Search results

1. Jeff Leslie

OBA flowchart question

I'm on the FFE:2 page of the OBA Flowchart. Top box: I do not wish to cancel the FFE:2, so I follow the "No" path out of that box. Next box after "No" above: -- The observer DOES NOT have LOS to Base Level of FFE hex. -- The observer DOES have LOS to Blast Height of FFE hex, BUT -- The...
  2. Jeff Leslie

Field Phone Security Area & terrain Blaze

Does a terrain blaze in a Field Phone Security Area kill the wire connection? I would assume it does, but #1 I don't assume anything with ASL and #2, I couldn't find anywhere that actually says it. The Blaze was created by spread, not from an attack on the hex in question.
  3. Jeff Leslie

A few AT Minefield questions

The first 2 questions are more protocol questions than anything. As everyone knows, playing ASL via PBEM (maybe not everyone if you've never played PBEM) is a bit different than a FtF game as far as the flow of things. I play a lot of PBEM but new things pop up all the time to make me wonder how...
  4. Jeff Leslie

AP Mines in a Bridge/Gully hex

I found a couple other posts reference this topic but they didn't answer my question below. Situation: AP Mines are in a hex where a printed Bridge spans a Gully. The picture in the rulebook under B6. Bridges of hex 5Z9 is a perfect example of the hex in question. The mines were previously...
  5. Jeff Leslie

Dash and Hidden Minefields

If a unit declares dash across an unpaved road hex and discovers a Hidden Minefield in the road hex and survives the subsequent attack unscathed, is the Dashing unit compelled to complete the Dash or can it cancel the dash in the minefield hex (thus immediately losing Dash benefits in the road hex)?
  6. Jeff Leslie

B6.3 & B6.31 Bridge TEM application

The image is from the Pegasus Bridge 2nd Edition (currently in playtest). There has been some discussion about whether or not fire on the Y19 bridge location would be subject to the +1 Bridge TEM or the -1 Bridge Open Ground TEM. Partly due to the "flare out" at the top end of the bridge...
  7. Jeff Leslie

Question about SS HS broken morale (A25.11)

A25.11 SS: SS squads/HS (6-5-8/3-4-8) are elite Class troops with underlined morale differentiated by the SS insignia on the counter and their increased Morale Level on their broken side. When I read that, it makes it sound like both SS squads and half squads should have increased morale on...
  8. Jeff Leslie

Maintaining Radio Contact with Field Phone and Battalion Mortars

I rolled a 12 in my search attempt to find an answer to this question. Does a Field Phone for Battalion Mortars still have to make a roll to maintain Radio Contact? I would think yes it still does just to see if the phone breaks, but then there is the whole -2 DRM thing per C1.22 that might...
  9. Jeff Leslie

PAGE_DOWN step through logfile issues

Can't remember if I've mentioned this before. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this? 1. Open a logfile. If I press the PAGE_DOWN key to take the first step, all it does is scroll the map down and does not step through logfile. 2. I have to click mouse on the step forward button to start...
  10. Jeff Leslie

Stacks not moving in PBEM logfile

While stepping through logfiles and a stack is reporting moves, the stack is actually not physically moving on the map. Often times we have to manually move a stack after the move is complete. Sometimes the stack doesn't move at all, sometimes it moves one or two hexes and then stops. I have...
  11. Jeff Leslie

VotG CGI Initial Scenario Russian Purchases

Sorry but the GS search engine is terrible. CGI, Initial Scenario Special Rules I-4 says there is a +3 DRM (cumulative) for the RG groups listed. Using the part about the NKVD Militia Coy for example, it says the "... and the second purchased NKVD Militia Coy RG (if any) must apply a +3 DRM...
  12. Jeff Leslie

Admiral Togo visits Davey Jones early

Just had the most amazing engagement for me to date. Playing the campaign as Russians, and it's 15 Feb 1904. Ever since the PA attack, I've been trying to send ships out to see what's out there and to start mining places. There's been one problem with that idea though, and it's called Admiral...
  13. Jeff Leslie

Flaming Wrecks in Bypass

Does the smoke from a burning wreck in bypass affect both hexes straddling the hexspines or just the hex being bypassed? I couldn't find anything that mentioned the smoke, but B25.6 (spreading fire) states "A Burning Wreck in Bypass may spread to Burnable Terrain in either/both of the two hexes...