Search results

1. R

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

I don't know if ours is also missing, but I know my victorious opponent Jason Wert may be tied up and possibly did not yet have a chance to report the results: his Russians won a swirling contest in AP 131 Crickets In Spring against my attacking Germans. Tip of the hat to Jason for a great...
  2. R

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

David Langer's Greeks held on for a win against Jim Fardette's Italians in FT226 "Veni Venezia!". Jim played well pushing his Italians vigorously into the Greek town he was tasked with capturing. But fickle fate was unkind, causing the springs to pop out of his support weapons, and with not...
  3. R

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

In J178: Old Friends, David Langer's Germans held on for a win against Bruce Childs' Americans, who were tasked with seizing control of 7 multi-hex stone buildings or collecting 38+ CVP, but without losing more than 37 CVP of their own. The Americans attacked vigorously and soon were on the cusp...
  4. R

VASLeague 2018, general discussion

In a tense playing of ASL 1: Fighting Withdrawal, the Finns (David L.) eeked out a victory against a determined Soviet (Steve B.) defense. The Soviets struck a very good balance early on of putting up resistance and then backing away from the Finns' high firepower. Block after block, defense...
  5. R

Oregon Laminations All Metal 2.5 mm Corner Cutter

I have the 2mm all metal clipper (the pre-Deluxe one). The technique I use is to turn the clipper upside down so that I am looking into the cut-out whole and I can see the counter. Then I just make sure it is aligned properly. With a little practice you can get moving at a nice clip, and the...
  6. R

VASLeague 2018, general discussion

Grebbe Hill, Holland, 13 May 1940: Dan Cunningham's Dutch put up a determined defense, but David Langer's Germans eeked out a win by grabbing the needed fourth and final victory building in the last turn (of ASL 143: Grebbe End). The Dutch began the scenario defending a wood's line as the...
  7. R

VASLeague 2017, general discussion

Kudos to Jack for a solid defense that kept my Germans hard pressed the whole way through. Round One is a tough nut for the Germans to crack! Good game and a great opponent.
  8. R

Help Using Extensions

Yup, that's right; the .zip was definitely in there! I used the search feature in the Windows settings box and it took me right to spot where I could switch off the "hide extensions" feature. I've gone back and cleaned up my extensions to remove the .zip. Thanks again for the help.
  9. R

Help Using Extensions

Here's what the download looks like on my machine: I don't have a .zip extension in the name (or at least I don't see where it is), but no .vmdx either. So far, adding the .vmdx to the name and selecting with the add extension tool has things working. Now, my VotG DC toting assault engineers...
  10. R

Help Using Extensions

I'm downloading the extensions from http://vasl.info/extensions.htm on Windows 10 using Edge. The file arrives in my download folder as a compressed zipped folder.
  11. R

Help Using Extensions

Thanks JR. What happened was the download gave me a plain zip folder. I renamed the downloaded file to add ".vmdx" at the end, and that appears to have done the trick. Thanks again for the quick reply; much appreciated!
  12. R

Help Using Extensions

Hi Folks. I'm having trouble getting the cloaking display extension for an ongoing Valor of the Guards campaign game to work. I expect I've missed a step somewhere and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I download the extension from the VASL 6.x extensions, and then extract the...
  13. R

VASLeague 2017, general discussion

Great game by you, too, Mike. This one went all the way down to the wire, and may very well have written a different ending but for one persistent French half squad with a 60mm mortar! To anyone looking for a fun early war scenario, take a gander at DB134 March on Marche. It's got an...
  14. R

Official Vanilla 45 Tournament Thread. All Info and Posts located here.

Wombat and I are through at least the first quarter, as it were. We have one game that is slightly ahead of the other. Forces are starting to pour into the town, and I'd have to say that the Germans appear to be taking most of the lumps in both games -- although that is more true for my...
  15. R

Official Vanilla 45 Tournament Thread. All Info and Posts located here.

Wombat and I have both battles up and running, with one a few turns ahead of the other.
  16. R

GS BB Vanilla 45 Tourney - 2 needed please.

If you are still looking to fill out the count, I'm interested. If you are already full, I can stick around as an alternate if need be :)