Search results

1. Wayne

Elite Tiger crews:

[Armor snipers... ]
  2. Wayne

J13 errata

W/out getting into the weeds... ...there was a (near invisible) problem w/A7.55. J13 errata gave a solution which (in the eASLRB_v2.03 -> _v20.4 update) was =not= implemented when it could have been. Instead, the _v2.04 update implemented a better solution (one which addressed the problem...
  3. Wayne

J13 errata

Someone was kind enough to point out w/an example a valid motivation for consideration of removal of "Good Order" from A7.55, sentence 1: His example, though, drew my eye to something else. [TBH, I had so-focussed on the J13 deletion of "Good Order" that I missed the rather elegant eASLRBv2.04...
  4. Wayne

Night Bore Sighting

Seemingly so, for a non-MG weapon. Per C6.42, the recorded Bore Sighted location must be within weapon LOS. [I can see the case for informally allowing as though in day, though that would require agreement w/the opponent (and illumination/gunflash and/or NVR increase to enable actual use) --...
  5. Wayne

J13 errata

An opinion of yours not shared by all. For obvious reasons, that bit of J13 errata was the error -- rather than the eASLRB incorporate it, J14 should rescind it. For cause. I like to suppose that Executive Wisdom has intervened already to prevent that change to the ASLRB. It is my further...
  6. Wayne

Precision Dice

Re dice tower alternatives... years ago I saw at a convention a couple of ASL players using a pop-o-matic harvested from a kids game. There were two dice in it, one smaller white w/pips, a larger red w/Arabic numerals (their rate die). Results were quick and very easy to read. It made some...
  7. Wayne

Bocage Gap

[So they can reissue it years later w/the bocage art fixed and sell it to me again. :giggle:]
  8. Wayne

Polish Tank Ace Edmund Roman Orlik - in a "cockroach" 20mm TKS tankette

[The 11-minute "reenactment" video below contains a brief promotional for a software game (World of Tanks) used to render the story telling.] [Per Wikipedia, the history is maybe soft (but I imagine that can happen, particularly if your nation is overrun).]
  9. Wayne

A19.12 and A20.3

Yes. As you quote above, higher-numbered A20.3 conditionally allows Disrupted units to use Low Crawl.
  10. Wayne

Audie Murphy - One American vs 250 Germans (19 minute WW2 Documentary)

This is why we have these "ordinary soldier" ASL rules...
  11. Wayne

More chrome

The AFV cards published by TAHGC came w/DASL (where, ironically, hex space for vehicle markers is not a problem anyway) and were, I found a/ kinda annoyingly incomplete as a set, and b/ kinda impractical to use (JMO) There were third-party efforts to complete and expand and improve the set...
  12. Wayne

Monastir Gap Question

Correct, but a vehicular-weapon ATR of suitable given mm is a Gun and thus is capable of Multiple Hits.
  13. Wayne

Precision Dice

[LoL re calculators. I still use my HP-28S] Bill, re your now twice-made inquiry re my aggregate die testing history, I’ll get you some summary as practical for me. [Just now, I’m spinning a few too many other plates] Meanwhile, I SWAG the upshot was (as per theory) that I likely...
  14. Wayne

Precision Dice

[One reason we (all) get so antsy about our dice -- we remember our pains about 5x as long as our ecstasies (that's human nature). Upshot -- if equipped w/hypothetically perfect dice, we'll never-the-less perceive they are skewed against us. And (emotionally) perception trumps reality, almost...
  15. Wayne

Will the cost of suitable venues hasten the demise of ftf events?

Sure, but what is "TWCBNoGS" ? Something about Corona is my guess, but IDK.
  16. Wayne

Will the cost of suitable venues hasten the demise of ftf events?

Like I supposed above, I think this is the right way to go: dangle the carrot of lots of rooms sold in an off-season for the hotel, and they likely will give up the meeting space for free? [IDK but suspect a "charitable cause" nod helps too -- because MMP gives some to the WWII Foundation for...
  17. Wayne

Sewer manhole (B8.1) in Narrow Street (B31.1)?

It is an instance of an ASLRB-defined Road-crossed hexside. This graphic illustrates a part of rule B3,1: ... where "hexside entered" equates w/hexside crossed, re this discussion. Re Doug's map detail above (reproduced below) and adapting last sentence of B3.1, "Entry of Y24 from Z23 is...
  18. Wayne

Dice Tower

This moment, 65 euros is about 70 usd
  19. Wayne

Sewer manhole (B8.1) in Narrow Street (B31.1)?

Section B31 does not make a Narrrow Street a Road. Note especially quotation of "road" in B31.11 1st sentence -- were section B31 making a Narrow Street a Road, then that quotation would be unnecessary.