Search results

1. aslwynn

Design Musings

One of the factors that has led me to enjoy many BFP scenarios - although I have only managed to play a small portion! - is the often innovative VCs. Sometimes innovation can fall flat, but when done with care and good judgement it is the only way to progress.
  2. aslwynn

C 1.33 - SR Converted to FFE but Centre Drifts out of LOS

SR is visible to an Observer but its base hex is out of LOS on the other side of a hedge. Observer attempts to shift its location to one in his LOS, just on the other side of the hedge, but without any KEUs in or adjacent to it. There are enemy units out of LOS (two hexes beyond the hedge) but...
  3. aslwynn

A12.121 and B23.922 - attempted advance into FBL

Klas; Thanks for asking this. I expect Perry's prompt response was due to your knowledge of and ongoing assistance with all things ASL. Wynn
  4. aslwynn

A12.121 Advance into Fortified Location Prevented

Yes, that's the Q&A we found and how we played it - we left the Advancing unit remain Concealed. The question seemed to us to be is attempting to Advance in but failing to do so included in 'any other action'.
  5. aslwynn

A12.121 Advance into Fortified Location Prevented

Does a unit attempting to Advance into a Fort lose its concealment when it is prevented from doing so by a unit in the Fort which, per a Perry Sez, does retain its Concealment.
  6. aslwynn

PRK 15

That's fine, we'd just wondered because of the first sentence in PRK 15 which says battery access is "... never lost permanently due to drawing two red chits..." and then goes on to explain the mechanics as we understood them. That first sentence implies that somehow two red chits might be drawn.
  7. aslwynn

PRK 15

We are playing PRK6 and the first Russian draw was a red card after rolling a 6 for radio contact, so it is returned to the draw pile and the draw pile remains presicely what it was before. Had the radio contact roll been 7 or more an extra red card would have been added to the draw pile. In...
  8. aslwynn

Light Woods not on Hex Center Dot

OK, thank you!
  9. aslwynn

Robin; Yes, all woods in PRK are Light Woods, although I think it makes no difference for this question. I think the relevant rule is B.1, which specifies how to deal with hexes with buildings not on the hex center dot, but about other terrain types it just says 'In some cases a hex will...
  10. aslwynn

PRK 15

Want to confirm that this rule means that if a first Red Card is drawn and the Radio Contact DR was NOT >= 7, that red chit is returned to the draw pile and there are no other consequences. If the contact DR was greater than 6, an additional red card is added to the draw pile. So under no...
  11. aslwynn

Are hexes such as O8 and L5 on map 1 considered to be Light Woods hexes since the hex center dot is not covered by the woods symbology?
  12. aslwynn

More Qs - PRK6

OK, thank you. I would recommend you specify (via errata) Player or Game turn in the SSR; such an interpretation is not obvious.
  13. aslwynn

More Qs - PRK6

Of course, but there are no roads here that are relevant! My opponent Burnie and I discussed this and couldn't decide if it was intended to be FRU or FRD. With the benefit of hindsight, we should have just left it is 8.5 MPs and let the last half MP be wasted.
  14. aslwynn

More Qs - PRK6

Can you give an example of how one might use half an MP?
  15. aslwynn

More Qs - PRK6

Can't use half an MP, can you?
  16. aslwynn

More Qs - PRK6

Huh. OK, thanks.
  17. aslwynn

More Qs - PRK6

And one more Q: Is there any reason why the German could not try for radio contact on Turn 1, even though SSR 4 says he can't get a Mission until Turn 2?
  18. aslwynn

More Qs - PRK6

Russian AFVS enter with half MPS. FRU or FRD for the 17 MP T34s? Russian Riders: There is no mention of SMCs in PRK23 which allows Riders as an exception to PRK18. In the Russian forces entering on Turn 1 an 8-1 Infantry SMC is included with the Desant force; it makes no sense the he would not...
  19. aslwynn

Prokhorovka Errata

Yes. This just created a lot of unnecessary headscratching for us. :-)
  20. aslwynn

Prokhorovka Errata

I agree that adding the Revetments was probably unnecessary chrome, though Burnie and I have yet to start playing this one. Any sensible Russian will place them so as not to be useful to the SS. Having said that, it might have been included to add some level of historical authenticity, but if so...