Search results

1. vetsurg

Looking for a VASL PBEM, daily logs or thereabout.

I have no experience playing PBEM, but am willing to play if you are interested.
  2. vetsurg

Solitaire ASL YouTube Guides

I’ve been watching these as I’m planning to break out SASL over the holiday break. Great job!
  3. vetsurg

What boardgames have you played recently?

I love the Next War series by GMT (India-Pakistan, Korea, Taiwan, Poland, and VietNam). They play very well solo. Currently playing Next War: Poland.
  4. vetsurg

Do you prefer solo ASL or SASL?

Solo ASL is great but it's hard for me to separate myself between the two sides sometimes when I know what I am planning. SASL provides some unpredictability for me to have to make more decisions and does provide the missing fog of war from solo play. Though it is not perfect and the game engine...
  5. vetsurg

Hollow Legions reprint, Will you play the desert?

Have never played a DTO scenario because I did not own the maps and counters. I pre-ordered HL so am very much looking forward to learning chapter F and playing some.
  6. vetsurg

SASL only players?

I learned ASLSK playing solitaire and it didn't go well, but got the basics down. I took lessons on VASL with Pat Ireland for a year which helped me learn the game correctly. Then I met a great group of guys who played full ASL monthly and I really enjoyed the FTF play even though I got my butt...
  7. vetsurg

Favorite SASL Campaigns?

Has anyone taken any Campaign HASL packs, such as Lone Canuck's or Bounding Fire's campaign HASL's or even an MMP HASL, and used the map and prescribed nationalities for a campaign or single mission? This seems like a fun way to use these. I suppose it would be best to limit the portion of the...
  8. vetsurg

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Picked up Operation Watchtower on ebay. Unpunched but opened copy in great shape. Looking forward to some Guadalcanal action.
  9. vetsurg

ASL Journals in PDF Format

https://www.wargamevault.com/product/318290/Special-Ops-1?src=hottest_filtered
  10. vetsurg

I think I did Too Good a Job

Go Kyle!! Maybe he can kick Clark's butt next!
  11. vetsurg

Manila HASL - Good news, Bad news

Congratulations Sarge! Can’t wait to finally see this in print!
  12. vetsurg

Ideas for Starter Kits?

A Korean module??
  13. vetsurg

Idle Time

Love the ‘box’ art! Who is the artist?
  14. vetsurg

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Dangerous Descent into Maggot Valley CtR-14 from Corregidor the Rock. Japanese won in the 5th turn by accumulating 14 CVP before the Yanks could take 4 guns and knock out 18 CVP. Love the map, really fun scenario. Even better, the scenario designer ASL Sarge hosted the game day and provided...
  15. vetsurg

Action Pack and Journal reprints?

It seems that since the journals have all been sold and MMP is not planning to reissue them, hence no loss of money to MMP, they should allow pdf’s of the articles to be posted online. I know they’re copyrighted but MMP wouldn’t lose anything by this for those of us who would really like to read...
  16. vetsurg

How did you get your start into War games?

Must have taken a roundhouse to the head and lost my credit card. When I finally came to, a couple of thousand was charged to my card and all of these boxes showed up on my bookcase with Raaco’s filled with counters.
  17. vetsurg

I need 2xd6

Red 5, white 3
  18. vetsurg

Raise your hand if you have not played a scenario from the Forgotten War module

That was McHale’s Navy. 5 o’clock Charlie was MASH.