Search results

1. Chris Drake

Nostalgia Hit...

I remember that Hobbytown, my adventure started at the Hobbydashery when it was on St Louis street in Springfield. Squad Leader, COI, COD were all purchased there. A buddy sent me GI as a Christmas gift from a hobby shop in Elizabethtown Kentucky. The ASL rule book and Beyond Valor were...
  2. Chris Drake

Beyond Valor - How Many Different Versions of 3rd Edition

There was also a second edition which included Red Barricades
  3. Chris Drake

4 player scenario

Streets of Stalingrad Scenario 3 from the original Squad Leader
  4. Chris Drake

Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

I received mine yesterday but I pre-ordered through MMP.
  5. Chris Drake

Red Factories in Italy - MIA?

I realize the time difference might make trying to call them a logistical issue but here is the number. 410-729-3334 If memory serves they are usually out of the building by about 3pm EST. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about an issue and had a response the next day...
  6. Chris Drake

How did you get your start into War games?

It started when I was 14 in 1983 in Arvada Colorado, a kid next door and his older brother had me playing Starfleet Battles, I didn't understand the rules that well but I had a blast playing. They moved away shortly after but when I was at my Grandparents house that summer in Springfield Mo, I...
  7. Chris Drake

Official HASLs & CGs in the works

Likely 2020
  8. Chris Drake

We Have Lost Another One

Sorry for your loss.
  9. Chris Drake

Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

Mine has been packing since Tuesday, must be some good packing.
  10. Chris Drake

MMP sells Doomed Battalions, SASLs, Op Watchtowers

I think they said $30 but it will only come with board 8
  11. Chris Drake

MMP sells Doomed Battalions, SASLs, Op Watchtowers

looks like they are adding paratrooper to the mix as well
  12. Chris Drake

what are you buying next?

Waiting for Korea, I think I may have been the last pre-order. Red Factories is next unless I decide to go out of my gaming budget and pick up Objective: Schmidt.
  13. Chris Drake

Korea: The Forgotten War...

They are still shipping pre-orders. After that it will show up.
  14. Chris Drake

Philippe Briaux is still hospitalized in Cleveland

This is terrible, I didn't attend ASLOK or even know Phillippe but I feel bad for him and his wife. I would gladly kick in a few bucks to a go fund me campaign to help out with expenses.
  15. Chris Drake

ASLRB binder and Festung Budapest

So do I, one for the Main rules, one for HASL, one for Chapter H and one for Chapter Z
  16. Chris Drake

Blood & Jungle and CoS on Preorder

I received a note a few hours after I placed my order that said 4-6 weeks. I placed my order the first day.
  17. Chris Drake

The MMP staff.

They have day jobs but also have people that fill orders and answer the phone. I do not know for sure but I think Brian's wife runs the place during the day. Somebody more informed will surely post about this.
  18. Chris Drake

BFP 3: Blood and Jungle Reprint Interest

Great news on both products, looking forward to them.
  19. Chris Drake

Your experiences/difficulties with the Oregon Laminations 2mm Deluxe Corner Rounder (C006)?

I read somewhere (BGG I think) that the Oregon Laminating Rep. had said they had a bad batch come through. It was also said that if it breaks within a month or so of buying it, they would replace it. I'm not exactly sure of the quote but I a close.