Search results

1. M

Should Out-of-Print Scenarios be freely available?

Send payment with $4 postage for one or two issues, and $6 for all three to: WCW c/o Louie Tokarz 5724 W. 106th St. Chicago Ridge, IL 60415 Make checks payable to WCW. This is for US orders. Overseas is case by case, the postaget thing is a killer for over seas orders, these things are...
  2. M

Should Out-of-Print Scenarios be freely available?

Gents, ASL Stuff, ASL Junk, and ASL Thing are still availible from the WCW. $3, $3 and $5, or all three for $10. Louie
  3. M

WCW 1-10 Scenario Pack

Scott, What you call stubborn, most people would actually call having a backbone. Don't forget to check your wind gage before you write. You were in Iraq? Did Tabby get any pics? Louie "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything." - Bruce Springsteen
  4. M

WCW 1-10 Scenario Pack

WCW is not dead The club still exsits, it is not dead. :) No one wants to do the work, that's all. Unlike others we had premission in writing from AH to print the WCW color scenarios. Scott, With all due respect, 'Eye of the Tiger' and 'Stand and Die' are as much Rob's and Mine as they are...
  5. M

WCW ASL Stuff, Junk and Thing still available

Thanks Fred: The Web site's server is now - like many others - out of business. That makes 4 since we started the web site years ago. Good thing we have a domain name now. Jack is looking for a new server, hopefully one that will stay in business for a while.
  6. M

What makes a Good ASL Product?

"A given"? :roll:
  7. M

What makes a Good ASL Product?

Well designed/developed, Balanced, replayable scenarios that don't take more then 6 hours to play. A couple long ones, isn't bad if there are 12 or more scenarios.
  8. M

V2 Rulebook - how important?

Hey Fred, check your AVATAR, it is way to long and moves every post to the right of the monitor screen! About v1 or v2. Depends how serious you are about playing in tournaments and such. I'd stick with v1 unless you find it annoying not knowing all the changes. Of course there is no place to...
  9. M

PUZZLE #4

Here is one that Rob submitted back in the day: Puzzle SSR: 1. June, 1944. EC are moderate with no wind. 2. The 76L U.S. AT Gun is HIP. 3. It is the German movement phase. The four German Panther tanks must use Convoy Movement toward hex I1 and cannot disband until they have an LOS to an...
  10. M

Preferred Tournament Format

I think that the ASLOK 'open gaming' tournament style was the best, BEFORE the glut of the mini-T's was established. The last few ASLOK's I attended, I found myself waiting around much to often for someone with a similar record to play against. This was never a problem in the early days (first...
  11. M

Beserk Charge and Prisoners

Yes, I meant Location, shame on me for not speacking in ASL lingo, I know better then that. :) I would say if the the gaurd goes Berserk before having a chance to kill them in a Fire Phase, he would just 'drop' them ala SW, although that doesn't make much sense does it. I mean, he'll kill...
  12. M

Seems clear enough to me. If prisoners are in the Berserkers hex, the Berserkers will kill them, otherwise (if NOT in their hex) they ignore them. If the only unit is a prisoner unit in the Berserkers LOS, the prisoner is still NOT a KEU and the Berserker will lose his Berserker status after...
  13. M

Look at the definition of 'KEU' in the index, that's where you'll find the answer. Prisoners are not KEU's.
  14. M

PUZZLES #3

Good call Brian, I knew there was a reason surrender wouldn't work. :wink: The rulebook says Berserkers don't charge prisoners. Anyway, good answers all around, great discussion on this puzzle.
  15. M

PUZZLES #3

Doh! I forgot the broken squad would turn into a prisoner counter. Berserkers don't charge prisoners.
  16. M

PUZZLES #3

The Hero is the best of the HOB options.
  17. M

PUZZLES #3

ANSWER ANSWER The tank driving into the celler and having the crew survive is one option. German HOB is the next. Unless I missing something, the Berserk squad will charge the last know location that had a unit in it, from there he'll see the German squad that surrendered and continue his...
  18. M

PUZZLES #3

Re: RE: I don't think it's possible to rubble the hex even with a CH. Check out C3.73 Matt's answer is good, but there is a HOB result that gives you a better chance.
  19. M

PUZZLES #3

Hubbs, He 'can' be held in Melee by the tank, 'but' only 'after' the CC phase which in this case there wouldn't be becuase the squad would either rout away or die for failure to rout away. You imply that the Melee would be automatic once the tank enters the hex, it wouldn't. Glad you like...
  20. M

PUZZLES #3

Sorry Fred, I never said the point was to find the most lilkely result. Any result will do. :wink: Of course the more likely a result, the better your chance of success. And if you can try more then one result your odds increase even more.