Search results

1. V

January 2nd 2011 - Showdown off Terschelling

On January 2nd, the new Jutland season started with the expiry of the traditional Christmas Truce. We began with a very large scenario named Showdown off Terschelling, with most of both navies involved. The German BC are sailing of the Dutch coast and encounter British destroyers, behind which...
  2. V

Dead of Winter - 5th BS Variant

This Sunday's battle was originally supposed to be a Big Battle, with a fight the size of Jutland. The scenario of choice was to be Showdown off Terschelling, but since we were only seven players, we agreed to do something a little bit smaller. So we decided to do Dead of Winter instead, which...
  3. V

En Passant - Krousis

Yesterday, we met for yet another Sunday battle, the resaved variant of En Passant with a different distribution of the ship. Three people on either side: RN was present with Anav, RBrook and Invincible, KM had Hipper, myself and - for the first time in multiplayer - Otto Weddigen. I was in...
  4. V

En Passant Revised - MP Game June 6 2010

This weeks Sunday game had five players, three RN (Anav, RBrook, Bryn) and two Germans (Admiral Hipper and myself). At first, we wanted to play En Passant Revised - Krousis, which turned out to be faulty and wouldn't load, so we switched to En Passant Revised instead. ACH settings were fragile...
  5. V

Big MP game May 30 2010 - Memorial Battle

The American Memorial Day seemed the perfect date to do a big international MP battle, and the fact that the following day was the 94th anniversary of the Battle of Jutland made the choice of the scenario obvious: the whole battle, starting at 1530 hours. Each team originally sported four...
  6. V

MP Game April 11 2010 - Another Nightmare

We were four this time, one American and three Germans, and chose to do "A Midsummer Night's Nightmare" again. Anav and bolitho led the Entente convoy and the approaching relief force, while Admiral Hipper and myself steered the German raiders. Hipper was in charge of the two small cruisers...
  7. V

A Midsummer Night's Nightmare - First Test

Some time ago, I tried a scenario involving an Atlantic convoy, and as we were only two people today, we tried if it was playable at all. A small group of German raiders, two BC and two fast CL with long ranges (Derfflinger, Seydlitz, Graudenz and Straßburg) are sent past the blockade to attack...
  8. V

Gefecht auf der Doggerbank: European MP battle February 14th

As we were only three people, and all German as well, we chose to play the localized version of rgreats Dogger Bank scenario. Being the host, I took the role of Franz Hipper, while bolitho and Derfflinger took the Royal Navy.ACH settings were fragile AP grenades OFF, poor ammo handling ON. In...
  9. V

Sortie of June 19th - European MP battle February 7th

After pausing for one week, we met again on the cold North Sea. This time, we played "Sortie of June 19th": elements of HSF and GF clash in the mouth of the English Channel, the Germans steam on a NW course from Antwerpen, while the British, coming from the mouth of river Thames, meet them head...
  10. V

December 13th European MP battle AAR

Tonight we had our first true European MP game, meaning that each team had more than one player. We did the custom scenario Rumble near the Ems, which ran well after some teething troubles which required me to rename it. Admiral Hipper and myself took over the German fleet, while tanyrhiew and...
  11. V

AAR July 12th

Once again, six players congregated to plough the ocean wave - and we also did a bit of technological testing. To improve multiplayer capabilities, the virtual network software Hamachi was employed to create an enhanced playing environment. The results were very pleasing, as all players...
  12. V

Jutland MP June 14: En Passant

For me, it was the first MP game in a long time and, as it happened, the first Jutland game as well. But it ran smoothly enough for most of the time, it seems MP conditions have improved a lot. First of all, though, I want to use this opportunity for a complaint: I had NO problems AT ALL...