Search results

1. J. R. Tracy

HazMo 10 Fresh Grist - 2021 Albany Tournament Round 2

Scenario HazMo 10 Fresh Grist Opponent Paul Chamberland Renaissance Man Situation This is the dawn of WWII, on the outskirts of Shanghai in September 1937. Paul’s IJA was on the attack with a dozen first liners, three 448 Assault Engineers, an HMG, a pair of mediums, some LMGs, a pair of...
  2. J. R. Tracy

HazMo 3 Seaside Retreat - 2021 Albany Tournament Round 1

At this year's New York State ASL Championship in Albany, I decided to try to play only scenarios from Hazardous Movement - these are big, interesting cards and I looked forward to trying as many as possible. Scenario HazMo 3 Seaside Retreat Opponent Vic Rosso Deep in thought Situation...
  3. J. R. Tracy

ASLOK XXXV AAR

After a couple years off I returned to the ASL Oktoberfest in Cleveland this year. I picked up GorGor and his gear early Wednesday morning and hit the road. After a great meal at Der Braumeister, GorGor and I warmed up with Panther Cullfrom the new Death to Fascism pack. This is a nifty card...
  4. J. R. Tracy

Bad ASL Poetry

The 137 was a brave little half squad And lucky too was he - He survived two critical hits in a row... ...but then came crit number three
  5. J. R. Tracy

WO 12 Heart of Wilderness Value Pack - Two AARs For the Price of One!

(Elsewhere on these august forums Tuomo noted I haven't been crossposting my AARs here, so I will try to catch up with a few from BGG - this was originally posted there 28 Jan 2020) Recently I was lucky enough to tackle a monster scenario twice in a matter of days, playing WO 12 Heart of...
  6. J. R. Tracy

2018 Albany NY State ASL Championship AAR

Round 1 - AP 87 Empire’s Fall Opponent Wai Wong, a member of Canada’s sinister effort to subvert the North American ASL community Does not cower Situation Burma, January 1942 – 35 British and Commonwealth squads supported by OBA and a battery of four Bofors defend against 29 well-led IJA...
  7. J. R. Tracy

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 5: Retaking Kharkov

Despite my early stumble, I was still in good shape in the main event and next faced Bill Cirillo for what amounted to a semifinal for the coveted WO title. We decided to try something new to both of us, with combined arms on both sides, and this SP title fit the bill. Opponent Bill Cirillo...
  8. J. R. Tracy

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 4: Forest Brothers

Final round of the mini! I'd already played the third scenario in the event (Death on the French Coast) so we opted for one of the scenarios from the other mini, which were surprisingly meaty despite the small playing area. Opponent Phil Palmer, my NKVD vs his Lithuanians Situation Hardy...
  9. J. R. Tracy

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 3: One Story Town

Second round of the 'big' mini! Opponent Ron Duinskie, my Soviets vs his Finns Situation This was a city fight in Karelia in the Winter War, using boards 22 and 49. The Soviets occupy the middle of the map with 18 squads plus support weapons, along with two BA-6s, while two groups of a...
  10. J. R. Tracy

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 2: Expendable Allies

I bounced out of one mini and right into another, joining a second iteration of the 'big' mini on Friday morning. Opponent Ed Fritz Jr, my Poles vs his Germans Situation A very strong German combined arms force counterattacks in 1945 against a Polish element of the Red Army. The Germans...
  11. J. R. Tracy

2018 Winter Offensive, Round 1: Death on the French Coast

This was my first game of the weekend, Round 1 of the 'big' playtest mini (big scenarios, as opposed to the tiny mini with tiny maps and tiny players). I didn't snag the card so I'm recalling OBs from memory. Opponent: Dan Stanhagen, my Germans vs his French Situation It’s the 1940...
  12. J. R. Tracy

Perry Sez on MG TH attempt versus unarmored vehicle

Q: May a player make a To Hit attempt with an MG versus an unarmored vehicle? A: No. ....Perry
  13. J. R. Tracy

Flames in Hatten at Winter Offensive

At this past Winter Offensive, Chas Argent and I settled in to playtest Flames in Hatten, the big daddy twelve-turn scenario in the upcoming MMP HASL of the same name. Designed by Andy Rogers, the package covers the fighting in the Alsatian town of Hatten during Operation NORDWIND in January...