Search results

1. D

22_02 Bremen Express (NGP '85) - Jazz vs Arnhem

Thanks for the great AAR, read it with much interest. I have to try this scenario sometime. Oliver
  2. D

22_02 Bremen Express (NGP '85) - Jazz vs Arnhem

This is very exciting. Thank you for this AAR and keep it up! I am reading every bit of it. :thanks: :)
  3. D

Big MMP Announcement from Brian

Sounds cool Well this is certainly good news. I would be interested in what "Hakkaa Päälle" means (translated to English). Maybe someone more fluent in Finnish could help out? :hmmm: Oliver
  4. D

Best ASLSK Scenario

S2 War of the Rats I voted S2 War of the Rats because the FT rocks. :jack: Oliver
  5. D

Battlefield Visits

Have been to Normandy in June this year. Single word: Impressive. Last weekend I was at Peenemünde where the V-2 Rockets were manufactured. This is a really complex experience since a lot of things were invented there that started space flight, on the other hand slave labor was used to build...
  6. D

NEW ASLSK Movement/Defensive Fire Demo Available

I think I saw a similar thread at Consimworld. It is interesting that experienced ASL players react to the demo in this way, because it shows how close the two games really are. I mean, you have to look really close to make out the difference and then it is somewhere in the middle of the turn...
  7. D

The demo is for the Starter Kit This rule does not exist in the Starter Kit, therefore the demo is correct. But for ASL I believe you are correct. Oliver
  8. D

Cool Did not have time to check it out before, but had a look at it now. This is really cool and I think this is a tremendous help for beginners who try to figure out the game on their own. Oliver
  9. D

Non-US ASL players loose 8% on scenarios

It was my first visit to Essen, so I can not really judge it. I refrained from buying ASL related things since I am still waiting for the rulebook. But I spent a lot of money nonetheless. :confused: And it is quite an experience for a "Essen-newbie".
  10. D

I found this on a T-shirt at the Spiel fair in Essen. Next to some two meter (about 2 1/5 yard for :flag: ) longswords, a tin bra and some leather garment this T-shirt was displayed. I thought this was really hilarious, but when I read the sentence out loud, three dwarfes started swinging their...
  11. D

Page protectors Yes, this is totally stupid. I bought DIN A4 page protectors after buying ASLSK and only realized that they won't fit when I tried to insert the scenarios. :argh: Did you manage to get any? Oliver
  12. D

cm vs. inch Well, don't worry, eventually you will get used to it. Even the "old Europe" made the transition from "Zoll" (that would be "Inch" in US) to the metric system. :D But then, maybe we were no longer able to remember how many inches there were in one foot and so we started using...
  13. D

WaterRabbit: I think Staples sells DIN A4 paper, I came across it as tried to find a source for the legal paper. But unfortunately (for me) they don't ship to Europe. :( Oliver
  14. D

Yes, the crazy Ami in the back... Yes, I can relate to that. Therefore from now on I set my own (DIN A4) bottom margin to 4,5 cm so you can print at 100% and even have some space to the right to make annotations. :D So when I start to publish scenarios (which won't happen anytime soon...
  15. D

Chris: You can't do this with Acrobat, as far as I know. And my printer leaves five milimeters on the left and six millimeters on the right. So when I print at 100% the recently published "The Cat's Lair" (from the Scenario Club thread) from HOB it cuts off the leftmost and rightmost letters...
  16. D

OK, the thread name is kind of flashy, but after printing another scenario that was downloadable I decided to investigate the issue at hand. The problem is, that most of the publishers are American and therefore use legal size paper, which is of a slightly different size than the DIN A4...
  17. D

Aslsk2

Why not The first one helped me learn the rules and I see it as a carefully edited version of the rulebook.
  18. D

AOO & ASLRB Update

This is sad I think this is really sad. When I look at this thread I find an initial post that gives a substantial update on the game. (And with substantial I mean not some announced deadline or comforting words, but the announcement that the blue line prints are in the hands of MMP.) Then I...
  19. D

Supply

I voted yes, because I think it is a very interesting feature, but I use it only on occasion because it makes the game a lot more complex.
  20. D

AOO & ASLRB Update

Thanks OK, thanks for the explanation, guys. Now it looks even better. Oliver