Search results

1. Doug Kirk

Twilight of the Reich errata

I guess I overlooked those in my storage box, went immediately to the new counter sheets. When I saw the I.D. letters of the 3 on the counter sheet of A, B, and C, I just assumed they were the first release.
  2. Doug Kirk

Twilight of the Reich errata

Scenario 295 Death Box has 4 Hungarian L3 tanks in it. The two counter sheets included in the box only include 3 Hungarian L3s. ????
  3. Doug Kirk

Second HASL after RF, need some help.

Another vote for Hatten.
  4. Doug Kirk

St Louis 2024

Here is the link for St Louis 2024. https://www.jaburrissite.com/ASLtournament.html Same as last year, game room will open at 9AM Friday morning. You are free to match up and play whoever you want in round 1 anytime after 9AM. All first round games must be started by noon on Friday. In all...
  5. Doug Kirk

March Madness 2024

I am sure it's July 27, it's always the last weekend in July. I am pushing Jim to get the website updated this weekend. He has been focused on other things lately...you know, real life.
  6. Doug Kirk

March Madness 2024

Thanks to the KC crew for another well run tournament. I hope to see much of the same crowd in St Louis in July.
  7. Doug Kirk

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Anyone know a publish date estimate for this scenario pack?
  8. Doug Kirk

How'd your 2023 Year in ASL go?

Bad year for me in terms of games played and record. Only 22 games, vs 30-40 which is usual. And only went 8-14. Been working too much...will do better in 2024. My favorite scenarios were: J200 One Story Town J212 Shoulder to Shoulder J242 Courage of Cowan, probably my #1 for year J245...
  9. Doug Kirk

St Louis ASL Tournament - July 28-30, 2023

No. Jim may have forgotten or moved on. I haven't talked to him lately
  10. Doug Kirk

ASL ROAR

Glad to hear ROAR has been updated. Hopeful it can be maintained. Personally I have no interest in the scenario archive, too much history on ROAR.
  11. Doug Kirk

Will do. At the moment Jim is having issues with the program he uses. Once he gets that straightened out, we can output the file.
  12. Doug Kirk

All games will be reported to ROAR in the near future.
  13. Doug Kirk

Does ASL crop up in your dreams at all?

It has caused me many sleepless nights due to not being able to quit rehashing and rethinking scenarios and mistakes. I just lay there and toss and turn unable to turn my mind off. But once asleep, no dreams about ASL.
  14. Doug Kirk

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

I couldn't disagree more on Take and Hold. The only chance the Americans have is the Javanese don't get smoke. If they get smoke it's a cake walk for the Japs. They clear the bridge quite easily with HtH and their reinforcements come on before the Americans. The Americans will never retake...
  15. Doug Kirk

New ASL Journal announces Twilight of the Reich

I agree. I bet it is also SSR heavy like the FB module, but I hope not.
  16. Doug Kirk

Wouldn't it be neat if...?

No, I know nothing. It's a what if thread I thought, just wishful thinking.
  17. Doug Kirk

Wouldn't it be neat if...?

...Friendly Fire started producing scenarios again.
  18. Doug Kirk

Here is the scenario list for 2023. As usual, ABS will be available at the tourney. I hope to see you there! Round 1 J211 Breakthrough in the Arctic WO45 Better than Nothing J201 Careless at Bakri Q22 French Spirit PBP22 Morire in Belleza Round 2 Q25 Encounter at Le Valtru...
  19. Doug Kirk

Expect the scenario list around end of May/first of June.
  20. Doug Kirk

China-Burma-India, Volume 2?

Jim has done a lot of work on it. But he is not actively working on it now. I wouldn't hold your breath for it.