Search results

1. "Hawk" Marklund

Big MMP Announcement from Brian

Seems that there's one more letter added every month to that module! "Hakka pälle" is the correct way to spell it (I hope!) :halo: Here's a translation from a text on Gustaf II Adolf and the Polish War - and more specifically the battle of Wallhof 1626: The dragoons were mainly finnish...
  2. "Hawk" Marklund

Poll: what will happen first?

Ah, but the interesting question is at the other end of the timeline: Which event will happen last... :devious: OK, to answer the question, ASLRB2 will/should/must be the thing to happen first. After that, things are too close to call... :D - H
  3. "Hawk" Marklund

sowchos 79

According to that article in VFTT I mentioned, it has been submitted to MMP for playtetst. Not sure if they need volunteers to playtetst it? Anyway, it would suggest that there is no conversion to ASL available at the moment. - H
  4. "Hawk" Marklund

sowchos 79

I know there is (or used to be) a pdf on the web somewhere. Googled for it and came up with some interesting links: Hunter Johnson has a list of online scenarios http://www.hunterandlori.com/ASLOnlineScenarios.html The ASL WebDex comes up with a bunch of scenarios as well...
  5. "Hawk" Marklund

ASL Scenario Hall of Fame

See it as one more year to get the popular support needed... :laugh: - H
  6. "Hawk" Marklund

Unfortunately it has to be a scenario from 2001 or earlier to qualify... :OHNO: -H (Schwerpunkt #8 with Husum Hotfoot is from 2002)
  7. "Hawk" Marklund

Playing it now, as a matter of fact! Not for the first time, I might add. Might be a bit difficult for the russians but I don't mind putting it on the list... :smoke: - H
  8. "Hawk" Marklund

The Commissars House (4) Zon with the Wind (A32) Tettau's Attack (A33) Timoshenko's Attack (G1) A Meeting of Patrols (A29) Stryker's Charge (SP51) The Mius Trap (SP79) I'm looking for a number of things when I put a scenario on my "want to play" list. Fast paced, opportunities for both...
  9. "Hawk" Marklund

Best J5 scenario?

Ah! But he never said he was the spelling police! :devious: :smoke: - H
  10. "Hawk" Marklund

Corner clipping - why?

I remember reading about someone who had set up some sort of frame where he could cut more than one counter at a time. This was years ago, so I'm not sure where I saw that. Could have been on the ASLML, Crossroads, SoCal ASL... Obviously this would be a lot of work anyway, but you would get a...
  11. "Hawk" Marklund

Corner clipping - why?

As others have mentioned, there are a number of benefits but also a bit of work involved - as with most things in life. ;) If you think that the gains are marginal or the work is hard, I guess you shouldn't be clipping those counters... Your gear, you choose! I'm in the pro-CC camp but not a...
  12. "Hawk" Marklund

Anything besides ASL?

Hmmmm... Let's say I play ASL and GMT and some other system(s)? :D :devious: OK, so lately it's been a combination of ASL and Dungeons & Dragons. Used to play games from GMT, GDW as well as AH/VG. :confused: :( Oh well - I guess ASL + other is what I should pick! :cool: - H
  13. "Hawk" Marklund

CyberASL Open VI thread

Me too... :o OTOH, this means that there are lots of games where people now have the chance to play that monster scenario :D (*If* they get started immediately...) - H
  14. "Hawk" Marklund

CyberASL Open VI Signups

Why change a strategy for succes? With a little bit of luck you'll end upp meeting yourself along the way... ;) (OK, obviously the worst case scenario would be having three times as many games to play, but surely that is a small price to pay for better odds of winning the tournament!?) :D
  15. "Hawk" Marklund

CyberASL Open VI Signups

OK, sign me up... - H
  16. "Hawk" Marklund

ASL Realistic simulation?

I'd say that both the experienced player and the newbie can learn ASL that way. Having to look at rules you thought you knew, only to find out that you might have been playing them slightly wrong... - H
  17. "Hawk" Marklund

Why are all the 6+1 leaders colonels?

You *do* know that reality arguments are dangerous, right? The system needed people who were leaders but weren't very good at directing fire but could deploy troops, avoid cowering, and things like that... So you still want reality arguments?! "Why colonels and other high ranking officers...