Search results

1. dreenstra

Question on CC Infiltration/Field Promotion

Feel like this has been asked and answered a million times, but I can never remember how to apply it. Situation, German 247 advances into CC with a French 458. No Ambush possible (so CC is non-Sequential), German attack is 1:2, French attack is 2:1. German rolls a 1,3 which is equal to the CC...
  2. dreenstra

SF2 Power Struggle on Provisor and Boat Stacking

Just want to clarify something with the Boat rules. Setting up SF2 Power Struggle as the Americans. All Boats start Beached per SSR. Being Beached, Boats are treated as Vehicles, so is only one Boat counter allowed to setup per hex (even if a hex has multiple water hexsides), per the Stacking...
  3. dreenstra

RB Terrain Transforms break LOS string

I'm using the RB Terrain Transforms to mark certain Factories as Gutted for RB2 Blood & Guts. When I add these, the LOS string stops snapping center dot to center dot. Anyone else seeing this?
  4. dreenstra

Seeking Opponent(s) for Festung Budapest VASL PBEM

I still haven't played all of the scenarios in this box. Would like to find an opponent (or 2-3) that would be interested in playing through all of them in succession. It's a serious commitment, but I can promise to turn around log files quickly. Shoot me a PM if interested. Cheers, Dave
  5. dreenstra

Cost for Leaving Elevated Road

Fairly simple question, but what is the cross to leave an Elevated Road hex across a non-road hexside? In the attached pic, what does it cost the T-34 to move from 13Y9 to Z9? B5.42 states, "Tracked vehicles may enter or leave an Elevated Road hex through a non-road hexside at a MP cost...
  6. dreenstra

Central Location for VASL Bugs?

Hey all, is this the best place to report VASL bugs/issues/wishes? If there isn't and it's best to just report them here, a couple of things I've noticed lately: Motorcycle counters don't have the option to add a Motion counter either through the Move sub-menu or by pressing CTRL+o Is anyone...
  7. dreenstra

Does Ambush drm for Pinned apply to OT vehicles?

An OT vehicle is fired upon inflicting a NMC on the crew which they pass by rolling equal to their morale, so they are Pinned. Are the penalties in A7.82 (+2 to TH, halving of MG/IFE/Canister/FT, no ROF) the only penalties? Or would the +1 Ambush drm also apply? I'm confused by this last...
  8. dreenstra

Night Detection Q

An enemy leader uses AM to enter the location of a Cloaked stack. How is this handled? E1.43 states, "LOSS: Cloaked status is lost, and replaced by its unconcealed actual contents (if any), for any situation that would cause one or more of its units to lose concealment at night (1.31; 1.72)...
  9. dreenstra

VASL PBEM Wanted

Hey all, got a few games on the table but I find I have room for a few more. Willing to play anything, any experience level. Send me a PM. Cheers, Dave
  10. dreenstra

Spreading Blaze 2019 AAR

Spreading Blaze 2019 was played a couple of weekends ago. I’m impressed with how this tournament has grown over the years, with many thanks due to TDs Gary Bartlett and Brent Crawford. These two have worked tirelessly to take this tournament from a local meeting of 8 guys to a strong regional...
  11. dreenstra

VASL Setup File for ASL 203 Hard Rok?

Has anyone created a setup file for this scenario yet? I'm having a bit of trouble getting the boards to align/crop properly using VASL 6.4.4.
  12. dreenstra

Looking for PBEM game(s)

Hey all, I’ve got a few slots on the old virtual tabletop open that I’m looking to fill. Will play just about anything but particularly interested in playing through all the Festung Budapest scenarios in order. Drop me a PM if interested and we will pick something out. Cheers, Dave
  13. dreenstra

Looking for VASL Game(s) - PBEM or Live

Open to playing anything, willing to teach. Primarily VASL PBEM but open to some Live play as well, schedules permitting. PM me. Cheers, Dave