Search results

1. J

What's your favorite WWII tank?

favorite tank Although a poor choice in ASL terms, I like the Soviet T-35. A land battleship, typical Communist thinking that bigger is better. It looks like something from an Indiana Jones movie, or some 1930s sci-fi.
  2. J

Next Conversion?

Genesis 48 I'd be supremely grateful if someone did convert this product to Vasl. Would play it asap, if available on vasl.
  3. J

SASL 2 value

I have SASL 1, what extra missions are available in SASL 2? Are they much different from the previous GSASL missions available on the web? Are there any different counters or rules? Are there any paradrop missions? Thanks Joe W.
  4. J

Best & Worst Second World War Movies ever made?

favorite war films Good topic, reminds me of films that I would like to see again. My favs in no particular order: Stalingrad Band of Brothers SPR Das Boot 12 O'clock High Thin Red line, despite the moralizing and slow progression of the story line, the hill assault thru the kunai and the...
  5. J

SEWER EMERGENCE AND DISCOVERY QUESTIONS B8.42

B8.42 question In regards to your sewer move and D1F question, I don't think they are subject to D1f. The emergence DR, that determines if they are seen, is done at the" end "of the units Mv Phase. So the units MFs are already spent. I believe only Def final fire can be used, with the...
  6. J

RB CG 5

RB CG5 rule Frank, I think the prohibition on BS in RB was intended to simplify play. A weak arguement perhaps. BS is prohibited in many CGs, again I don't know if there is some historical condition that calls for it. Why Lt Mrts seem to have been left out in this prohibition, is beyond me...
  7. J

Tarawa CGs- Which One?

BRT CG charts Someone asked about the BRT optional terrain charts. One is in the HoB Magazine (FtF?). I have that and can scan it for anyone. A 2nd was on the web (CF), and done by a gamer from the Tidewater gamers (Sean Deller). I don't have the file anymore, but could scan the chart and...
  8. J

Bear Hunt

I played this at ASLOK this year. It was a real nailbiter. I had the partisans. I got into the surrounded village quickly and with little trouble, but I tried to clear it as quick as possible. The Deep snow eventually immobilised about 3 of his vehicles. A few more bogged and got slowed...
  9. J

Tarawa CGs- Which One?

BRT CG If anyone is interested, I'm ready to play a PBEM CG 3 of BRT. My japanese setup is ready. Played once as Marines (gave up on day2), would like to try the japanese to the bitter end. At least 3 mailings a week. I started this CG recently, but partner disappeared. Joe W.
  10. J

Your favorite HASL/CG

Favorite HASL CGs Certainly RB remains my favorite for most of the reasons previously mentioned. The others are harder to rank, let's see... BRV has great urban combat, a smaller CG than RB and lots of options for both sides. The SSRs in this one add lots of flavor. OWT was lots of fun, but I...
  11. J

OtO CG I

Here goes a monster AAR of OtO's CG. I am playing the defenders of the Motherland, repellers of the Fascists, the Russians. Initial Russian purchases: 3 of given V5, 2 given V4, and the given I5 RGs are setup onbd for an extra CPP each. Purchased RGs: V4, G4 (onbd), 2 x F1, O7, M2, O2 w O6...