Search results

1. up5799

LOS Frozen through overlays and wrecks

When tracing a LOS through an overlay and about a half-dozen wrecks (desert scenario) the program froze. It unfroze about 30 seconds later and I continued the turn and finished the log, but on playback can't seem to be able to get beyond the freeze (playing the file back we get to the freeze...
  2. up5799

Critical Hit when firing in motion

AFV in motion firing on another AFV - final TH is a 3, with lower die doubled due to motion. Roll is a 2 does a CH occur?
  3. up5799

CX question

I have a squad in a foxhole in the woods. There is another foxhole in an adjacent woods hex. If my squad advances out of one foxhole into the adjacent woods and into the other foxhole, is the unit cx? I would say no, since entering the woods hex and foxhole only cost 3 of the squad's 4 MP's.
  4. up5799

1980's Nostalgia

After seeing this video I had a sudden urge to play all the Paratrooper scenarios ca. 1987 (using VASL of course - this is the current year.) Any takers? Jim
  5. up5799

smoke caused by bypassing wreck

Here is the situation - a US M4 was bypassing a woods hex with a german squad (yes this was the infamous VPB sleeze.) The Germans managed to find a panzerfaust, and we have one flaming US tank. Now obviously any LOS which touches the smoke will get a +2 for the smoke coming from the burning...
  6. up5799

smoke caused by bypassing wreck

Here is the situation - a US M4 was bypassing a woods hex with a german squad (yes this was the infamous VPB sleeze.) The Germans managed to find a panzerfaust, and we have one flaming US tank. Now obviously any LOS which touches the smoke will get a +2 for the smoke coming from the burning...
  7. up5799

Capturing a Pillbox

I advance into a hex with an enemy occupied pillbox, and eliminate the enemy unit in CC. Can one or more of the units which at attacked the pillbox in CC occupy the location at the end of the turn, or does that have to wait till my next movement phase?
  8. up5799

leader, squad, 3pp CX MP's

Sorry my brain is drawing a blank on this one - I believe it is 7 but want to make sure. Jim
  9. up5799

Writing on VASL Screen

Anyone know how to write the Scenario name and date on the perimeter of the VASL screen next to the actual ASL boards?
  10. up5799

Vehicle Fire CMG in MPh, MA in DFPh

Can a vehicle fire its CMG during the movement phase as FF then its MA in the DFPh as final fire? MA did not fire during MPh, only CMG did
  11. up5799

Building TEM with minefield attack

If a unit enters a building hex containing a minefield via a non-building hexside, does the unit qualify for the building TEM or not when the minefield attacks it? Logic would seem to indicate it does not (mines would attack without the +2/+3 for a building since the units are entering from a...