Search results

1. Brian W

Missing Counter Series: The Catling Gun

High ROF, and extra stealthy.
  2. Brian W

Plane Pictures

The La-5/7 was only a step behind the best of the west.
  3. Brian W

Plane Pictures

The Germans thought the Mc.205 was better than the Bf-109G, but it took about twice as many man hours to build one than the Bf-109, so they did not do much to increase production of them. I think that the consensus is that the Re.2005 was the best of the 5 series Italian planes, though.
  4. Brian W

Plane Pictures

I like any plane that's lopsided.
  5. Brian W

80 years ago today

I thought you were going to say Baron Harkonnen. :)
  6. Brian W

Bocage, wall advantage and firelanes

And lest we forget, Firelane Resid is doubled for PBF. So, the resid in that one hex is actually 4fp, not 2fp.
  7. Brian W

Plane Pictures

It's a G-14
  8. Brian W

Plane Pictures

Swiss Mustang
  9. Brian W

Plane Pictures

Italian Bf-109
  10. Brian W

Plane Pictures

It's a Yak!
  11. Brian W

80 years ago today

* Former Norwegian Defense Minister Vidkun Quisling meets with Hitler in Germany, seeking German assistance for a right-wing coup d’etat to overthrow the Labour government of Johan Nygaardsvold. In return, a fascist Norway would allow the Kriegsmarine free use of Norwegian ports while the...
  12. Brian W

Music: what are you Listening to now?

13. Brian W

Bocage, wall advantage and firelanes

LOS to the firelane marker is not required. The firelane still exists, but residual is only exerted against locations in LOS.
  14. Brian W

Motion fire?

Since the target status of a firing unit has nothing to do with a firing unit's TH DRM, it is a moot point. A unit can be in ONE, and only ONE, of the following states: Stopped Non-Stopped In Motion Not in Motion However, any of the above units can also be a Moving target. And all except a...
  15. Brian W

Motion fire?

Stopped/Non-stopped are definitions/conditions/states of being that only apply during a unit's MPh. During all other phases a vehicle is either in Motion or not in Motion.
  16. Brian W

Berserk Charge

As I posted earlier, read A15.45, which directs you to A15.44, which tells you that the unit is Battle Hardened instead of going Berserk.
  17. Brian W

Concealment Question

In other words, you are exactly right.
  18. Brian W

Concealment Question

OB granted "?" may be freely exchanged between 1/2" and 5/8". With only one OB granted ? counter you cannot create a Dummy; you could only use it to conceal a real unit. OB granted "?" counters cannot be placed under a real unit, only on top of a real unit. If you had two OB granted "?"...
  19. Brian W

Motion fire?

To be clear, we are talking about the AFPh, not "Final Fire Phase" (?). Case B is NA if a vehicle has entered a new hex during that MPh (C5.2). Case C applies, which is +3 (Case B in woods) + 1/2/3 for Stabalized Gun/T or ST turret/No Turret. An immobile vehicle is not in Motion, so Case L may...
  20. Brian W

Giving odds

I unknowingly took odds in my first ASL game by selecting the Germans in Piercing the Psel. I still lost.