Search results

1. P

Greetings from Croatia

Hello Vladimir! It's always good to find people coming across TOAW for the first time. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of the game as I have over the years. Andy.
  2. P

TOAW III Scenario Editor BETA

Jeff, Ralph would need to add a NODE_ID attribute (which represents the slot in the equipment database) to the EQUIPMENT definition. The NAME attribute could remain for backwards compatibility. 3.4 will apparently add the ability to import the XML definition of a scenario (and I prefer...
  3. P

I'm going to be putting any further development on this to one side for the foreseeable future. It has proved impossible to add creating a scenario - it either hangs the app or creates an invalid SCE file (even though the XML is ok). Interim working with XML-only for performance reasons...
  4. P

Hopefully what I've done is a step up from XmlPad... :crosseye:
  5. P

Yep :D. I started down this road because I wanted to do a "what-if the 1st Airborne had landed closer to Arnhem" version, so I dumped out an OOB edited it by hand and then loaded it back in to TOAW which promptly crashed. You can certainly adjust the amount of equipment, size and add/delete...
  6. P

Send me a PM or post here if you're interested in BETA testing this. Limitations 1. Can't currently create scenarios. If you dump out an empty "New Scenario" from TOAW, the Editor will automatically create a single Formation and Unit for both forces but nothing else will be set. In fact's...
  7. P

BioEd & Unit 3D Picture Slots...

Thanks. Duly ignored....
  8. P

BioEd & Unit 3D Picture Slots...

Can anyone tell me what's the point of the colours grey, olive, tan and yellow on the P7 tab? Changing the colour for a unit doesn't appear to affect the exported XML at all.
  9. P

TOAW III Equipment Editor

Due to the lack of consensus (I quite like autosave :p), we've now got both... ...default is autosave off and user's choice is saved in the registry.
  10. P

TOAW III Equipment Editor

I'm currently in the process of writing a new Equipment Database Editor. One of the gotchas in the current BioEd is that fact that unless you click on the "Update" button, any changes made to the currently selected item will be lost. So the question is... ...is it preferable to...
  11. P

Modding Classic TOAW Scenarios

Yes. A quick look at the scenario briefing show that there appear to be a number of house rules and TOs. I'll play through "Bitter Victory" first before deciding which one to mod. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions.
  12. P

Yes. I'd forgotten that :) I had taken a brief look but I was sure it was marked for PBEM.
  13. P

Thanks - that's a great help. Crusader 41 is less of a problem for me, I think. I can provide an alternative "Attack" orders track for certain of Rommel's formations based on an "occupation" event. Sicily, however, I am less certain of. After failure at Gela, the best of the Axis troops (HG...
  14. P

Ok - with a bit of luck he'll be along at some point...
  15. P

Having recently gone through the Sicily 43 scenario from the Classic TOAW folder as Allied v. Axis PO, I am looking for some pointers in beefing up the PO's performance. I ended the scenario around Turn 18 (of 42) with an Overwhelming Victory - Patton, I'm afraid, got nowhere near winning the...
  16. P

New TOAW III Equipment Editor

A Windows installer is available for download here. It's not been tested to destruction so caveat emptor as they say. I haven't removed the old "load exe" functionality although it's no longer accesible via the UI.While testing I appeared to have an issue with international characters but as...
  17. P

Bioeditor and Modeling

You can I admit edit Equipment with it but it's provided in a spreadsheet style which is fine for putting in absolute values but the flag bitmasks, for example, are a pain - checkboxes are much easier to work with.
  18. P

Bioeditor and Modeling

Ok things done to date.... 1) Now uses registry entry for TOAW III (i.e. "install to" path) instead of ACOW. 2) Import and Export dialogs now have EQP files as an option (and they're the default). 3) Replaced the annoying VB6 icon (a pet peeve of mine) with a TOAW one. 4) Project/exe...
  19. P

Bioeditor and Modeling

So it does. The link in my document, however, doesn't since that points to http://perso-orange.fr/yves.lr/Bioed/Bioed.htm. That being said, I note that the source code is available for download. Is no-one working on updating it to remove the ACOW EXE dependency? If that is, in fact, the...
  20. P

Bioeditor and Modeling

Ditto on the question. I note that the original author's website linked to from "How to Edit the Equipment Database" seems to be gone. It seems at the very least it could do with a revamp to remove the dependency on the ACOW executables.