Search results

1. W

New members introduce yourself here

Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Left that out of my initial post here
  2. W

New members introduce yourself here

very new I am looking into buying ASL. I found an old copy of the AH version, but have withheld buying i. I am going with the MMP 2nd ed rules and Beyond valor 3rd ed. I'm in west Alabama and hopefully some players are near by for gaming. My experiance with this game has been the SL game...
  3. W

(B23.423) Light Mortars

are the dice in ASL loaded I have not rolled less than a six in three turns of this senario yet!!!!
  4. W

Subsequent first fire

Thanks, Only FPF if already marked as final fire and then the FPF firer takes a NMC.
  5. W

Aslrb2

The larger type and more examples realy appeal to me. AH version 1 should have included a magnifying glass DJ
  6. W

Subsequent first fire

In the Mph df I am still unclear on subsequent fire. Example a unit fires once marked with first fire marker. The unit fired at is unaffected and moves another hex. Can the first fire then subsequent fire at 1/2 fp at this unit again making it makred with a Final fire marker. Can I subsequent...
  7. W

Aslrb2

Should I wait until my copy of ASL RB2 arrives to really start getting into the game? My thinking is I will have to relearn everything. Are the changes for clarification only? or is there some major rewrites of rules? What chapters are included? Chap H should stay about the same I would...
  8. W

(A14.1) Snipers

Originally Posted by wiretwister63 after i resolve the attack does my sniper get replaced as per the placement rules ( I know this happens if I rolled a >2)? DJ OKay I reread the rule on a roll of >2 the attack does not take place and the sniper stays put. If per a sniper check my...
  9. W

(A14.1) Snipers

what happens when an enemy unit moves into the sniper hex? Is the sniper repositioned? Is the only way to permanetly lose a sniper if the SAN drops below 2?
  10. W

(A14.1) Snipers

check my sniper procedure: SAN is a 7 for Belgians. A Ruskie rolls a 7 on an MC the Belgian sniper is activated. I roll a 1. then I roll two die, colored die for direction, white die distance. I move my sniper marker, the full distance rolled? Or just to the closest target? after i...
  11. W

(A14.1) Snipers

bump!!
  12. W

(ASLSK) - Rally in Melee?

Try the second ASLSK senario, the Germans have demos and flamethrower. That really demolishes the Russians. The Russian C troops realy offer no advantage to the Russian OB. In this senario the Germans slaugtered everyone. IN your situation with a leader and brokies in Melee. In ASLSK...
  13. W

Machine Gun ROF

Thanks guys, I have played ASLSK and it metions ROF but has no procedure for it. I have been using the ROF rule from the asl rule book. A fire lane is awsome on moving unit. on turn two of Fighting withdrawal senario. I am reading as I play to get a grasp on the rules so it is a slow...
  14. W

Machine Gun ROF

What is the limit on ROF? The rule seemed ambiguous to me. It says that when the colored die of the IFT roll is less than the ROF number you can continue to use the MG's FP. Example: a ROF 3 MG. Am I allowed only three shots regardless of the continued rolling of 1's and 2's on the colored...
  15. W

How long have you been playing ASL/SL?

I have been in to ASL for about a week now. I have read through chapter A and set up "fighting withdrawal". I need to read some terrain rules pertaining to buildings and i should hack this senario out with rule book in hand over the next two days. DJ I'l be sure to post an after action...
  16. W

advfire Ph Question

Thanks Guys.
  17. W

advfire Ph Question

Why was the change made from the original SL to allow units firing in the AdvFirePh that did not move to only fire at half firepower? (ex. those marked with bounding fire markers can still fire at full strength.) I understand the bounding fire at full strength, it is basically overwatch fire...
  18. W

ASLSK: Placing and removing smoke

Chas, Thanks for the input. A grenade makes sense. Thanks again DJ
  19. W

ASLSK

Thanks for all your input. A new guys perspective on ASL and ASLSK . after reading the chapter A in ASL rule book. I was prety well okay with it. Now that ASLSK is here and I have read and played the first senario. The ASL rule book stuf makes more sense.
  20. W

ASLSK: Placing and removing smoke

in that last post forget the question. Placing and removing smoke in the same Mph allows you to cover manuvers and have some protection against Defensive fire. I reckon my thinking was along the lines of smoke duration in SL. DJ