Search results

1. Bad Dice

Stalnie Prostori CG

Welcome back. We're still south of Prokhorovka and the SS are still into the Russians. Here are some screenies. The Russian line in this sector is in disarray. The SS like that, when Russians are in disarray. It's causing a problem for the collection of Prisoners, however. The SS are apparently...
  2. Bad Dice

Stalnie Prostori CG

I don't know of anyone who has done something similar, but I cobbled together a kinda-sorta HASL which attempted to recreate/simulate the Soviet drive west post-Kursk. Maps were generated at random, per dr/DR. The OB for both sides was also kinda sorta random as well; but either side could...
  3. Bad Dice

Stalnie Prostori CG

Folks, Having connived (mostly by asking) Dennis Hess to play the Stalnie Prostori CG with me, I was reminded by him the other day that I was supposed to be composing an AAR of the event. Dennis was good enough to accede to my request to play SP, so I was more or less obligated to follow...
  4. Bad Dice

Major Help Needed

Will do. Stand by. BD
  5. Bad Dice

Scenario packs we could use!

A friend and I are working on a Nisei pack. I think a Gurhka pack would also be cool. BD
  6. Bad Dice

Singling CG

Folks, I have volunteered myself to play Dennis Hess in the Singling CG. Nascent guilt was part of the motivation, my dice beat him up pretty handily when we played Cold Crocodiles. My inability to say 'No' also played a part. Dennis was looking for an opponent and I found out and... there we...
  7. Bad Dice

ASL Newb

Find an opponent who is as willing to teach as he is to win. That same person should also be of the sort who doesn't mind correcting (to your advantage) mistakes you might make in terms of calculating modifiers and TEM and so forth. BD
  8. Bad Dice

ASL Etiquette

ISTR that somewhere in the rules it says that you in fact have to. Then again, even if it doesn't it's still good etiquette. BD
  9. Bad Dice

Singling American advise

We are I suppose to be playing the campaign. I don't know if that's the MMP scenario. Better minds than mine will be able to answer that question. BD
  10. Bad Dice

ASL Etiquette

It was nothing, really. BD
  11. Bad Dice

Singling American advise

A friend and I like to write song parodies to ASL themes. Today on FB said friend reminded me that I had written one for Singling, to the tune of 'Wild Thing'. So, because no one asked for it: SINGLING Singling Gotta take buildings At least it's not raining Or wet I said, Singling...
  12. Bad Dice

Singling American advise

Thanks BD
  13. Bad Dice

ASL Etiquette

An opponent did that to me once, purely because he was temporarily lost in the moment. I admit that a couple of times I have had to restrain myself as I asked 'what's under that question mark?'. BD
  14. Bad Dice

Singling American advise

Yeah. Read up on both last night. Interestingly, I've done more GD than I have used tanks with Gyros. Oughta be interesting. Learning experience for both of us, I think. BD
  15. Bad Dice

ASL Etiquette

Same here, at least as far as setting up goes. I supply coffee and/or beer, as appropriate. I tend to think of game day as a social gathering. We could be watching a movie or a baseball game or whatever, we just happen to be playing ASL instead. Food is usually up to the individual, however. BD
  16. Bad Dice

Singling American advise

Bumping again. I am apparently going to be the Amis in this one. BD
  17. Bad Dice

ASL Etiquette

Nothing specific, mostly in-game stuff such as has been referred to already. I allow eating at the gaming table, as do my opponents, but I hope we all have the common courtesy to wash our hands before resuming play. I don't want to be responsible for getting grease (or anything else) on my...
  18. Bad Dice

ASL Etiquette

Beyond the commonplace notions of good sportsmanship, etc. what are considered to be items of good ASL etiquette? I ask because of something that struck me while watching the ASL In Real Time videos, regarding the tracing of LOS. BD
  19. Bad Dice

ASL Superstitions

Not a superstition per se, but something I like to do is name my SMC when playing VASL. I also like to give the names a theme. Started a VASL game with a friend, named my SMC Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Mitchell, and Dean. Generated a hero, named him Cox. I avoid taking Prisoners unless I absolutely...
  20. Bad Dice

Trailers in Bypass

Maybe that's what I was thinking of, towing guns. Thanks. BD