Search results

1. M

Axis opponent sought for EA

I'm posting here and at Matrix. First reply to either thread gets the game. Disclaimer: I've never won as the Allies. :) But I've not played any of the recent versions. Hell, I'm not even sure I've played it since T3 came out.
  2. M

Baltic Supply

Playing a solo game of EA (latest version) and the Soviets have decided not to take the Baltic States hoping to appease the west. Well, it turns out the exclusion zone is keeping supply from reaching the entire Baltic region. Seeing as how we have extra supply points now, why not add one to...
  3. M

PO Campaigns #1: CFNA #2

PO Campaigns #1: Campaign for North Africa #2 (O'Connor's Raid) Part 1: From O'Connor to Mersa Brega Turns 1-26 Menschenfresser: Axis TOAW3 Programmed Opponent (AKA Sir Elmer): Commonwealth Scope of the PO Campaign Series: All of us have our opinions of TOAW's PO. Some say it has...
  4. M

The Great War Multiplayer News Ticker

August 5, 1914 -No less than ten German divisions cross the Belgian & Luxembourg borders. The Belgian forts at Liege & Namur come under heavy bombardment by German artillery but have not fallen. -Austro-Huganrian XVI & VIII Korps attack toward Cetinje, Montenegro. -A-H divisions move...
  5. M

Post-Russia

Is there much of a point playing EA beyond the death of Russia? Does the US/UK get a significant boost? Or some other surprise? Has anyone tried? Just wondering...
  6. M

Fire in the East 4.1 - Solitaire

INTRO I've had this running for several months now, playing when I'm waiting on other turns to come in. Essentially, it's me against myself and to keep going with this I've decided to post occasionally my progress in hopes it will keep me going. I've always wanted to play this scenario, but...
  7. M

Braunschweig AAR (Foggy & Mensch)

Below is a link to a rather lengthy aar for Braunschweig. Foggy and I completed this game some time ago, but the AAR was written during game play after each turn. I played the Soviets and Foggy the Germans. [Foggy feel free to add any comments below]. This is a rather detailed aar. While I...
  8. M

Guerilla Reconstitution

Manual says that units with the Special Forces typology don't reconstitute. My question is, do units with the guerilla typology reconsitutute if left set to default? I know you can set units not to reconstitute manually.
  9. M

DnO Multiplayer AAR

====================================== Players: AGN - Xandamere (T 1-5) Plutonico (T 7- ) AGC(a) - Tigersqn AGB(b) - Screamer (Turns 1-2); Becker (Turns 3-4) Rasmus (T 6- ) AGS - Dicke Bertha Minors - Screamer (Turns 3+) Soviets - Foggy ======================================= Why...
  10. M

Distant Hexes??

From a search of the forums I see that LOK asked a similar question last year and never got an answer on the board. Is there someone out there who can enlighten me as to how exactly distant hexes work. I've noticed them in several scens (EA has one in africa). Do they effect all unit...
  11. M

Poland 1939 v1.22

Although I am not completely finished playing my first game of this scen, I couldn't wait to recommend it...especially since now we have a forum for just such things. This scenario attempts to model the German invasion of Poland in 1939, but there's an aspect of it that tickled my fancy...
  12. M

Fall Grau 1.16 [US side]

Fall Grau ...some deep thoughts... This is the US side of a match between Mantis and myself. His AAR is in a different thread. Though it isn't frugal of me, I decided to open my own thread. I did so mainly because this allows us both to go on at our own paces, preventing the inevitable case...
  13. M

HQ design questions

Command groups: I've read the section in the manual about command groups, but I'm shakey on where they fall in relation to organization and function. For instance, normally, I've seen command groups used only in the HQ unit of a formation. A example: 1st Div HQ -- 2 command groups *1st...
  14. M

Opart300 Questions

I have a couple questions concerning the Opart300 editor and editing in general. 1) What's the limit on number of units? Is there a limit per side, or is the limit a combination of both sides? 2) If there is a limit on units is it only concerning 'on map' units? (If someone could explain...
  15. M

Map Design Suggestions

Hi guys, I've read the few articles on map design that I can find. However, for two nights in a row, I started to design a map of finland....I've collected a lot of info, and even have a map nearly the same time period. But as I begin, I've run into problems. First, I am not sure of the...
  16. M

Soviet-Finnish War 1939 Scen

Heya, As a total newbie to scen design, but as someone who wants to try his hand at it, I'm considering doing the Soviet invasion of Finland in 1939. May only model part of it, if I feel I can at all. There must be other versions of this out there...so I am wondering. A) Can someone suggest...