Search results

1. Paul_RS

Gunflashes and Bounding Fire

I can see your confusion (and mine) you'd have to remember which vehicles bounding fired if you left the bounding fire counter in place. Not so difficult in a small scenario. Fying Turrets at night may be a different story o_O
  2. Paul_RS

Gunflashes and Bounding Fire

NRBH and my night rule knowledge is rusty...but I think you'd you place a gunflash counter in the hex the AFV bounding fired from. The bounding fire counter stays with the AFV as it would in a daytime scenario as reminder that the AFV has fired. The AFV could only be fired on if it fires again...
  3. Paul_RS

New program to help set up VASL scenarios

found an error, I think? The American M7 HMC has the vehicle notes listed as #20 on the template counter it should be #44. That also means that the notes won't show up unless saved in png #20 in the US vehicle folder... Cheers Paul
  4. Paul_RS

The last battle

No longer a CH fan (10 years and counting), but the Berlin Module is one that I do like. No idea idea if the monster scenario is balanced or not but the smaller ones are great fun to play.
  5. Paul_RS

Ok, the program is looking for the Google Chrome web driver. You'll need to install Google Chrome if you don't already have it installed. I have MS Edge on my PC and installing Google Chrome web browser alongside is fine. Download the correct Chrome driver from the link below and save the file...
  6. Paul_RS

Ha! No it didn't. I eventually did find the culprit though. If your VASSAL graphics start doing weird things check preferences and tick this box.... sorted...
  7. Paul_RS

I suspect that the problem I described in my previous post is related to my recent upgrade to win 11. A fresh install of templates seems have cured it. I also rolled back VASSAL to version 3.7.5 as that was the last supported version of VASSAL within the program.
  8. Paul_RS

VASL Templates definitely doesn't like the latest VASSAL version 7.7.8. The data will load into your saved VASL file, but the entire VASL window suffers from a graphical corruption. when you start clicking on drop down menus and windows. Turn off templates and the problems disappear. Ok, I know...
  9. Paul_RS

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

I can identify with that last statement Jim….. just blasting the cobwebs out after taking an extended sabbatical to play “Other stuff” over the last 4 months. Hopefully I’ll be able to remember what and 8 on the 8 is before the Heroes Tourney in 4 weeks time…..
  10. Paul_RS

ASL Bell Tolls

I just heard about Joe's passing a few hour ago. He was a stalwart member of our Friday night club, very knowledgeable on the rules and had an easy going pleasant demeanor when playing. The first time I spoke to him was during my first Friday Night game. We played Red Horse Recon. I knew within...
  11. Paul_RS

Piece Linker. How do I set this up within another VASSAL program?

One for the VASSAL experts. How do I set up/create a 'piece linker' feature similar to the one we have in VASL. I'm looking at Red Storm from GMT. Linking the acq counters to their respective SAM units would make life a heck of a lot easier. But I've no idea how to go about this. I've...
  12. Paul_RS

Finn Project

I picked up the 2 books by Vesa Nenye , Finland at war' from Osprey, in anticipation of the module. Still to be read... Cheers Paul
  13. Paul_RS

What boardgames have you played recently?

Been busy over the last10 months. OCS, more DAK and the Campaign game from Smolensk, OCS continues to impress. Works well via PBEM where there would otherwise be a lot of downtime for the non moving player. Planning your moves and organising your logistics can, literally, take hours. An utterly...
  14. Paul_RS

VASL6.6.6 is officially released

solved it. My original post was a bit garbled. The problem was that the player window was always on top so when saving, unless the player window was small enough the save game window sat behind the player window and you couldn't do anything with the main window as long as the save window...
  15. Paul_RS

VASL6.6.6 is officially released

anyone having problems saving gamefiles? It only seems to be happening in VASL, so probably not a VASSAL issue. Map window freezes after I try to save and the only way I can close it down is via task manager. Thougt it might be VASL templates causing an issue but its the same whether VT is...
  16. Paul_RS

VASL Extensions for New Counters

BigAl737 he helped me a lot when I was messing around with maps for RO. Cheers paul
  17. Paul_RS

Broken Ground Design Thread

TBH I’ve been using non-permanent adhesive on the back of my overlays for decades. Works extremely well. Pritt used to make non permanent glue sticks years ago but no longer do so. I now use a roller thingie that serves the same purpose.
  18. Paul_RS

Top contributors to the world of ASL

Rodney Kinney (and others)- VASL and later VASSAL. Savior of the board wargaming universe, TBH, not just ASL.
  19. Paul_RS

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Early days yet, for me. I’ve played 4-5 scenarios, turn sequence is slightly modified, but not by much. Is it 100%, no. But it’s about 90%. ASL players will recognise the close similarities immediately. Weapon breakdown, heat of battle, heroes, routing, rallying, advance fire, ELR reduction...