Search results

1. Binko

Objective Schmidt on VASL?

If the VASLization process is out of your control then I believe you need to take control since VASL is now the primary means that many use for playing ASL. Consider it an integral part of your products release rather than some special addon that some random volunteer might cobble together at...
  2. Binko

This was six full months ago!
  3. Binko

Thanks for the friendly reply. I'm certainly not trying to be critical or demanding. But most of my play is on VASL and I've been keen to play something big from from Schmidt. My primary opponent and I are just wrapping up a VotG scenario and are almost ready to pick our next battle. :)
  4. Binko

This was back on Feb 7. As someone who doesn't spend a lot on ASL any longer but still buys everything BFP releases I will say that this seems to be taking a remarkably long time. Is there some major sticking point?
  5. Binko

Are the master files for the boards in a higher resolution than printed?

If you scan a board under moderately high resolution and then look at it under high zoom you will see the limitations of the print process. It looks something like when you look at an LED screen under high magnification and see the individual color pixels. You're seeing the limitation of the...
  6. Binko

Some ideas for 6.5

Allow for map magnification without magnifying counters. On a standard VASL map there is often an insane amount of counter congestion and overlap whenever there are a lot of big stacks and/or swarms of AFVs. As it stands you just get the same muddle but bigger when you magnify the map since...
  7. Binko

Operation : Schmidt

My advice is to never refold HASL maps after you carefully do the initial unfolding. I have two pieces of plywood that I put all my OCS and ASL HASL maps between. Then I gently clamp the edges so that they flatten over time.
  8. Binko

Operation : Schmidt

I also had it in my mind as Operation Schmidt. Seems very odd that it's actually called Objective: Schmidt since that is the exact name of the 2nd game in the TCS series https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11756/objective-schmidt
  9. Binko

Warning: VASL game vandalized.

Explained in the 2nd post. Right after our game got nuked I jumped over here to post in order to try to get a warning out and didn't remember that I already had my browser open to the rules forum. Then I reposted it in the main forum, but for some reason this is the place where the discussion...
  10. Binko

It was essentially the online equivalent of walking up to a couple of strangers playing a game and scattering all their pieces. Even a 5 year old should know that this is a seriously wrong thing to do.
  11. Binko

The strange thing was that the entire board was cleared in an instant, even the drag-able overlays that have to be manually selected one by one and won't be included in a big lasso by the mouse. It felt like somebody worked really hard to include everything. When I tried to hit undo something...
  12. Binko

VASL Game Deliberately Vandalized

I don't think so. I could be wrong but I thought the back arrow will only roll back the moves that you make, not the ones your opponents make. But I still tried it and got a bunch of gibberish in the VASL log. Our first thought was that the VASL server was crapping out. I never would have...
  13. Binko

VASL Game Deliberately Vandalized

A friend and I were playing a game on VASL just a few minutes ago when a player using the VASL handle of Rod2 entered the room, deleted everything on the map and said 'hahaha' before leaving. I really didn't think that things like this happened in this small community. My first question is if...
  14. Binko

Damn, I was in a hurry to post and put it in the rules forum, duh! Will move over to the main forum...
  15. Binko

A friend and I were playing a game on VASL just a few minutes ago when a player using the VASL handle of Rod2 entered the room, deleted everything on the map and said 'hahaha' before leaving. I really didn't think that things like this happened in this small community. My first question is if...
  16. Binko

New MMP DASL pack

This is great news. As an older player I really prefer playing DASL for casual FtF games where tall crowded counter stacks are just no fun to deal with. In another 5 or 10 years I might need MMP to re-print all their counters in a 1" variant that can be played on the DASL maps. Then I can keep...
  17. Binko

New MMP DASL pack

It would be a huge surprise if MMP were working on new DASL maps. If they printed new maps I'd assume they would need to reprint the old ones in the new style. This would be a great thing but I was pretty sure they said they had no intention of making new DASL products. And they have so much in...
  18. Binko

MMP: going the way of the Dodo?

In this very forum there is a sticky topic called "MMP Updates" In the first post Chas Argent states, " The purpose of this thread is to have a place for MMP folk to periodically post updates to ASL products in development and production. We will try to keep regular updates flowing as news...
  19. Binko

VASL 6.4.1 beta 6.2 - Colour (or not) your stacks

One thing to remember is that the ASL rules were written for cardboard, face to face play. People have to accept that VASL takes place in an entirely different environment and some things are simply going to be different. There are other areas where more information may be revealed than in...
  20. Binko

VASL 6.4.1 beta1 available now

In other words the only way that making the counters under a stack white would have any relevance would be if both players also disabled the fly out on mouse over option? To my mind a better option is for everybody to accept that VASL is not going to be an exact high-security replica of...