Search results

1. BattleSchool

B28.47 Dummy Minefields

1. If a player is entitled to add a Dummy Minefield counter to his OB (because he has/has purchased 24 Known minefield factors in his OB), does this Dummy Minefield counter now entitle him to an additional number of Dummy mine counters IAW the last sentence of B28.47? 2. If a scenario (only)...
  2. BattleSchool

Playtesters Wanted!

Rubber Hussars—it's a Hungarian thing—is posted on Sitrep! More tin on tin for connoisseurs of crappy AFV. Tuck in!
  3. BattleSchool

An Armor Leader Alone in a Tank: his options.

That's what she said! 😡
  4. BattleSchool

The Boresighting question is a bit of a red herring. While it may be allowed under the rules--Klas would be better positioned to answer that--SSR 4 specifically states that the tanks were refuelling at the time, an unlikely position from which to have taken the time to Boresight. Play the...
  5. BattleSchool

This version of the scenario is from The General Vol. 30 No. 5. On this card, SSR 3 states that Pz IIF begin played Abandoned (D5.41), which means that there is no one inside these AFV at start. There is therefore no Armor Leader inside either tank. As per the setup instructions on this...
  6. BattleSchool

B. The scenario starts with two German crews outside of their pair of Panzer 2s, but with an 8-1 leader still inside one of their vehicles. Does the 8-1 have the ability to leave the AFV? Of course, he will not have any infantry combat strength (only Japanese armor leader can function as...
  7. BattleSchool

D13.35 VEHICULAR SMOKE GRENADES

Smoke Dischargers on really heavy tanks (HT) Halftracks (ht) with MA, kinda like tanks, Vehicular Smoke Grenades, definitely, thanks! These are few of my favourite things.
  8. BattleSchool

How to play faster ASL

Damn straight! Nothing worse than watching someone go through the same motions for the same shot for the umpteenth time in a game. That said, there are a couple of reasons why some players calculate the mods out loud. One is that they have a nagging suspicion that the shot is not worth the...
  9. BattleSchool

DONATIONS

Agreed. The folks at MMP could well have done something else with their time and money--spent more time with their families, for instance. Instead, they have devoted an inordinate amount of time and money to keeping an extremely niche game alive and kicking. Their customers have signalled...
  10. BattleSchool

Playtesters Wanted!

Generous praise from a famed grognard, a seasoned, innovative designer who gave us "fat" boards. A top player to boot. I am none of these, but I welcome the encouragement and support all the same. Thanks Gary!
  11. BattleSchool

Playtesters Wanted!

Tin Omen is up! For fans of huts, tin cans and Hand-to-Hand CC.
  12. BattleSchool

Escaped POW - can it created a leader?

Provided the Prisoners weren't Finnish or Japanese, then yes, because a Prisoner squad is an MMC.
  13. BattleSchool

E3.1 +1 LV Hindrance and E3.712 Winter Camouflage

I think I see where this is coming from.
  14. BattleSchool

Overlay X31

<shrug> For years, he said the same about the spoon.
  15. BattleSchool

Playtesters Wanted!

Booty Call is live! Detailed insight into one of the scenarios currently in playtest.
  16. BattleSchool

Looking for Playtesters/Proofreaders for another AP (France 1940)

France 1940 and new Fort boards are interesting in their own right. Incorporating newish core rules and novel terrain into fresh designs adds welcome flavour. From what little I've seen, there's nothing that doesn't play quick and without onerous rules overhead. The VC are straightforward and...
  17. BattleSchool

J223 "Latecomers", go home !

Thanks for confirming how the tree-lined roads are played. Much of the credit is due to Dave Ramsay's Scenario Archive and those who constantly compile material and add it to this excellent resource. Does Paul remain active in the ASL scene? It would be interesting to learn how he came to...
  18. BattleSchool

Thanks. Will have a looksee.
  19. BattleSchool

Is this an old scenario, perhaps one designed in the late 90s, that didn't make the cut for a Paddington Bears pack? The Italian armour, which until now never appeared in any AH/MMP scenario, drew me to the card. I was planning to play it this weekend, in fact. However this thread prompted me...