

Christopher Dean, owner of NWS wargaming store just passed away December 1st. We will miss him. A real gentleman, he had a online store which offered the best prices I have seen for lots of ASL products as well as all kinds of other war games. He lost his wife of thirty years and his father...
  6. chief2000

Fox Strikes Back or El Alamein (second edition of Ruweisat Ridge)?

If you had the chance to buy either which would you choose? Fox Strikes Back has the extended map but is more expensive. Plus, the only Italians I have are from the newest SKs and expansions. Are there enough? Thanks! Chris
  7. chief2000

counters from TV series "Combat!"

Hi all! Been binge watching my "Combat!" DvDs and it got me wondering whether anyone has created leader/hero counters representing the squad? I know someone has created them for GMT's Combat Commander.
  8. chief2000

Changing TCA and Defensive First Fire

As a newbie in the wonderful world of armor, I have a question about TCA. During an attacker's movement phase, suppose all I do is change my TCA so I'd be able to fire during the AFPh. Does this change of TCA trigger defensive first fire even if all I am doing is changing my TCA? I know, for...
  9. chief2000

PL campaign question

Got another campaign question that doesn't seem to be answered by PL or the Gembloux module. This is my first campaign game ever and I am assuming that the initial orders of battle have to be purchased - they are not free. Am I right?
  10. chief2000

Gembloux question

Hi all! I'm looking at the campaign rules and cannot figure out what is meant by "Attack Option." I've searched in vain for an explanation. I'm sure I am not seeing it. Thanks all!
  11. chief2000

Special Forces I additional scenarios?

Hi all! Before I purchase this module, are there any other scenarios published that use these beautiful counters?
  12. chief2000

KGP scenarios

Anyone have any extra copies of these from KGP and KGPII? I have all the maps, chapter, campaign rules but no scenario cards. Thanks all!
  13. chief2000

A German forces version of "Tommy Atkins revisited"

Is there a discussion of German forces training, equipment, etc. similar to the superb "Tommy Atkins revisited" article?
  14. chief2000

Grain Elevator map from VFTT site

Hi all! Beyond the 1997 special edition, does anyone know if there have been scenarios developed to use this beautiful map. Pete Phillipps did not know whether any had. Thanks!
  15. chief2000

purchase suggestions

Well, I have some discretionary cash and I want to probe the mind of your more experienced players. What is, in your point of view (and I know they will vary!) indispensible for the ASL player? I already have the following Pocket ruleboo, LFT rat pocket charts, BV, Yanks, CoB, Gung Ho, WoA...
  16. chief2000

pocket edition vs. big book

Hi all! I have the old ASL rulebook, some updated pages, the pocket edition, and the LFT rat pocket charts (2nd edition). I have been mulling over just getting the current binder edition of the rule book. Since I have the pocket edition and the charts, would it be a worthy investment?
  17. chief2000

Looking for opponent

Hi! There doesn't seem to be any players in the Melbourne, Florida area. If there is anyone, I'm looking for one - experienced or noobie.