Search results

1. Jason Cameron

Sturmtiger Availability

In actual historical context, the Germans actually only made 12-18 Sturmtigers in total.
  2. Jason Cameron

FTC-10 PBP (Platoon Battle Position) ID's

Ahhh, I see it now. Thanks! Jason
  3. Jason Cameron

FTC-10 PBP (Platoon Battle Position) ID's

Hi, I'm trying to set up FT303 "Ridgeline Rendez-vous". Is the 3rd PBP outlined in green ink and positioned in the extreme lower SE corner of the map around hex M16? Thanks in advance, Jason
  4. Jason Cameron

Q. regarding a squad using 2 SW's in lieu of inherent firepower

So this is what I learned: a squad can possess any number of SW's (measured as portage points) if the squad wishes to move, the maximum number of PP's is limited to 6; this would leave just 1 MF for movement/advance a squad can fire 2 SW's and will be marked with a "FIRST FIRE" counter (if...
  5. Jason Cameron

Ahh yes, I see it now. I believed that Defensive First Fire is part of the Defensive fire Phase but it is not. However, in this case, there would be no difference whether the SW destruction occurred during the enemy's movement phase (what actually happenned) or during the Defensive Fire Phase...
  6. Jason Cameron

I do not see that rule anywhere. The destruction occurred during the opponent's movement phase. 9.73 SW SELF-DESTRUCTION: A SW/Gun/vehicular-weapon may be destroyed or deliberately malfunctioned (instead of firing it) by the unit or inherent crew possessing it during any PFPh/DFPh in which the...
  7. Jason Cameron

Doug Thank you for your reply. That was a good catch. I was not aware of that rule. I believe I need to retain at least 1 MF after deducting for portage costs. Following the example in the rulebook under A4.72, I believe the maximum PP capability would be 6 PP, thus leaving 1 MF remaining for...
  8. Jason Cameron

Indy, thanks for the reply. I am confused with this rule: A9.11 MMC USAGE: A squad may fire any one SW MG at no cost to its own Inherent FP, or any two SW MG at their normal MG FP effect at the cost of forfeiting its own Inherent FP for the current and any remaining fire phases in that Player...
  9. Jason Cameron

Me and friend Woody had an interesting situation yesterday during our playing of St. Mere Eglise SM4 "Raff's Dilemma". Short Version: A squad decides to fire 2 support weapons during a fire phase instead of their inherent firepower. Afterwards, are they marked as "First Fired" or "Final Fired"...
  10. Jason Cameron

Enjoying LFT15 - Question About Map LFT3: Hill or Depression?

Thanks guys...although I have no idea what "AD2.11" refers to. Jason
  11. Jason Cameron

Enjoying LFT15 - Question About Map LFT3: Hill or Depression?

I set up scenario FT292 "Engineer Hill". Is the LFT3 map played as a level 1 hill or a level -1 depression? Thanks, Jason
  12. Jason Cameron

Where do 5-3-7 Partisans come from? (MM68 Oliwa's Escape)

I'm schedule to play this scenario over the weekend. However, I cannot find a reference to 5-3-7 Partisans in the Rulebook. I would think a SSR is needed to identify these units. Can anyone help me out? What counters should I use? TIA Jason
  13. Jason Cameron

Changing vehicular ca without firing

I'm not convinced...aren't most AAMGs turret-mounted and thus specifically allowed per the rule? Only a couple AAMGs were mounted directly to the hull of an AFV.
  14. Jason Cameron

ASL Scenario FT-317 Bridge of Oblivion

I believe MMP may have issues with you giving away their intellectual property to others without their permission.
  15. Jason Cameron

Houston ASL Meets on the 1st Saturday of the Month Starting July 2

Hi everyone. Now that we are all coming out of the COVID crisis, I feel it is time to revive our monthly ASL meetings. The format will be the same. We will meet on the first Saturday of the month starting in July (next weekend). Try to RSVP via the Texas ASL website...
  16. Jason Cameron

German 7.3cm rocket launcher; - does anyone know of it's actual use in WWII?

I'll reply to my own post...it appears that the minimum range was 500 yards (13 hexes). That makes it less of a tactical weapon and more like an OBA type. I suppose it could be a mortar type of weapon of 73mm with a rate of fire (ROF) of "5".
  17. Jason Cameron

German 7.3cm rocket launcher; - does anyone know of it's actual use in WWII?

It's not often we hear of a German "wonder weapon" that was previously not well known. I suppose this is one of them: a German crew weapon rocket 7.3cm launcher. Think of a 73mm mortar that dumps 35 rounds on your head AT THE SAME TIME! Was this actually used in combat in WWII? What would...
  18. Jason Cameron

FTC 12 - Why the SSR for no Bore Sighting?

I picked this wonderful product up at the Texas ASL Austin Tournament held last weekend. I always love the LFT products as they have the passion and experience to make fantastic products. I buy everything they produce. If you have a desire to get the very best in ASL, buy one of their...
  19. Jason Cameron

Operation Martlet: Rivers or Streams?

The map for this product includes a feature labelled "River de Bordel". However, in the product rules, there is no mention of a river. The map also appears to show a stream. Therefore, how should I interpret this water feature? Did the designer intend for it to be a river or a stream...
  20. Jason Cameron

Rules Questions about Blood Reef Tarawa

I have reversed my position; I believe there is a +1 hindrance for this sight line. This is assuming BRT has "low" seawalls. G13.622 LOS: A unit entrenched in a Beach hex has no LOS across/along a low-seawall hexside/hexspine to any Level 0 Hinterland Location that lies beyond the Hinterland...