Search results

1. BattleSchool

B28.47 Dummy Minefields

1. If a player is entitled to add a Dummy Minefield counter to his OB (because he has/has purchased 24 Known minefield factors in his OB), does this Dummy Minefield counter now entitle him to an additional number of Dummy mine counters IAW the last sentence of B28.47? 2. If a scenario (only)...
  2. BattleSchool

E3.1 +1 LV Hindrance and E3.712 Winter Camouflage

Is a +1 LV Hindrance due to weather conditions cumulative with the +1 LV Hindrance afforded a unit with Winter Camouflage? TIA
  3. BattleSchool

A11.19 Concealment and E1.43 Cloaking Loss

Have a nagging feeling that I may have misplayed a rule on Sunday. A Cloaked Japanese stack advanced into an enemy Location containing both Concealed and Hidden units. Neither side ambushed the other. After declaring the Strength Factors on each side, I decided not to attack. (The odds were...
  4. BattleSchool

Playtesters Wanted!

Are you an experienced playtester with too much time on your hands? I have ten scenarios in various stages of playtesting for a pack that I would like to self-publish. I also have a couple of scenarios that I'd like to submit for the next ASL Journal and Special Ops. 1. The one for Special Ops...
  5. BattleSchool

B16.7 Mudflats

1. Am I correct in concluding that the only vehicles that may enter a mudflat are those with amphibious capability, as per B16.72? B16.7 MUDFLATS: A mudflat is marsh with a lower water level. All marsh rules apply except where modified below. 2. I couldn't find an example on a map, but...
  6. BattleSchool

Hungarian Vehicle Note 7. 38M Toldi I and Hungarian Vehicle Note 14. 39M Csaba 20L MA

From what little I can glean from researching the weapons in these vehicles, both appear to be 20mm 36M AT rifles (almost identical to the Solothurn s18-1100). And while the presence of an ATR is indicated in the vehicle note for the MA of the Toldi I, the historical blurb of the 39M Csaba...
  7. BattleSchool

Belgian Vehicle Note 15: T-13 Type II(b)

May the T-13 Type II(b) move while its turret is aligned with the VCA (or a side CA)? I don't see anything in the vehicle note specifically prohibiting this. The descriptive portion of the note does state that: And as the photo below suggests, driving with the turret facing forward (or to...
  8. BattleSchool

E11.251-.252 Non-Convoy Movement and radioless AFV

E11.252 "A radioless AFV platoon (D14.2) leaves a Convoy to use non-Convoy movement as a single entity, with all its AFV completing their MPh using platoon movement." 1. During its MPh, one of two (or three) ADJACENT radioless AFV in a Convoy gains LOS to a KEU at the end of an Impulse. May...
  9. BattleSchool

QF 3-pounder Hotchkiss TK#

Looking for someone with naval/gunnery expertise. The QF 3-pounder Hotchkiss (Canon Hotchkiss à tir rapide de 47 mm on French ships) dates back to the 1880s. I've had a look at the various types of ammo used by these guns prior to and during WW2. There doesn't appear to have been an AP round...
  10. BattleSchool

Slovak Skoda M28(80) and French Canon de 75 Antichar mle 97/35

Has anyone ever stumbled across a photo of either gun with a firing table as shown on their ASL counters? TIA
  11. BattleSchool

A15.2, A18.2, and Chapter O CG11.

If a leader is created during CC by a (Fanatic) Russian MMC in a Factory Location, does the leader remain Fanatic, even if it subsequently leaves the Factory? IOW, is its Fanaticism permanent?
  12. BattleSchool

O9.1 Storage Tanks and Fortifications

Given that a Storage Tank is not a building, what fortifications apart from mines may be set up in a Storage Tank hex? B26.1 appears to allow wire. Ditto B27.1, which seems to permit entrenchments. Pillboxes are a no go.
  13. BattleSchool

Festung Budapest: Did the Hungarians use T-60s in Buda?

Looking to confirm (or dismiss) the claim (in a recent book on the subject) that the Hungarians fielded T-60s and at least one R35 during the siege of Budapest. The photo below appears to confirm that they were present in or near the city at some point. Hungarian author Balázs Mihályi claims...
  14. BattleSchool

A24.1 and D13.35 SMOKE Placement dr 6

Should A24.1 read "If the SMOKE Placement dr is an Original "6," the squad" must immediately end its MPh in its current Location? Or must a CX squad that rolls a dr 5 on its SMOKE Placement dr immediately end its MPh? D13.35 (and F.10) suggests to me that A24.1 is referring to an Original "6."
  15. BattleSchool

Onslaught to Orsha 2 [2020]

What's the consensus on this publication? Do you own it? Do you want it? What's to like about it? Let us know! If you are interested in Onslaught to Orsha 2, but missed BFP's Black Friday Sale last week, there's still hope. Sitrep, the newsletter of BattleSchool, will be raffling off a copy on...
  16. BattleSchool

DASL19 (aka Deluxe A13 and Z12) VC

The VC in the 2019 version of Deluxe A13 The Mailed Fist (originally published in ASL Annual ’95) is conditional upon woods/building hexes ADJACENT to the defined road, while the original VC is conditional upon woods/building Locations. Is the change deliberate? If not, should “hexes” in the...
  17. BattleSchool

DASL19 The Mailed Fist (aka A13 and Z12)

Looking for an interesting ETO DASL scenario to play face-to-face this autumn, something I haven't played before. I had a look at the differences between the A13 version published in Annual '95 and DASL19. The A13 version heavily favoured the French (they won about 77% of the time according to...
  18. BattleSchool

C2.2401 Gun Duel Questions

1. Apart from the +3/+4 DRM for being Thrown (and possibly, unqualified/captured use and CX), what would the (Firer-based) Gun Duel DRM for a DEFENDER Thrown DC comprise? a. Would it include any (additional) "DC Position DRM" (C7.346)? b. Would it include a +3 DRM if Thrown from a vehicle (I'm...
  19. BattleSchool

Bishop Pointers - A Series of Short Articles on Variety of ASL Topics

I thought I'd create one thread where players can access articles written by J. Bishop (and subsequently mutilated by yours truly). I've created a host of graphics to accompany each article. Before you ask, I will not be providing a pdf of these posts. Jim [edit] has mase his original drafts...
  20. BattleSchool

Croix de Guerre vehicle counters in other than French Blue

Still trying to organize my nifty new French OB, and thought I recalled a relatively recent thread that explained why certain vehicles are not provided in French Blue. 1. Consider the Carrier AC(b), which is only available in tan livery (as it was in the 1992 edition). (Or the Autocanon de 40...