Search results

1. Del

ASL Scandinavian Open 2024, February 28 - March 3 2024

Thanks to Bo and Michael for another amazing tournament. I saw the last few moves of the final, heartbreaking stuff for Arnaud as he threw everything including the kitchen sink at the Marine lines.
  2. Del

How is your 2024 Year in ASL going?

Or rum… I already packed a bottle of 23 year old Xacapa… 👍
  3. Del

How is your 2024 Year in ASL going?

My 2024 ASL year is about to get a whole lot better, with the Scandinavian Open starting tomorrow. Three days gaming with fine people, what more could you want?
  4. Del

Not so much an AAR as an attempt to gain catharsis

It varies between “totally dry” to “right up to the edge of the road” depending on rainfall. And being Australia, rainfall is often a case of “all or nothing”.
  5. Del

Which are the AFV heavy CGs?

Interesting that there are very few wrecks in the village itself, most are in the fields and orchards on either side. I’m guessing that no sane tank commander wants to be trapped in a narrow street environment if they can avoid it.
  6. Del

Supporting Fire 2023, 17-19 November

And it was a damn good tournament! Unfortunately I didn’t have a chance to play Toumo, but I did play five great games against five great opponents. Thanks again to Andreas and the other Round Directors. And thanks to those I played, after I got home I was thinking that one of the great things...
  7. Del

Broken Bamboo SSR2

A question on how to interpret SSR2 in ASL156 Broken Bamboo. “If at the end of any Player Turn the British have amassed greater than or equal to 4CVP and more CVP than the Japanese, then Japanese treat all “attack” breaks (G1.12) as “other breaks” (G1.13) for the duration of the scenario.” Is...
  8. Del

J237 Commandos at Kaiapit AAR

Played this last night against Michael H-L as the Australians. Michael (as expected ) pulled every Japanese trick out of the book but I slowly pushed him back to the village with a hook up each flank. The last turn saw a desperate effort to take and control three hut hexes, a 24-1 shot and Smoke...
  9. Del

Thought so. Great AAR by the way! 😀
  10. Del

About to play this and by PTO rules the road doesn’t exist and the bridge is a “dry” ford. However the setup instructions mention printed road hex’s, presumably only for setup purposes, otherwise Open Ground? This AAR certainly seemed to have the bridge as a bridge, not a ford.
  11. Del

Albany Tournament December 1st-4th All TD Communications Here

Playing Michael is always a pleasure, even though the wins are very few and far between! And I ALWAYS learn something when we play.
  12. Del

Supporting Fire 2022, 18-20 November

So how did it end? Did Mel win again! 😂
  13. Del

Supporting Fire 2022, 18-20 November

Starting today, wish I could be there with you all! Have a great tournament and Roll Low! 🎲🎲
  14. Del

SF4 LIGHT 'EM UP

Nice AAR! Great pictures. We played this recently as well. Went down to the last CC, with the Japanese eking out a victory with 2 HS and a leader alive in the factory, while the flames consumed pretty much the whole central area.
  15. Del

ASL Bell Tolls

Really sad to hear this. I lost touch with Håkan when he stopped playing ASL, but I enjoyed many games with him back when he was working in Denmark and miss his “enthusiastic” approach to accepting the vagaries of dice! Yet another loss to the ASL community.
  16. Del

Supporting Fire 2021 November 19-21

Funny, I got a case of the man-flu on Tuesday after the tournament as well. Still coughing but also C19 negative! Thanks again for running a brilliant show, fantastic to see so many old friends and some newer ones, and hope to see everyone again next year. 😀
  17. Del

Identify the AT Gun

Steven Zaloga in ‘The Devil’s Garden’ pages 79-81 has several pictures of these pedestal-mounted 50mm AT guns (5cm KwK Behelfssockellafette). From 1942 on about 1800 were used for coastal defense.
  18. Del

Supporting Fire 2021 November 19-21

I will ease some of the tension by revealing that I didn’t win it! 😀 Many thanks to Andreas and the other Round Directors for yet another fantastic weekend of fun and cardboard mayhem. And many thanks as well to my five opponents who were all great to play!
  19. Del

New challenge

Funny, I thought the exact opposite! If someone is firing a HMG with 850 rpm I would want to be very sure of which part of the woods I was walking in! 😬
  20. Del

Do any of you guys remember this game?

I had a copy in Australia during the seventies. No idea what happened to it unfortunately.