Search results

1. Anonymous

Viet Nam ASL

Gents, I've recently seen a draft set of rules, counters, and scenarios for a Viet Nam ASL module. Although this comment sounds like an announcement, it is designed more to get your feedback on the subject of Viet Nam and ASL as a whole. Korea ASL is well on it's way. What about Viet Nam? I...
  2. Anonymous

Kindling attempt.

Is a failed kindling attempt treated as and marked by a prep fire counter or a labor/TI counter or both?
  3. Anonymous

Hindrance/smoke discharge

Good morning to everybody, I've this answer: a moving Stug III place a sD in his exe. Due to the "moving status", does this smoke give hindrance to a moving unit in the same MPH? Furthermore: a moving unit with a leader were shoted by enemy fire. Well, the result was a k/2. We made first the...
  4. Anonymous

B1F question - Can it be done after all MP expended?

1) Is an AFV which has spent it's last MP in MPh eligible to fire? 2) Re: MA and AFV inherent MG, can the AFV fire MA, then some other AFV fire MA and then come back to AFV #1 and fire BMG/CMG? Or do all eligilble weapons need to be fired during that AFV's movement? Thanks.
  5. Anonymous

HIP Question

If Russian 8-1/447/MMG set up in HIP status, can the 447 fire its inherent FP, yet the 8-1 & MMG remain HIP? How about if the 8-1 directs the fire of the 447, can the MMG stay HIP? Thanks
  6. Anonymous

A12.12 Offboard Concealment Setup

Hi all, Got this Perry Sez recently: > Rule:A12.12 > Question:When is non-OB given concealment placed on a unit setting up offboard to enter: during setup to enter in the RPh, or immediately before entering the map (i.e., in IT\'s MPh [or APh, if so allowed])? > > At the start of...
  7. Anonymous

Withdraw from Melee

Based on my re-reading of the Withdraw from Melee, only a unit currently under a Melee counter may attempt this. In the index, it states that Melee exists between 2 units after the CCPh has been completed. From this I gather that a unit cannot advance into CC and try to withdraw in that same...
  8. Anonymous

BATTLE HARDENING LEADER AND MC

QUESTION A broken leader (9-1) and an unbroken squad is fired on is fired on resulting in a 1MC the leader rolls first and rolls a 2 (+1 to 3) he does not break again, but the 2 results in battle hardening he rolls a 7 (+1 for being broken = 8) so he is is upgraded to a 9-2 leader. (but he is...
  9. Anonymous

CC and DRMs

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but can't find it in the rules (or errata or perry sez). In fact the perry sez states it should be clear from the rules. CC where 2 attacker squads are present of which one is CX. 1 Defender Squad is present. If the Attacker chooses to combine his squads...
  10. Anonymous

Squad fire vs unarmored facing of AFV's

When a squad fires Inherent FP to an Unarmored Target Facing of an AFV, the crew is treated as Unprotected (D5.311), but can it harm the AFV treating it as an Unarmored Vehicle using the star line in the IFT, or is is the AFV inmune anyway?
  11. Anonymous

Can I fire MA/CMG/BMG in same Mph or in AdvFp after sD use?

Hi all, I know I cannot use the smoke discharger after firing MA, but can I smoke first and fire later? It is dispersed lvl 2 smoke for sD right?
  12. Anonymous

CC reaction fire v VBM question

Gents I wonder if you could confirm whether I have interpreted the following situation correctly: A BU afv VBMs an infantry unit and 9-1 smc in a single storey building. The infantry unit has first fired its possessed HMG while creating a firelane earlier in the phase. The infantry unit and...
  13. Anonymous

Stream Bog

We have an amphib vehicle exiting a deep stream that bogs. Checking rules, it seems that the vehicle bogs in the stream hex. Is this correct? If so, what do you do with a Bogged amphib, ie, can you unbog, are you merely assumed to be in the stream hex until the next MPh, or what?
  14. Anonymous

The Puma Prowls Questions (armor newbies)

The Puma Prowls Questions: Hi, we're a couple of newbies learning armor rules. :? 1)XOP overstack entrance: How EXACTLY are Tom Repetti's Russians coming in on turn 1 overstacked in bypass without spending too many MPs? (2nd T-70 to enter EE5) in his masterful XOP? Can I have a full route...
  15. Anonymous

Marsh question and CC

A unit cannot advance into a marsh in the advance phase. Therefore it appears that CC can never occur in a marsh hex. Is this right or was this changed in the second edition, which I don't have. :?:
  16. Anonymous

Subsequent fire/unarmed unit

Good mornig I have this problem: one unit marked with First Fire, adiacent to a building where others units are hlod in C.C., would like to use Subsequent First Fire against a unit moving in his los at distance of three hexes. Question: how a have to consider the unit holded in C.C.? I mean: a...
  17. Anonymous

HIP and bocage

9.55 : "If an infantry unit has set up using HIP solely due to being in a location behind a bocage hexside, ..." 12.3 : " A SSR may allow HIP for one or more units" Is rule 9.55 an exception to rule 12.3? Can infantry always set up HIP behind Bocage even if the SSR doesn't mention it ?
  18. Anonymous

tunnels

Hi, I was wondering if tunnels can be joined together in RB to make continous tunnel movement a possability as long as you pay for them. Thus 6 hexes ( 2 tunnels) would require 60 FFP.. etc any ideas ??
  19. Anonymous

Flamethrowers and SMOKE

A simple question. I'm pretty sure of the answer, but. . . A flamethrower attack isn't affected by TEM (EXC: pillbox, non-CA), but is affected by 'LOS hindrances' (A22.2). So, a flamethrower attack is affected by a DRM if it goes out of, through or into a hex with SMOKE. Right? (I feel bad...
  20. Anonymous

VBM and hedges

Gents, I wish to bypass a woods hex with my AC. Here is my question. Hex "A" is a woods hex. There is a hedge between Hex "A" and Hex "B" (the hexside that I am bypassing). There is plenty of room between hedge and woods depiction. My opponent beleives that I must pay hedge cost in bypass...