Search results

1. John Fedoriw

Can this vehicle change his CA in the AFPh?

Hi gents< ??????? Thanks, John
  2. John Fedoriw

VOTG! The First Bid NKVD STRONGPOINT question

Hi gents, VOTG CG11 states: RUSSIAN FANATIC STRONGPOINTS ...Russian Personnel unit in a Fanatic Strongpoint Location ....is considered Fanatic (A10.8) and is immune to the effects of Encirclement (A7.7).... VOTG CG11.1 states: TYPES OF FANATIC STRONGPOINTS:... c. NKVD STRONGPOINT...All the...
  3. John Fedoriw

Is AA fire allowed from a VOTG gutted building?

Hi gents, ?????? I have found these rules which lead me to believe AA fire is not allowed but I am not 100% sure if I have missed something: E7.5 AA FIRE: ...An AA-capable weapon may not fire at an Aerial target from a Location that is Blind to that target [EXC: Heavy AA; 7.52], nor from...
  4. John Fedoriw

OBA & extra red chit draw question

Hi gents, I have a question regarding OBA. In the following diagram: ...in each case the pertinent OBA observer can see and has contact for both the red & blue SR. However neither observer can see ANY enemy units. Here are what I think are the relevant rules citing's are: C1.21 BATTERY...
  5. John Fedoriw

Looking for a VASL PBEM, daily logs or thereabout.

Hi gents, I'm a reasonably experienced PBEM player looking for a game. Daily logs preferred but not essential, as long as the game keeps moving. Was eyeballing these scenarios as being good ones to play: J242 Courage of Cowan J241 Its a Battlefield J209 Corking the Chambois Bottle J244 Bowdens...
  6. John Fedoriw

KGS2 Their Fate Sealed Drifting Snow question

Hi, Per SSR1 the Russians get to place drift counters. Per D3.751 A Drift affects only one hexside of its hex and is always placed so as to face the Direction the Wind is blowing to at the time of placement. If there is currently no wind, make a Random Direction dr to determine the wind's...
  7. John Fedoriw

KGS2 Their Fate Sealed A-T SET DC question.

Hi gents, "SSR 6 For the Germans one of their DC must be setup HIP in a road hex and plays as per G1.6121...." "G1.6121 A-T SET DC: During his onboard setup for a 1945 scenario vs other than Russians, the Japanese player may set up ≤ 25% (FRU) of the DC in his OB unpossessed in paved/unpaved...
  8. John Fedoriw

KGS2 Their Fate Sealed A-T SET DC question.

Hi gents, "SSR 6 For the Germans one of their DC must be setup HIP in a road hex and plays as per G1.6121...." "G1.6121 A-T SET DC: During his onboard setup for a 1945 scenario vs other than Russians, the Japanese player may set up ≤ 25% (FRU) of the DC in his OB unpossessed in paved/unpaved...
  9. John Fedoriw

VASL dice weirdness

Hi gents, I was playing on VASL tonight and when I rolled the dice I didn't get a proper die roll but some weird symbols instead. Have a look at this: This has happened in the past but usually it would change to the proper die roll and show the correct numbers after a few minutes. So I...
  10. John Fedoriw

VOTG railcars and mines

Hi gents, "V4. RAIL CARS: V4.1 TERRAIN:... Rail Car hexes are considered directly attached (B25.62) if one or more Rail Car depictions straddles the adjoining hexside (for an example see the 4.2 illustration)." Does this apply only for spreading fire? "V4.2 MOVEMENT: Infantry may...
  11. John Fedoriw

Why do I lose vassal server connection when I open a browser?

Hi gents, When I have a vasl game open and am connected to the server on-line to play with other opponents everything seems to work OK. However if I open a browser (Edge or Chrome) after connecting, I lose connection to the server within a minute. This has only started happening since Sun. I...
  12. John Fedoriw

DVP question

Hi gents, From the tome: "F.3 DESERT VP: To reflect the increased importance of vehicles in the desert campaign, any scenario that specifies Desert VP (DVP) uses the following method of calculating VP for Guns and vehicles eliminated/captured/exited as per A26.2-.22: Gun: a Gun's DVP value...
  13. John Fedoriw

Spanish Civil War

Hi gents, A friend said that he heard rumors about an official ASL Spanish Civil War project in the works....does anyone else have any info on this? I am, really interested in it if it is trye. Thanks, John
  14. John Fedoriw

VASL 6.6.6 issue - have lost the colored ROF die

Hi gents, I have updated to the latest version of VASSL (3.6.19) and VASL (6.6.6) and although for the most part everything seems OK I seem to have an issue. I see everything but I have lost the colored die...when I roll both are white. However if I turn on light dust I get 3 die & the third...
  15. John Fedoriw

Hill Crest LOS Question

Hi gents, Can the AA gun in 50K5 see a unit in 18Y4 or does the 18Y5 crest line block it? The range to Y4 is 13 and the crest line is 12. By my calculation the crest line should create 2 blind hexes (1 at 5 hexes, the second at 10 hexes (B10.23)) which should be reduced to 0 due to the firer's...
  16. John Fedoriw

Does anyone know how you submit a Perry Sez?

Thanks, John
  17. John Fedoriw

Does fire on the 1 FP table with a +1 TEM by a unit that could cower cause the target to become DM?

Hi gents, Per A10.62 DESPERATION MORALE (DM): "DM is a condition which afflicts any unit during the Player Turn it breaks (even if it breaks voluntarily) or any already broken unit which is subsequently attacked by CC/WP, or enough FP (taking the possibility of Cowering into account) to...
  18. John Fedoriw

Does the wall block LOS?

Hi gents, Does the wall block LOS from a firer in K3 to a target (not shown)? A tiny bit of hedge can be seen on the right of the LOS line. Per B9.2 LOS: "....A wall/hedge lying lengthwise (on a hex spine) exactly along a LOS is a Half-Level LOS obstacle only if the wall/hedge hex spine is...
  19. John Fedoriw

Can the Halftrack bypass this hex?

Hi gents, If the Halftrack is in S5 can it bypass the R4/S4 hexside to end its MPh at the R3/R4/S4 vertex? Crossing a wall with a Halftrack is NA BUT there is an opening in the wall which looks like a gate. In the real world this would allow it I am pretty sure but I know that doesn't matter...
  20. John Fedoriw

Can the broken squad ignore R6 as a rout destination?

Hi gents, R6 is the closest woods to the broken squad. Can he ignore it as a rout destination because if he goes there he will have spent all 6 MFs and end his RtPh adjacent to a KEU? Can he go to R3 instead? Thanks, John