Search results

1. T

Dumbass Hindrance questions

hi guys, ever play something so much you get fouled up? Well Jim and I did on Saturday I think. Playing in very heavy mist, so a +1 hindrance in every hex (roughly). So, if a unit assault moves in open ground, even if only one hex from firer, does he: - remain concealed? - get a +1 or 0...
  2. T

OVHS Gun Question

Hi Guys, Like in most CGs, during refit, you can only move a GUN 3 hexes from where it was previously (unless hooked up). We are playing that it CAN be moved even if set up in fortified location. RB has a special rule that prohibits this , but dont see one in OVHS. Anyone have a problem...
  3. T

SFF with a MG (I know I played THIS wrong)

Yes.> ....Perry MMP
  4. T

Losing HIP at Night

Hi Guys, Geesh, can you tell I am getting ready to play then 19Night scenario in OVHS? 8) I will be setting up infantry and guns HIP in NON-Concealment terrain. When will they lose their HIP status? (I think only when they fire, move or an enemy unit enters their location) But need to be...
  5. T

Can you do 'concealment bump' into fortified location

Hi Guys, If I have say a ? with two squads underneath it in a fortified building hex, can my opponent enter the hex to see if i am 'real?' If they were unconcealed, he could never enter the hex in the first place.
  6. T

Unloading in bypass of a fortified building location

The question has been asked: What happens if PRC of a vehicle in Bypass of a Fortified Building Location (occupied by a Good Order unpinned armed enemy squad) unload/bailout/survive destruction of their vehicle? The answer is that the ex-PRC are "in the terrain of the vehicle's CAFP for...
  7. T

PS on LOS to Target Question

>Can we please have a ruling stating that I need LOS to a >non-Aerial Location in the hex to be able to fire ATT. You must. So let it be written, so let it be played. ....Perry re-posted from ASLML
  8. T

Perry Sez on Out of the Attic Errata

Scenario errata for Out of the Attic scenarios: OA11 Crocodile Rock: the balances are reversed. OA14 Across the Aisne and into the Freineux: In the U.S. setup the four M5A1s of the 83rd Reconaissance Battalion set up south of hexrow R and the two Shermans of 2nd Platoon set up with their CA...
  9. T

Perry Sez on RB Perimeter

O11.4 CG9 Are the German entry hexes indicated in CG9 considered, on the dates given for those hexes, "Front Line Locations" regardless of whether they are German-Controlled? (For example, is hex A22 always considered a Front Line Location on October 20, even if the Russian Controls...
  10. T

Kangaroos and firegroups (OVHS related)

Hi Guys, I think i know the answer, but.... Kangaroos are NOT considered halftracks, but can they firegroup with either infantry passengers or infantry in same hex??
  11. T

OVHS - Smoke is crucial-why no SSR?

Hi Kevin and John S, Have another question for ya that is even more important. As I begin to figure out my attack plan as the Canadian, and reading several historical references covering this battle, I am extremely concerned. In the designer notes, John writes: "the Canadians, in order to...
  12. T

OVHS - Turn One of CG, Canadian Creeping Barrages:

HI Guys, Any designers (JOhn, Ken, etc) out there? CG - Initial Scenario Special Rules: I.2 The Canadians receive three 100+mm Creeping Barrages (E12.7) which begin on turn 1. So, does that supersede E12.72 where you must draw a chit and roll to see if the barrage starts 'on time' or...
  13. T

Holy Crap!! Many have been playing IR's wrong! (Perry sez)

Perry Says: > -----Original Message----- > From: Jeff Sewall [SMTP:jeff_sewall@sbcglobal.net] > Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 10:50 AM > To: ASL List > Subject: ASL: Fw: Perry sez on IR > > > > > Can a mortar fire IR during the opponent's MPh,similar to a...