Search results

1. KenYoung

Entry and setup question

The Russians enter on the west edge The Germans must set up ≥ 2 hexes from all Russian entry hexes Are the Germans units setup correctly? Thanks for your reply
  2. KenYoung

Cloaking Loss

5). Yes & Yes. (E1.4 "A Cloaking counter is a "?" of any nationality not in play, and has all the characteristics of a "?" plus certain special benefits."). 6). Yes & Yes. {See Note F in A12.121 CONCEALMENT LOSS/GAIN TABLE & response to situation 2}. I do not believe that the Dummy cloaking...
  3. KenYoung

Operation Watchtower (Edson's Ridge) and US Ordnance Note 1. M2 60mm Mortar:

I agree the Ordnance Note predate campaign games. This is why when it comes to campaign games we find a hole in the MTR exchange for OBA system. In a regular scenario you play it once and done. There is no second date with units carried over. Easy no problems. But in a campaign game where the...
  4. KenYoung

Yes, I see your point. But US Ordnance Note 1 uses the word "exchange" not "eliminate". So when the radio/phone is removed (the MTR are no longer being used as OBA). The MTR are exchanged back to counter form.
  5. KenYoung

What rule are you using to justify the removale of the MTR/crew(s)? Eliminated: Units/Equipment/Fortifications "Eliminated" in a CG are removed from that side's OB (i.e. are not Retained). OBA modules that have placed a FFE [EXC: Illumination] in the just played CG scenario are Eliminated. Any...
  6. KenYoung

1. M2 60mm Mortar: † The M2 had a longer range than most light mortars because its primary role was not a "direct support" weapon for the platoon/company, but rather as the company's on-call "OBA". Therefore, for every three M2 mortars the U.S. player receives in his OB, he may exchange those...
  7. KenYoung

A little help with G2.3 NIGHT

A little help with G2.3 NIGHT: No LOS exists at night between adjacent dense-jungle hexes except due to Illumination/Gunflash. Neither starshells nor IR can Illuminate the non-Aerial portion of a jungle hex [EXC: they can Illuminate the Bypass area of light-jungle hexes in which E1.941 does not...
  8. KenYoung

E1.7 Which is correct?

Thanks. My thinking was that it is a ASLRBv1 vs ASLRBV2 kind of thing. I did check out the link and found the Q&A on page 194 of 293 of ASL_QA_Total.pdf
  9. KenYoung

E1.7 Which is correct?

E1.7 COMBAT:7 All night attacks [EXC: Fire Lanes, mines, Snipers, DC, Specific Collateral attacks. Residual FP, CC, and OBA] are subject to a +1 Low Visibility (LV) Hindrance DRM However, the +1 Night LV DRM is never applicable in combination with any positive TEM due to HA or if the...
  10. KenYoung

Pegasus Bridge Campaign Game 1: German Gun question

Also with I-5) During the British Player Turn 1, the German player may conduct only TPBF attacks. If the crew recovers the ATG. During the DFPh. May they change the CA [C3.22 CHANGING CA WITHOUT FIRE:] or deliberately malfunction the Gun [A9.73]?
  11. KenYoung

Pillbox and HIP

Q&A from Perry A11.19 & B30.6 At the start of the CCPh, a unit occupies a hex containing a pillbox. An enemy unit is HIP IN the pillbox Location. Is the HIP unit IN the pillbox Location placed on board at the start of the CCPh? A. Only if CC by/vs the pillbox occupant can occur. Is the answer...
  12. KenYoung

OBA Note P Question

Yes it is. Thanks for the reply.
  13. KenYoung

OBA Note P Question

In the Initial scenario. Can the attacker have a Pre-Registered hex?
  14. KenYoung

CAS Question

Both sides selected a CAS RG on the same TM Scenario. 1) The German CAS first action is to initiate a Dogfight. After destroying both British aircraft (with no damage to themselves). They make no ground attacks (no Sighting TC). Will the German CAS return the next TM Scenario? 2) If the...
  15. KenYoung

TM 4 – MISSION END: ?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions. My opponent is a true believer in the way rules are worded. Any rule that leaves any doubt, will be questioned. After the end of Turn 6 the Attacker rolls...
  16. KenYoung

B13.41 VCA change on a woods-road hex

That's the key to the first post. To avoid the "changing a VCA across a non-road hexside" MP doubling penalty. Must the CA before the change have a road hexside. The CA after the change have a road hexside. The CA before and after the change must have a road hexside.
  17. KenYoung

Question about Vineyards in Crossing the Moro.

Two questions 1) Units in Foxholes treat Vineyards as half-level obstacles. If a unit in a Foxhole lays a Fire lane to a unit in a Vineyard hex. Will the fire lane end at the Vineyard hex or will it continue to the range of the SW? 2) Units in Foxholes treat Vineyards as half-level obstacles...
  18. KenYoung

A7.211 who attacks first in an OVR

Agreed, But if you look at the last sentence of D7.2 Reaction Fire vs an OVRing vehicle is resolved immediately after the resolution of that OVR. It is parallel to the point of A7.211 The Moving units [EXC: BU PRC] may attack first as part of an OVR The only rule I found which specifically...
  19. KenYoung

If we look at A8.312 TPBF: An armed, unbroken Infantry DEFENDER not in Melee must after all Residual-FP/minefield/OBA attacks then immediately attack any Infantry/Cavalry MMC unit that enters its Location during the MPh whether it uses Defensive First Fire, Subsequent First Fire, or FPF [EXC: A...
  20. KenYoung

The reason for the new question. Is that after 5+ years. The sections in red that I showed in the rule quotes still exists. Without them my point of view would have no support and there would be no conflict with the OVR Flow Chart. The eASL Rule Book was released with these sections still...