Search results

1. heggieb

Pop Up boxes opening Behind the Main Screen?

Wynn and I are working now (both matching VASL and VASSAL files), but a week later the Save game and Ok boxes now pop up behind the main game map screen. I have to shrink up the main screen and move it right to see the pop up files? I cannot find in Windows 11 any way to adjust it? Also my...
  2. heggieb

Both of us now have the latest and greatest VASL 667 and VASSAL 378...

Doug; It is still not working right. My chat window does not recognize my fine Canadian opponent; Wynn Polnicki. His dice rolls don't show nor does his typing in the window appear. We have went thru and matched all of the drop down menu's in Preferences with each other as well. He can move...
  3. heggieb

Both using 6.6.7 VASL but I have different VASSAL? Troubles?

My opponent and I are both playing using 667 VASL but he has a bit older VASSAL version than mine which is 378 and I cannot see his dice rolls but he can see mine? Also seemed to have lost the colored DR and dr's, using random.org. Any help would be great! TIA
  4. heggieb

J246 Loser Takes All SSR ?

My opponent was playing the SS and determined that he could drive across open ground [SSR 1- Soft ground D8.21 in effect]without having to roll for bog. IMHO every open ground hex he drove thru he would bog on a 10-12 secret DR (all his vehicles. had normal GP and a +1 for soft ground). He...
  5. heggieb

Special Room Rate ($129) extend for SC Street Fighting Labor Day Weekend

Guys the South Sioux City Marriott Riverfront Hotel has extended their special rate of $129 for another week or so. Please call 402-412-4102 and ask for Megan. You may have to leave a message but she will get back to you to confirm. We have had tremendous support for our con, too many...
  6. heggieb

Scenario List for Street Fighting in Sioux City Labor Day Weekend Sept 4-5

Attached in .pdf format is the Scenario List for the '21 FTF Street Fighting Tournament. Registration at 9 AM Saturday Sept 4. Lots of prizes, great support from many vendors, $100/$50/$25 for 1st-3rd or merchandise worth more than that. 3 Rounds on Sat, and up to 2 more on Sunday if...
  7. heggieb

Street Fighting in Sioux City 2021 FTF Over Labor Day Weekend

The 38th annual SL-ASL Tournament will be held on Sept. 4-5, 2021 at the Marriott South Sioux City Riverfront Inn (Marina Inn) 402-494-4000 in the Iowa Room. Registration at 9AM, Rnd 1 to start at 10 AM. We are getting a special rate of $129, thru Aug 14. Ask for Burnie Hegdahl Gamers to get...
  8. heggieb

Russian AFV MA Gun Depression/Elevation ?

Seems there is a rule or Q&A about Russ. AFV's not being able to depress MA besides C2.6, but I cannot find it. Sorry I know this has been posted before.
  9. heggieb

Street Fighting VASL Tournament Coming in Nov

Due to Covid our Tri State Con was cancelled over Labor Day Weekend, so we have decided to try a VASL Tournament instead. We will do 3-5 rounds with weekly turns for each round. We will use the new AREA ratings on the new site from Doug Rimmer- http://asl-ratings.org. to make pairings. Prizes...
  10. heggieb

Last Bid & Men of Steel on VASL Map?

Has there been anyone crazy enough to try to do RB5 and RO5 combined. I am seeing a half hex overlap when the 2 boards [RB and RO] are butted together. Hope there is a cure for this. Thanks in advance. Burnie Hegdahl
  11. heggieb

2019 Street Fighting in Sioux City over Labor Day Weekend

The 2019 Street Fighting tourney is not quite in Sioux City this year, its just a few miles south of it in Sergeant Bluff, IA, at their community center. There are a good half dozen hotels within 3 or 4 miles of the location. This will be our usual 3 or 4 round tournament, single elim, with...
  12. heggieb

Street Fighting in SC Info Sept 1-2

Coming this Labor Day Weekend will be our 35th Annual ASL Tourney, starting at 10 AM on Saturday Sept.1st at the Delta Hotel Mariott Riverfront in South Sioux City NE. (402-494-4000), take the South Sioux City exit when you hit Sioux City on I-29; go to 385 East 4th Street,, South Sioux City...
  13. heggieb

Rooftops B23.82 ?

We are playing The Last Bid scenario, I am Ruskies and set up first. I have 36 ? to use. Do you have to use one of those to set up concealed on a rooftop. My interpretation of the rule in 23.82 is that I can set up with any unit concealed, whether on 1 1/2 or a 2 1/2 level, and not have to use...
  14. heggieb

Street Fighting in Sioux City Scenario List

Attached in an Excel SS are the scenarios for our 35th Annual ASL Street Fighting in SC Tourney. Again it will be held in the Marina Inn in South Sioux City, NE, now called "Delta Hotel South Sioux City Riverfront", 402-494-4000. We will start on Saturday September 1st at 10 AM sharp...
  15. heggieb

Street Fighting in Sioux City this Labor Day Weekend Sept 1-2

Our SF in Sioux City 2018 will again be at the Old Marina in (now called Delta Hotels by Marriott 855-213-0582). Again we will have a 3-4 round ASL Tourney starting on Saturday Sept.1 at 10AM sharp! Scenario list will be coming soon.
  16. heggieb

AT Ditch [B27.56] with Pillbox in same location?

We are starting a RB Scenario and my worthy opponent has set up in a paved road hex, with shell holes, which makes it legal to put an AT Ditch there, and he also has a pillbox there. Is it legal? If so, is the pillbox at ground level or is it in the bottom of the AT ditch?
  17. heggieb

Still Time to Prereg for Street Fighting in SC

Guys; There are still a few rooms left at $98 per nite at the Marina Inn (800-798-7980) and still time to preregister for the Con till August 25th. This coming Labor Day Weekend ASL will start at 10 AM Sat. morning Sept 2nd.. Hope to see you there!:)
  18. heggieb

Enemy AFV entering Pillbox location

Just wondering if we played this right. At first we thought A7.212 covered this, and that after the tank entered the PB hex, the occupants could not fire out of that hex. Then in B30.2 in the second to the last sentence it says "Fire from inside a pillbox into its own hex is limited to CC, or...
  19. heggieb

Street Fighting in Sioux City-Labor Day Weekend

Coming this Sept. 2-3rd will be our 34th Annual ASL Tournament. We will have at least 4 rounds of ASL. Lots of prizes, 1-3rd, most snakes, boxcars, and best sniper, as well as dice lottery prizes in each round. Again we are featuring BFP products as well as MMP, Lone Canuck, Schwerepunkt...
  20. heggieb

Street Fighting in Sioux City 2017 coming soon..

The 34th Annual "Street Fighting in Sioux City", ASL Tournament will be held over the Labor Day weekend, Sept. 2-3rd, 2017. Again it will be at the Marina Inn in South Sioux City, NE. Take exit 148 off of I-29, 605-798-7980. Again we will be part of Tri-State Gamers convention. More details...