Search results

1. The Purist

#74: Dinant Day 2

Take a close read of the rules on fire spreading, gents. Fire spreads much slower in this CG. Do the same with the LOS rules for the RR underpasses. The LOS is actually quite restrictive (requiring the LOS to contain the grey road art work on both sides to be clear).
  2. The Purist

New Comp - Saved Game Issues

3.5.8 will be the choice. Will advise. As always,.... thanks for the assist. Edit: Game seems to be working fine with 3.5.8. Thanks again.
  3. The Purist

Ah! Appears to be a ton of "do not have extension loaded..." messages, which is strange. I had all the files copied to the new comp but should have only needed the main VASL/VASSAL programs. First set of errors are: Bad Data in Module: Source: bd49.gif Error: Image not found. Turn on the...
  4. The Purist

Sorry for the delay in response. Versions downloaded are: VASL 3.6.5 VASSAL 6.6.2
  5. The Purist

G'day gents New comp after a crash and I have loaded the game. However, when I load a saved game file for a PbEM game the board does not show up, juts the counters on a white background. There is an overlay involved so I am not sure if that is the issue. Need some help as my opps are waiting...
  6. The Purist

#62 - Cibik's Ridge

The Marines are not steathy so the Japanese would bounce upon entry to US hexes instead of the US remaining HIP and getting a potential TPBF. See: G.4 Detection - ...unit(s) consist(s) only of hidden, Stealthy Infantry...
  7. The Purist

E11.5 Columns and A4.5 Double Time

May Infantry units in a Column (E11.5) use Double Time (A4.5) while moving along a Path/Road? Along a path in (Dense) Jungle (G2)? My reading of E11.5 - .52 seems to allow it. Further, I could not see any additional movement cost for moving in Column along a Path in Wood or Jungle. Is this...
  8. The Purist

Immobilised Vehicles and Smoke Dispensers and MP Expenditure

This came up in this morning's game. An immobilised vehicle can no longer move/change VCA but does it retain its full MP allotment? D13.2 (Smoke Dispensers) requires the expenditure of 1 MP but does said immobilised vehicle have any to use? :unsure: We figured yes but D8.1 and 13.2 does not...
  9. The Purist

#57: Gut Punch and an Interview with Jim

Athelstan you "ain't". :rolleyes: Git yur inglsh korekt, gawl dangit. Another fun episode. Jim's website is a an excellent resource.
  10. The Purist

NVR 0, Tanks and Illumination

Chapter E's night rules note that at night with an NVR of 0 a vehicle must be CE to move but does not note whether an illuminated hex would remove this requirement. Likewise, illumination does seem to cancel the +1 MP per hex for vehicles at night. Would moving in an illuminated location...
  11. The Purist

Hollow Legions reprint, Will you play the desert?

Don't worry, Steve. there are plenty who will have the game and Chapter F is in the p and e RBs. Let me know when you want to try a game and I'll make the time (being retired and all).
  12. The Purist

Latest MMP release

Weren't there a few small overlays in GIAoV (numbered iirc) that were reprinted later? :unsure:
  13. The Purist

Hollow Legions reprint, Will you play the desert?

I agree 100%. The desert is a totally different environment that was fought over for three years. To leave other theatres (incl. PTO/CBI) out of the game would have seen far less game play. Like the PTO, to learn the DTO simply requires a bit of time. With repetition the rules become easier...
  14. The Purist

RPT168 Belgian Centurions

Hi Rob, I had the same thought when I looked at the Chinese OoB. If the UN forces can get behind the Chinese and keep the Centurions front AF to the Baz 44, there is little the Chinese could do but rush the tanks. The Belgian infantry seems capable enough to support the tanks provided they...
  15. The Purist

Will there Ever Be an Official 1947-49 Arab-Israeli War pack?

One thing that will be interesting will be the substantial increase in the firepower and TK #s of tanks (to say nothing of wire guided missiles if 73 is ever done). Post-war, the early/mid-50s, saw gun power climb sharply such that almost every hit would be a kill. The advent of the T-54/55 and...
  16. The Purist

#55: Castles on the Horizon

One thought I had on the world championship would similar to the "Ryder's Cup" we copied for golf in Saudi Arabia. For those who do not know the tournament is Us vs planet earth. In the preliminary rounds each country/region could host a couple or three qualifying tournaments (perhaps via VASL)...
  17. The Purist

#55: Castles on the Horizon

That's a good one. I'd play it in a second. But then I like tanks,...so,....
  18. The Purist

RPT168 Belgian Centurions

Three Strikes and You're Out Every once in a while one plays a scenario where everything just works and the VASL dice bot cooperates exactly when needed. While I am not a huge fan of FW (never bought) I have played two scenarios now, both in tournaments. What follows below is one of the...
  19. The Purist

Cloaking at Night moving within NVR

Any of the CGs will help you learn the night rules. I completed VotG earlier this year and Dinant as the Germans more recently. You'll learn the night rules alright. :p
  20. The Purist

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Finished both A61 Across the Wire vs John G (US) and RPT168 Belgian Centurions vs Rob Mac (Australia) yesterday, Both were PbEM games (a new experience or me).