Search results

1. G

Starship Combat Systems

Thanks for the LINK! Yes, I am quite familiar with those BIG 'BOATS' models, as I used to see them WAYYYYYY up on the top shelf at the "American Eagles" Hobby Shop in Seattle! I've even seen a 'scratch-built' 1/72nd scale "U.S.S. Montana" fully motorized and designed large enough for someone to...
  2. G

Starship Combat Systems

Wow! Funny you should mention this. Some weeks ago, I was in the process of bidding on a couple of the Books shown on the site. One was for the Rules and the other was a "Ship Stats" type. They both went for around $6 EACH, and NOW I see that you can get them some more! very kewl! I have been...
  3. G

Coming changes to the forums

"...and with a grain of Salt" I'd have to agree with Aries & the "Sheik" about the 'UN-conformity' to a "professional" scene! I like the 'informal' means of displaying an "individuality" NOT like how the 'Armed Services' are so ANAL about being 'uniform'! I may have to include my 'signature' of...
  4. G

Gods and Generals review and reactions?

I concur with your 'assessment' Yes, I too would have to agree with you about this movie and there's STILL the '3rd' part of it to be released sometime next year I believe! In a way, it's almost as if Tarentino directed these, since the timeline's are out of sync, since you have the...
  5. G

Computer Grognards: Ever Wanted a Dream Job?

What's the '411' on this for now? So, has anyone responded to this "Job Offer"? It sounds pretty interesting and I was just wondering about it since I certainly could use a decent paying job. As for relocating, I'm all for it, although I'd prefer somewhere even further East & South than the...
  6. G

Warfare HQ and Armchair General to join forces with new forum!

It's to be expected, but NOT necessarily TOLERATED In any of these 'Public' forums, you can certainly expect the usual amount of 'trolling', 'baiting', 'disagreements', etc. and as long as it's done in a CIVIL manner, then I'd suppose that it's alright. But, outright 'flaming' is something that...
  7. G

What part of history would you like to see made into a film?

Yes, 'Grognard' is the correct spelling for everyone that considers themselves 'one', but GROGnads is the 'name' that I've chosen, to stand apart from ALL of 'them', although I'd consider myself to be 'one' of 'them' as well! Not too many people are willing to submit themselves to my...
  8. G

Warfare HQ and Armchair General to join forces with new forum!

In agreement on the 'Posts' I'd have to agree with Aries about it being more important with the 'content' and not the 'count-up' of the 'Posts' and the folks making them. On the "Avalon Hill" forum, I'm the most 'Senior' member with the MOST 'Posts' and also one of the longest lasting members...
  9. G

Best & Worst Second World War Movies ever made?

Can I get a mention on these? Okay, what about "The Dambusters", and another I believe was "501 Squadron"(sp?)? I too remember going to the Theater to see "The Battle of Britain" when I was a kid and it was wonderful! Just a few years ago and every few years, they would 'fly' a He-111 and a...
  10. G

Correction! I believe you are speaking of Peter O'Toole and it IS a "Great" one! "Shout at the Devil" is also another 'one' while it's supposed to take place in 'East Africa' prior to WW-1! I'd really like to see a decent Movie depiction of the Germans in WW-1 defending their 'East African...
  11. G

What games did you play way back when....

Well, prior to High School... I got 'started' in my Wargaming when I was just 13 in 1971 after we moved to Lansing, Michigan from Seattle Washington, but before that, I had 'seen' "Anzio" in 1969 since my neighbor had the game. They also 'introduced' us(my family's kids) to "Diplomacy" in 1969...
  12. G

I have to agree with that Yes, it seemed to ME that they were depicting "Guildford Courthouse" with Nathanial Greene in Command of the 'Colonials' in the Mel Gibson Movie "The Patriot". There was also another more recently based movie with Steven Seagal called "The Patriot" but it's NO...
  13. G

Your favorite setting for wargames

I don't know WHY? I have a tendency to side with the "North African" Campaign and even the "Italian East African" one as well. I usually even base my purchases of Models, Games, and such on that aspect, although I do have many for the other 'Theatres' as well, my main focus is on the "Afrika...