Search results

1. G

A Midsummer Night's Nightmare - First Test

Sounds like a nice battle. I'll have to take a look at that scenario.
  2. G

Battle in the Yellow Sea

Kotori edited the Yellow Sea scenario to add two ACs to the Russians and reposition the Japanese main force a bit to the south to guarantee a toe-to-toe battle. We fought a second battle with this new version of Yellow Sea. We both agreed it still needed a bit of tweaking, but that it was...
  3. G

Battle in the Yellow Sea

I'll start off by saying that was a fun MP game of DG 1.5! Things didn't go quite the way my brother described them, but he got some good details. We chose the Yellow Sea battle, and agreed to meet fairly head on. We each took some great screenshots, although mine are slightly marred by...
  4. G

1/25 American MP: Sortie of June 19th

I was just looking over the screen shots, and they pretty much tell the tale of this battle with little extra detail needed. I was given command of the German light cruisers and the DDs to the west of the battle line. I sent two cruisers west and three cruisers north east. The British were in...
  5. G

1/25 American MP: Sortie of June 19th

First off, I'd like to apologize for showing up late, and thank everyone for restarting to allow Kotori and I to play. I have a bunch of screen shots taken while commanding the German light cruisers and some destroyers. That's all the screenies. I'll write up a report tomorrow. 0662 initial...
  6. G

Major Victory for the HSF

Check the ammunition levels of your ships. After a big fight like that, they may be very low, and undamaged ships may be lost if they can't return fire. In my campaign, the British have nothing larger than an armored cruiser by the end of February. I sank half the fleet at the Battle of Great...
  7. G

Lutzos 2nd Cruise

Wow, a close encounter with the BCF at night... that must have been quite the surprise. It looks like you encountered the older BCs which don't like to get heavily engaged with German capitol ships. Where are the Splendid Cats? While my two BC raiders are on their way up north, I sent two...
  8. G

Lutzow's First Patrol

This is probably a good question for Bullethead: does the AI do anything if the German player sends raiders up north or through the channel to the west coast? As a British player, how would you react to such a a raid?
  9. G

Lutzow's First Patrol

I've been planning to do that in my campaign as well. Those northern patrols are annoying! It's nice to hear a success story before I get started. I've been too busy with school recently, though. Once finals are over, I'll have some time to play again. I'll probably also send a CL or two...
  10. G

December 5th North American MP game AAR

I wish I could have been there, but I was at an officer's meeting for my model battleship club and it ran way overtime. I got back shortly after the initial exchange of fire between the main battle lines, I think. I got a description of the battle from my brother Kotori. Since he has often...
  11. G

German Campaign

Some of my last few posts on this thread have been about an engagement I call the Battle of Hull. One post gives a good look at what I was thinking about as the battle moved into it's penultimate stage, but doesn't give the full story. I took a bunch of screenshots and notes, and I thought it...
  12. G

Sunday MP AAR 10/4/09

There is a club that meets every Sunday. We recently decided to change the starting time from what is listed here, but there are a few dedicated members like Anav who really work hard to keep things going. Playing MP games really teaches you how to keep track of and manage large forces in real...
  13. G

Sunday MP AAR 10/4/09

At the end of the first half of battle, the HSF was fighting a retreat and had to shelter any cripples, while the GF was on the offensive and could simply pull any damaged ships back and the battle would pass them by. This helped protect Temeraire (second ship in line behind Bellerophon)...
  14. G

Sunday MP AAR 10/4/09

I see, part of the speed loss was to help with damage control. I did that to a smaller extent with Repair and Refit, dropping them down to 20kts while they dealt with the tender affections of the HSF. There were a few issues with lag, but for the most part they weren't too bad. You'll notice...
  15. G

Sunday MP AAR 10/4/09

I forgot to mention that the ACH settings were: fragile AP on, unstable cordite off. The British started off with the wind blowing our funnel smoke towards the Germans, obstructing our vision, especially for the ships at the back of the line. Our main battleship line was also slower than the...
  16. G

Sunday MP AAR 10/4/09

We try to play regularly, but we aren't always succeeding. The Jutland MP club has a lot of members, but not always a very good turnout. Sunday is the big day usually, but for the next two weeks my brother and I won't be able to make it. There are some medium sized scenarios, like Blind Man's...
  17. G

Sunday MP AAR 10/4/09

December 25, 1916 1230 (3 hours, 10 minutes to sunset) 88km NW of Rotterdam Overcast sky, light rain, 20*C, 32.9km visibility Wind: 15 knots WNW, Sea State: 3, 1m waves A German force attempted a large raid on shipping in the English Channel. The attacking force consisted of 10BB, 4BC, 10CL...
  18. G

Sunday MP AAR 10/4/09

That was a heck of a MP game we just played! Jess and Derfflinger took the Germans against Kotori and myself as the British on a custom map by Jess called "Christmas Day." After much maneuvering, long range gunnery, and a few torpedo attacks, dusk finally fell and we called it. It looked like...
  19. G

The Tsar's Crown Jewels - Russian

Agreed! It's fun to read about other campaigns and see how they are reported. Making reports from the admirals and captains in command of the flotillas and independent ships is a nice touch.
  20. G

German Campaign

OK, there are some screeshots up in the screenshot thread. The first shows the BCF under bombardment. The second shows the BCF returning fire. The third shows the glory of the British Empire going up in sheets of smoke and flame. The fourth shows some German predreadnoughts in action. The...