Search results

1. M

New scenario posted in download section - The Battle of Waterloo

Very nice. Played through in one evening against myself. French moved quickly taking Papelotte, La Haye, Chateau Hougoument, and La Haye Sainte. The French left flank with the quick capture of the Chateau charged their cavalry, rolling back the Allies' screen. The French center battered over...
  2. M

Axis opponent sought for EA

I'm posting here and at Matrix. First reply to either thread gets the game. Disclaimer: I've never won as the Allies. :) But I've not played any of the recent versions. Hell, I'm not even sure I've played it since T3 came out.
  3. M

Ea 2012

Heh, EA has always been one big bug-as-feature extravaganza. I recall right before TOAW3, EA had been tweaked to where two medium skilled opponents could have a really good game. Here's to hoping Veers or, perhaps, a new generation of EA tinkerers will take up the gauntlet.
  4. M

Ea 2012

3.5, what's so screwed about 3.4?
  5. M

Ea 2012

Is the version in the first post the most recent version?
  6. M

West Front 44 v. 2.63 Heldenkaiser vs. Nemo

I've done the grunt work, but it was really a long list of people contributing ideas and inspiration to keep plugging away. On map issues: the basic map hasn't changed much from the original scenario. I've added some overlay, but haven't changed the fundamentals. Several people, familiar with...
  7. M

This is the part of the game I'm most worried about. How the Germans fall back and whether they can rebuild a line. And how the supply situation hampers the Allies.
  8. M

Europe Aflame after the loss of the USSR, or should I say, when the Allies surrender?

Re: Europe Aflame after the loss of the USSR, or should I say, when the Allies surren I wouldn't want to be stuck between those two. Foggy will attack until no one is left alive. And Rasmus will out flank you even if he has to march to the River Ganges to do it.
  9. M

Keep going guys. Great AAR and it's just about to get really interesting in France if great retreat is about to occur.
  10. M

Europe Aflame after the loss of the USSR, or should I say, when the Allies surrender?

Re: Europe Aflame after the loss of the USSR, or should I say, when the Allies surren I think a better option here would be to keep Russia around even if they lose everything west of the Volga. No automatic surrender like the other countries. Extend the map another twenty (or more) hexes east...
  11. M

The scenario only allows one Northern France landing. It does give the Allied player the opportunity to do Dragoon or cancel it. One other negative for Brittany I thought of yesterday will be that the supply lines are much longer when you move toward Germany.
  12. M

Every third turn or so should be fine.
  13. M

Heldenkaiser, You got off to a very good start in Italy and Brittany (although I think you are right about Brittany giving the Allies an easier start...but I'm not sure I agree it's easier altogether as you are a bit farther away and it gives the Germans a vertical front). Italy's supply will...
  14. M

Europa 1947 - Allied AAR (Public Play Test) [PARTIAL]

Re: Europa 1947 - Allied AAR (Public Play Test) I thought about starting a solitaire game of this but decided I didn't have the time. In the short time I looked it over, I thought a landing east of the Pyrenees in southern France (using the Marseilles supply point), coupled with extensive...
  15. M

AAR Trotsky's War, pbem DB vs Foggy

Hex 186,116 in Fire in the East is Moscow. Came up with it while staring at the map in my game with Dicke Bertha. PS: DB, not that I'm obsessed with taking Moscow or anything.
  16. M

AAR Trotsky's War, pbem DB vs Foggy

Every turn I've ever received with TOAW3 (excepting once or twice) I've gotten reload messages. Definitely broken. Even cheaters must get a good turn on the first try now and then.
  17. M

Italian Campaign (Veers-Allies vs Silvanski-Axis) [COMPLETE]

Re: Italian Campaign (Veers-Allies vs Silvanski-Axis) Veers, can you post a screenie of the situation briefing? I want to see the final score for your game. About two weeks ago I made a Mensch Mod version of this scenario (meaning to play it hotseat but never did). It had only two changes...
  18. M

Italian Campaign (Veers-Allies vs Silvanski-Axis) [COMPLETE]

Re: Italian Campaign (Veers-Allies vs Silvanski-Axis) I've never played this scenario but as solitaire and not beyond T15 or so, IIRC. However, I've heard a German defense is impossible. After a while you run out of quality units. Veers, in playing Gothic Line right now, if you're still...
  19. M

maps for scenario designers

Excellent source! A boon for any WWI designer.