Search results

1. aslwynn

C 1.33 - SR Converted to FFE but Centre Drifts out of LOS

SR is visible to an Observer but its base hex is out of LOS on the other side of a hedge. Observer attempts to shift its location to one in his LOS, just on the other side of the hedge, but without any KEUs in or adjacent to it. There are enemy units out of LOS (two hexes beyond the hedge) but...
  2. aslwynn

A12.121 Advance into Fortified Location Prevented

Does a unit attempting to Advance into a Fort lose its concealment when it is prevented from doing so by a unit in the Fort which, per a Perry Sez, does retain its Concealment.
  3. aslwynn

PRK 15

Want to confirm that this rule means that if a first Red Card is drawn and the Radio Contact DR was NOT >= 7, that red chit is returned to the draw pile and there are no other consequences. If the contact DR was greater than 6, an additional red card is added to the draw pile. So under no...
  4. aslwynn

Light Woods not on Hex Center Dot

Are hexes such as O8 and L5 on map 1 considered to be Light Woods hexes since the hex center dot is not covered by the woods symbology?
  5. aslwynn

More Qs - PRK6

Russian AFVS enter with half MPS. FRU or FRD for the 17 MP T34s? Russian Riders: There is no mention of SMCs in PRK23 which allows Riders as an exception to PRK18. In the Russian forces entering on Turn 1 an 8-1 Infantry SMC is included with the Desant force; it makes no sense the he would not...
  6. aslwynn

Prokhorovka Errata

Gentlemen; Getting ready to play PRK6 and have come across a couple of things that my opponent and I believe need correction/clarification: 1. First footnote to CG11 Air Support calls for a possible Air Leader and refers the player to PRK30. That should actually read PRK 31. 2. SSR 2a states...
  7. aslwynn

B24.3 Fortified Building Rubbled

B24.3 states in an exception that 'the TEM of rubble from a Fortified building is not increased due to Fortification.' Does this then mean that the other benefits of Fortification remain in a rubbled, Fortified building hex, specifically the inability to enter when an unpinned GO squad is there...
  8. aslwynn

Does Being in OBA Negate OG for Reguirement to Rout?

Broke squad in and OG hex and Normal range of an enemy unit, and also in (the outer edge of) an FFE. Is it required to Rout at all; i.e. is its hex considered to be OG for purposes of requiring rout as opposed to for Interdiction? The Glossary definition of OG refers to Interdiction but B1...
  9. aslwynn

Crew Survival in OBA

Does a crew which survives when its AFV is destroyed by OBA suffer an OBA attack while conducting hazardous movement?
  10. aslwynn

D.8 Collateral Attack Versus Truck

Firing IFT at a truck carrying some nasty SS in Arnhem. Shot destroys the truck but the baby killers pass the CS roll. Do they or do they not have to take the Collateral Attack? I think it boils down to whether it can be considered Specific (D.8A) - the truck was the only target in the hex...
  11. aslwynn

Dinant Ferries

What is the significance of the 4 MP after the slash on the ferry counter? DN 3.2 says if it carries an Assault Engineer it has only 2, which seems to be as good as it gets... I have the feeling my opponent and I must be missing something. Wynn
  12. aslwynn

B28.9 - Dummies and Real Unit Trigger Booby Trap

Playing RF: Def Fire shot triggers a Booby Trap on a PTC vs a real unit, shot had no effect on dummies. RS selects the dummies, but they are not a Personnel unit as B28.9 demands. Does the real unit have to suffer CR since it's the only real one present? If so, what happens to the dummies?
  13. aslwynn

D2.33 Vehicular Bypass - Where are MPs Expended?

An AFV is in bypass of a building in Motion. At the next CAFP to which it moves it is out of LOS of an enemy unit. Does the enemy unit get a shot at it for the 'VCA change' MP spent, or does the AFV just disappear around the corner? Another way of asking that is: at which CAFP, precisely, are...
  14. aslwynn

Crew Survival in Hex with Foxhole

Crew survives the opponent's turn in which its AFV is destroyed. The hex it is in contains a Foxhole. Is the Crew considered to be in the Foxhole or would it have to Move/Advance in in a later turn?
  15. aslwynn

D9.31 Armored Assault

An AFV moves with a (non-CX) squad and leader using armored assault. After 6 MFs, since the squad and leader could have declared late CX, the tank leaves their Location and moves to a different hex. That's all good. But... Can the Infantry be fired with moving modifiers after the tank left...
  16. aslwynn

Hatten - Falling Snow Possible on Wind Change?

Playing a HF1. Weather is not specified as either Clear or Overcast by SSR on the scenario card; rhe Hatten SSRs do, however, have one entitled "EC, Wind and Weather'. First WC DR is a 10. What should we assume for Weather, Clear or Overcast? We presume Clear, though that is unclear, pun...
  17. aslwynn

SPW 251/2 - Chapter H German Vehicle Note 59

Since this vehicle carries the 81mm Mortar - with an Infantry crew, too - can it retain ROF when firing Smoke, as that same Mortar once removed from the vehicle? Wynn
  18. aslwynn

Smoke Round INTO a Gully Hex

Can I fire a Smoke round INTO a gully hex when I have LOS to a theoretical Crest status unit that would be there, but no LOS INTO the (unoccupied in this case) bottom of the gully? Wynn
  19. aslwynn

Smoke Placement into Unoccupied Gully Hex

Can I place a Smoke round into an unoccupied gully hex when I do not have LOS INTO the (bottom of the) gully?
  20. aslwynn

Setup Qs

Can Infantry set up loaded as Passengers in a truck if there is no SSR permitting such? Similarly, can a Gun set up Hooked Up to a Towing Vehicle? Wynn