Search results

1. T

Blood Reef: Tarawa SASL Update

I'm interested as well, good timing I have BR:Tarawa on the way from eBay.
  2. T

Wanting to make Hex-maps; need HexDraw License Key

Any luck, I'd like to get/purchase a license as well.
  3. T

LOSData File Format

I've updated the app to support multi board maps and also rotation. Only thing left is offset maps, like S25. Can rip through a 2 board map in 10 minutes!
  4. T

LOSData File Format

I spent some time with my app and managed to cut down the time by a good margin, and it's more accurate! There are rare occasions (when the blocking terrain is right near the edge of a hex) where I was incorrectly determining there wasn't LOS when there is. The speedup is due to a change I...
  5. T

LOSData File Format

Amazing stuff, could you talk a little about the process, what software you are using, etc? Very curious...
  6. T

LOSData File Format

C++ version is done and much faster. bd01 took 54 minutes. With some of the optimizations suggested in this thread I'm sure I can cut it down a lot more leaving headroom for multi board maps.
  7. T

LOSData File Format

This explains a lot. 1800 / 32 (the 32 being how many hexes there are horizontally, 31 + 2 halves) == 56.25. That explains the "loss" of 1 pixel every 5 hexes. The vertical 64.5 per hex for vertical spacing explains needing to add a pixel every 2 hexes vertically. What is causing me issues...
  8. T

LOSData File Format

Interesting data point on the VASL pixel maps for geomorphic boards. I assumed there was equal spacing between the centers of hexes in both horiz/vert. It doesn't seem to be the case. Assuming 56 pixels in the horizontal and 64 in the vertical between LOS centers (measured in a drawing...
  9. T

LOSData File Format

This was helpful thanks! My python code I was doing that correctly, I forgot to bring over to my C program the byte counting and grabbing the length once it had gone to 0. And yeah, it seems to be 5 bytes 0x7a and then 4 bytes of size.
  10. T

LOSData File Format

Once I have this ported I'm going to go over all of your suggestions, there's a lot to mine in there for optimizations. Thanks for all of it!
  11. T

LOSData File Format

I'm doing some optimizations and also re-writing in C++. The parts that are done are crazy fast now. :) In re-writing I think I found that I may be doing something fundamentally wrong. This is reading the image and then writing out the Java serialized data so there could be another level to...
  12. T

LOSData File Format

I have all this info already in a separate file for each board! This is an excellent idea. Although I feel like I'd still have to parse the line to determine which hexes are intersected. Although this could (and now I'm thinking should) be pre-calculated. It's always the same for a single...
  13. T

LOSData File Format

Totally agree. Any optimizations here would carry over nicely. Possibly allowing me to do multi-board easily. :) Wow, this is some good stuff. I'm not sure I totally grok the math of it yet, unless the idea is just to have a static table where if LOS from X to Y is blocked, others in a...
  14. T

LOSData File Format

Exactly, yeah. I'd like to try having to process combined boards and use the individual boards as laid out for the scenario. If I end up porting to C (which is starting to seem likely) this may not be too much of a concern. I have a feeling it is going to be WAY faster. My original AI engine...
  15. T

LOSData File Format

When there is a bug yeah, it stinks. When adding Brush support I let it run and of course there was a syntax error after writing it out. The script is such now that I can test with only a few entries and ensure the writing out logic works at least. Yes, I'm checking terrain type (colors...
  16. T

LOSData File Format

Definitely some optimizations. This python script generates output that I load into my 'C' program so everything is cached as to not affect performance. It's just this one time pass to generate the data that is such a long hit. I haven't figured out how I will do multi-mapboards though...
  17. T

LOSData File Format

I updated this script not too long ago, so I'm posting it here. The changes are: Way simpler logic for handling LOS Determines all intersected hexes between src and target Supports determining LOS intersected grain hexes Supports determining LOS intersected brush hexes Removed some functions...
  18. T

3rd edition in the making?

There's a post on FB about it. I do hope it happens! https://www.facebook.com/groups/27083456599/posts/10160416461591600/
  19. T

LOSData File Format

Thank you Doug, super helpful! Especially the terrainTypes. I was looking all over the code, so in the totally wrong place!
  20. T

LOSData File Format

No rush at all Doug, and thank you. Hope your power comes back soon!