Search results

1. G

NATO vs WP circa 1978

Dennis and I played this game in Feb of 2007. It's the single biggest game I've ever played and I enjoyed it immensely. Blue Commander's AAR: NATO vs WP circa 1978-79 Custom Scenario US Army, Map 540 - PBEM, January - March 2007 [Game notes: Chance of new artillery ammunition, new...
  2. G

Tons of info on the Current British Army

An Australian gent, G. A. Mackinlay, posted a link on Armchair General to a free pdf version of his self published book, "A Moment In Time - THE BRITISH ARMY AT A MOMENT IN TIME - 1 JULY 2007 A LOOK AT AND FROM IT OF THE MAKEUP OF THE REGULAR AND TERRITORIAL ARMY The free pdf doesn't...
  3. G

CPX Planning Questions

As a player, how much time do spend planning for a CPX? On game day did it turn out to be enough? Do you usually have enough background information from the Umpire? [Things like supply situation, actions on your flanks, etc., not a complete OOB for your opponent! :cool:] Would more info...
  4. G

2007 Christmas Holiday CPX

Wow was that fun! I'm going to let my key board cool off a little while the umpire and commanders think up their AARs. In the meantime, I've uploaded a screen shot of the forces at EndEx with the Red Army operations overlay. Not great quality but I gives the idea.
  5. G

What historical battle would you like to see?

Assuming the units and maps were available, what action would you like to recreate in a TacOps scenario [keeping in mind that neither side should have more than about 3 brigades/regiments for playability].
  6. G

Defending the Lillypad

This article from StrategyPage.com has been running through my head lately. So what you have is a dismounted mech company plus a Bradley. Three of those and you've got most of a battalion. I'm going to swap a couple of standard packages like this for the factory OOB in Team Savage and...
  7. G

Someone asked on Battlefront about WWII scenarios

So just for kicks I did Team Krempp with WWII units, US [blue] vs Germans. I :mad: HATE :mad: Team Krempp - possibly the hardest factory scenario to beat. I did add one extra mortar tube to get a decent minimum smoke cloud [a two-tube smoke screen is nearly useless in version 4]. Anyway I've...
  8. G

Force Preference Poll

Personally, I like tanks. What type of force would you most like to see new scenarios for?
  9. G

CPX Fester Wille 22 Jan 2005

This scenario was designed by Ralph Pichocki [aka "Pi"]. I will leave it to the team commanders to present their overall AARs and let Ralph decide whether to post any of his scenario materials here to support the discussion. The short version: RED was a Mechanized Airborne Battalion (BMD)...
  10. G

AARs for James Sterrett's 23 October 2004 CPX

I haven't seen the replay files yet but I want to get this down while I'm thinking about it. In all truth I did not plan to play today. My wife and I got home around 1600 EDST by which time the game had been going on for six hours. I just planned to drop in and see if anything interesting...
  11. G

Non-European Scenarios

Since most of the conflicts going on around the world do not involve former Warsaw Pact or NATO forces, I'm considering more realistic scenarios that center on warlords, factions, militias, and gangs. High tech units would be limited. Very few tanks :cry: or missiles, very little TacAir, no...